Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Nothing much tickled my fancy are PrIntworks, I've got tickets for MCDE in November and Alkan in September. I really like the look of the Halloween night at Oval Space, and sadly took too long to organise troops for Hessle at Bussey, which is a pain because I live a 15 min walk from it now!

9 hours ago, Matt42 said:

The bicep album really isn't that good...

feels like they've waited almost too long / rushed it. The hype for it last summer was massive.

I've not had a chance to listen yet, I'm not big into Bicep to be fair - thoroughly enjoyable live set at Dekmantel though. 

On 9/1/2017 at 11:13 AM, Matt42 said:

The bicep album really isn't that good...

feels like they've waited almost too long / rushed it. The hype for it last summer was massive.

Biceps album is 10/10 from me. what were you expecting? slower paced stuff that flows really well.

Edited by mike86

On 9/1/2017 at 8:25 PM, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

I've not had a chance to listen yet, I'm not big into Bicep to be fair - thoroughly enjoyable live set at Dekmantel though. 

Bicep, Byron the Aquarius and Palms Trax were the stand outs at Dekmantel for me. Sadly cant find any of the mixes online. 

6 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Yeah, sold out his Pickle Factory all nighter in absolutely no time. I mean, I think he's great, but his growth has been absolutely astronomical

Not had the pleasure of seeing Hunee yet and tbh the only reason I've heard of him is because of the hype on here.  Is there somebody similar you could compare him to so I have an idea of what he's like?

4 hours ago, Morgs74 said:

Not had the pleasure of seeing Hunee yet and tbh the only reason I've heard of him is because of the hype on here.  Is there somebody similar you could compare him to so I have an idea of what he's like?

Antal of course. But he has that crate digger vibe that is going down so well these days -- think Floating Points or Ben UFO. His energy is what makes the sets great though, the boy is just electric. 

11 hours ago, Tuna said:

Antal of course. But he has that crate digger vibe that is going down so well these days -- think Floating Points or Ben UFO. His energy is what makes the sets great though, the boy is just electric. 

Thanks!  Your last point about his energy is what I love about Black Madonna.  Hopefully I'll get to see him at some point and understand the hype

1 hour ago, Morgs74 said:

Thanks!  Your last point about his energy is what I love about Black Madonna.  Hopefully I'll get to see him at some point and understand the hype

You can get a great feel for it from some of his sets online - even this from 4 years ago showcases it perfectly

Bit of a random one this. 

I have a potential gig coming up with my new project, Healthy Boy and it's going to be at The Windmill, Brixton on October 22nd. It's influenced by Suicide, ADULT., Soft Cell, Depeche Mode, The Human League. Sorta dark, synth based post-punk type stuff. I'm currently on the look out for any London Based people who are good with synthesizers and electronic equipment who would be interested in playing in a group with me. The Windmill is a pretty decent venue and it'll be quite a big deal if I get my first gig there. 

So if you are interested, or are friends with anyone who might be interested then please let me know. If you want I can bung up a shit demo I uploaded to SoundCloud.