Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

On 7/27/2017 at 6:08 PM, zero000 said:

Thoughts on this lineup guys?

20375683_10155388119131113_8144050697651

Familiar with Steffi and Virginia! What are people's thoughts on DJ Harvey and Young Marco? Again, I've heard the names but no idea about what they're like.

DJ Harvey is an absolute legend. Go for it. 

Hey guys, 

Hope this isn't too much of a tangent, but I have a spare ticket for Lost Village that I'm selling. I've put it on Stub Hub for £130, which is a bit less than the face value, and less than the current tickets are selling at. Plus the lineup is sweet :) If anyone is interested, PM me and I can send you the link 

Cheers!

Hi @Sasperella - best of luck selling your tickets - but I emplore you to please not use StubHub, as the money they take as commission only helps to fuel the company, who contribute massively towards the negative tout market/ticket company corruption in today's climate. Might I direct you towards Twickets or even better, Scarlet Mist. However the latter is not likely to be the correct platform for Lost Village, but the Facebook event page is pretty active. 

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

Hi @Sasperella - best of luck selling your tickets - but I emplore you to please not use StubHub, as the money they take as commission only helps to fuel the company, who contribute massively towards the negative tout market/ticket company corruption in today's climate. Might I direct you towards Twickets or even better, Scarlet Mist. However the latter is not likely to be the correct platform for Lost Village, but the Facebook event page is pretty active. 

Aaah cool, thanks Tuna! I did actually think it was a bit weird as one of the options they have when you're selling is if you're selling tickets as a business... not even trying to hide it I guess. I'll check out these options now!

also ticketswap.uk might be a good place to sell

On the topic of lost village im not all that pleased that Broadwick Live are involved with them, (architects in part of the Truck, Y Not and Fest No 6 disasters) so we'll see how that pans out.

In addition I have found something legit online that says the capacity this year will be 12,000. That seems a lot, lot more than the 5,000 I have seen previously quoted. I was there last year and it felt somewhere in the middle of those two figures, but certainly in single digit thousands. I will be curious to see if they are trying to get too big too quickly...... if they do they will ruin it. It is a lovely festival but I am very apprehensive about this year now!! last year was almost perfect so I feel like the only way might be down....

the proof will be in the pudding!

Edited by Memory Man

So, who here went to Dekmantel this year? I'm finally feeling normal again and my review is below.

Amsterdam itself is a fantastic city to party in, it's really laid back, decent beer and additional items, really enjoyed being in the city and having a hotel to go back to and a good bed and showers is a god send for recuperation. 

We only got 3 day passes so did Friday, Saturday and Sunday and did the Friday afterparty, the festival site I thought was really really good, well laid out, minimal noisebleed (some between Selector Stage and Greenhouse) soundsystems were all top notch, crowd was also ace everywhere we went, could maybe do with having less British people I think. They don't appear to oversell the tickets so never felt really busy, top sets of the weekend for me were Robert Hood, Karenn, Ben UFO, Motor City Drum Ensemble, Larry Heard and Eclair Fifi, but on the whole everyone was really good. The afterparty at shelter was great too, dark sweaty club and Rodhad, all very good fun! 

Be interested to hear what other attendees thought of it? 

Now I have had to come home, pack up my life and move to London on Friday, Sunfall at the weekend, can't wait!

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Good luck with the move Matt, hope everything goes well for you :)

Videos of Ben Ufo looked like fantasy land, I was very jealous. Dekmantel is well and truly penciled in for next year 

Cheers dude, I think Robert Hood was the stand out, absolutely took us to all corners but was a great journey. The UFO set was class too, would definitely reccomened Dekmantel to anyone with a penchant for house and techno, lots and lots of techno in a sweaty dark tent.

2nd year at Dekmantel and brilliant again. just so well organised. all the stages brilliantly designed and a nice compact site but still loads of space. great vibe, didn't see anyone messy or fucked even though lots of people were "on it". stayed at a hotel 10mins walk away on the road beside the airport. very handy.

was supposed to go to Katharsis on Saturday night after the festival but too tired to face 9hrs of relentless industrial techno so ended up just having a few drinks in the hotel bar after we got back.

went to a few of the Thursday opening night gigs, Gas was good in the concert hall, nice and atmospheric and cool visuals. got the ferry across the bay then and saw Actress who was pretty good, glitchy stuff, although walked offstage once during the gig due to not being happy with something, then finished 5mins early and seemed pissed off, just redlined some feedback to finish :lol: went into Shelter then and saw Nathan Fake who was great. had planned on staying for Andy Stott and Demdike Stare but decided to just go for a few beers in the city instead.

festival Fri-Sun;

Friday got in for the last hour of Nina Kraviz opening the Selectors stage, Omar-S on the main stage was fantastic, as you'd expect from a legend like him, perfect Detroit house vibes at that time, spotted Nina Kraviz enjoying it at the side too. things get a bit hazy until Robert Hood on the main stage, who was good, even if his set was quite similar to last year, dropped Clouds - Chained To A Dead Camel 2 years in a row:

Saturday, chilled on the grass outside he Greenhouse with Illum Sphere and Jameszoo in the background, then caught some of Donato Dozzy and Peter Van Hoesen in the UFO stage. headed to the Boiler Room stage and caught the end of Eclair FiFi and start of Deniro but we weren't really feeling it, so went to Joy O & Jon K who were great in the Greenhouse, have vague recollections of seeing some of Jon Hopkins on the main stage after that, Ben UFO smashed it on the main stage, lots of UK garage-y stuff, although left to catch the last 20mins of DJ Nobu in the UFO tent, which was great, atmospheric techno as usual from him (check out his Boiler Room from a few years ago), and he finished with Aphex Twin's Polynomial C

Sunday we were pretty much hanging in there but ended up bumping into a big group we kind of knew from Dublin shortly after getting in. I wouldn't usually be bothered catching Palms Trax, but he was fantastic on the main stage, perfect sunny house and disco vibes, everyone up and dancing despite being on it a few days at that stage. when he dropped the S Tone remix of Montego Bay's Everything it was probably my highlight of the festival. after that caught some of Masters at Work, Karenn, Blawan on the Boiler Room, and finished off with British Murder Boys.

Edited by ghostdancer1

https://www.houghtonfestival.co.uk/Houghton_2017_Map_Lineup.pdf

Why did I chose houghton over sunfall? That lineup is mega

Also I love the fact that they've stuck to their promise about a 24hr licence... some sets starting at 7am and 8am

It's what I wish Glastonbury could improve to be, i'd love to see some 7am/8am set starts at the festival

Spent last night hanging out with Helena Hauff, told her about glastonbury and how she needs to play

shes never heard of it, so it was v hard to explain to her the beauty of the south east corner / bloc 9.

i tried my best lol. Also off to sunfall today and the sunfall afters on 4 hours sleep. Pray for me

On 12/08/2017 at 10:49 AM, Matt42 said:

Spent last night hanging out with Helena Hauff, told her about glastonbury and how she needs to play

shes never heard of it, so it was v hard to explain to her the beauty of the south east corner / bloc 9.

i tried my best lol. Also off to sunfall today and the sunfall afters on 4 hours sleep. Pray for me

haha good lad.

anyone get out to Houghton? reviews pls

10 hours ago, TheBurns said:

I'm always so jealous of people living in London!

Glasgow people, I'm heading over for LCD going to arrive a day early and I hear subclub is good on the Tuesday any other ideas?

It can be once the uni year is back up and running, which it just will be then. 

If it's just a residents night it can get a little weird and shit. Keep your eye out for something being announced they don't usually announce that far in advance