Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

10 minutes ago, OffshoreToon said:

Paranoid London at Glade was incredible. Best thing I saw all weekend. 

What was going on with Blawan? Why were there two guys in the booth?

I really enjoyed London Paranoid at Glade. Feels wonderful to dance like a loon in the middle of the day.

5 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

I was at Jon Hopkins in body, but by that time I was on another planet, I can remember him playing Open Eye Signal and not a lot else, I apparently had an ace time there though and then went missing, turned up a few hours later gurning my tits off at Bicep, left there at 5ish, woke up some time later in the compost toilets in the tipi fields. I have been trying to piece together everything using my steps on the iPhone, but to no avail. 

:lol: saw a lot of very messy people in that Bicep set. Unfortunately not yourself though! Would have been a grand selfie for the E/D crew

Great to hear your tales as ever @bennyhana22! Unfortunately no Jon for myself - a mixture of not liking Arcadia and rallying the troops for Crows Nest King Gizz meant it was never gonna happen anyway. Sounds like it was perfect though. Also didn't get to see my boy @Mezhyp1 front/cent for FR and Jen - was at Bicep with a bit of our group because it was close to home - had some horrific stomach problems all day which had gotten to excruciating levels, no doubt thanks to the wine/drugs/chainsmoking combo. Had to get down to Steffi and Virginia though, through that horribly managed crowd in SEC. People getting crushed, crying, screaming, separated from their friends in that mess. Horrible people, badly managed, unfortunately. Anyway - by S&V I had stopped indulging my naughty needs - mostly as pure damage limitation for Sunday, but it was tip top. Couldn't hack the full 2 hours though. 

Jamie XX on Sunday was another victim of Beat Hotel false advertising; plenty of boogie woogie room down the front. Think that's the 3rd time I've heard Talking Heads in the closing Sunday set at the Beat Hotel too. Jamie dropped Ye Ye at peak busyness too, coincident with the last of the weekends booze hitting me, which was grand. Unfortunately he followed it with Gosh...

Unfortunately I may have to sour things a tad. Did anyone getting into the Downlow this year have any... problems with the door staff? A lot of men not being let in without showing their junk... 

I got a moustache on the Wednesday, stayed in Wednesday night and didn't bother again until the Sunday due to the outrageous queues. I got to the Downlow about 11:30ish Sunday for MAW. Was worth it without a shadow.

Looks like the Downlow is a victim of it's own success. I've never had any problems getting in before, although I did once kiss one of the girls on the door to get in, kissing on the cheek didn't suffice! I think if you aren't willing to get your chopper out for a laugh to get inside then *maybe* it isn't for you? I dunno. 

14 hours ago, OffshoreToon said:

Paranoid London at Glade was incredible. Best thing I saw all weekend. 

What was going on with Blawan? Why were there two guys in the booth?

Blawan didnt play during his designated slot, not sure if he was on earlier...?, was the carry nation who were the 2 guys according to twitter)

Edited by Rudi

13 hours ago, Tuna said:

Unfortunately I may have to sour things a tad. Did anyone getting into the Downlow this year have any... problems with the door staff? A lot of men not being let in without showing their junk... 

Didn't see it but nah that's not right. No venue would get away with asking women to flash their parts.

I was only in the Downlow for Dan Shakes set in the Meat Rack on Friday and found the staff to be great craic then, but agreed 100% that's not on.

Highlights for me were Call Super on Thursday in Wow, Hessle Audio night on Friday again in Wow, Digweed Thursday in the Spaceport, Jon Hopkins on the spider on Saturday.

Only getting to my house now and still feeling very blue but will go into better detail later!

Edited by TheBurns

2 hours ago, The60ftOctopus said:

What festivals is everyone doing next year then?

There are so many European ones about nowadays it's hard to keep up with what's good or not.

so hard to choose but primavera was a blast this year, the new electronic area is pretty darn good and obviously the rest of the festival's quality is well known

Sonar is good because you pretty much know that between the main festival and the off events almost every DJ there is will play so you can pick your faves

15 hours ago, Tuna said:

All of my male friends that tried to get into NYC Downlow and Meat Rack were asked to show their knobs, when one of our mates came back in the evening we thought he was taking the piss, but another couple of people then confirmed that they had been asked the following evening too.

My mate was working in the staff kitchen at Beat Hotel and was allowed to go up on stage with Jamie xx for the last 3 hours or so of the night which was pretty cool, he was just told he had to leave his phone with security or something so as not to take any pictures.

8 hours ago, The60ftOctopus said:

What festivals is everyone doing next year then?

There are so many European ones about nowadays it's hard to keep up with what's good or not.

Not sure. Think I'll probably try and tie something in with some travelling - maybe check out eastern Europe or actually go somewhere warm, I dunno. Probably the year to try Dekmantel really. Can thoroughly recommend Primavera as above. 

Also thinking Dekmantel, Primavera and Sonar. Seems like they may be inundated with the Glastonbury lot next year! Maybe it's more likely I'll meet you all at a different festival.

@Mezhyp1 were you as front and centre for Romeau/Cardini as my brother? :) Heheh...

19510213_10155421505754501_6371422394921

Edited by willsnewman
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Rudi said:

Blawan didnt play during his designated slot, not sure if he was on earlier...?, was the carry nation who were the 2 guys according to twitter)

I had a look on Twitter during his set and couldn't see anything about a change. Bit shit, but I'll be seeing him in two weeks anyway before Nina Kravitz. 

2 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

So now that Galstonbury gone, what's everyone got planned for the rest of the summer, music wise?

Bluedot festival, weekend in london with durrr (erol & rory phillips) on 14/07 and artwork boat party on 15/07

bit of a gap then lost village end of august

wish i was going to but not: optimo 20 in glasgow, sunfall in london

2 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

So now that Galstonbury gone, what's everyone got planned for the rest of the summer, music wise?

I've got Dek coming up and Koze in Liverpool in between. Also skint on my arse after all that time off and being self employed. After that might put me feet up until we go back into nightclubs. 

Will be going to Optimo 20 in Glasgow as it's  on my doorstep. Haven't really got many plans though 

Was going to go to Sunfall with a mate who's a Fielding fanatic, but Konstantin being an utter w*nk stain has fucked that up. Lost Village looks good but not sure about the thought of another camping festival 

Pretty sure I'm going to do Optimo 20. Hoping that I may be paying a visit to Houghton Festival courtesy of a local friend, but we shall see... Got Erased Tapes is 10 in September to look forward to as well, involving Kiasmos, Rival COnsoles and perhaps a visitt to XOYO for Erol and Xavier. Also considering Skye Live as it would be silly not to really. And of course there will be much goings on in Glasgow!