Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

59 minutes ago, OBface said:

Our (large) group all managed to get in at around 2am Thursday, 12am Friday and 2:30am Saturday. We made sure we sorted moustaches pretty early on though. Think people are forced into the smoking area to get a break from the hotter than hell temperatures inside.

Did notice a small shift in the crowd this year, probably due to the coverage given over in RA, Mixmag etc. Got a bit irrate with a group who took over the seating area for their own party and got shirty when I tried to sit down. Didn't want to interact with any other part of the venue.

Interesting. So you were using the re-entry lines, even they seemed busy this year. What a shame victim of its own success!

49 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

I didn't bother with acardia at all this year sounds like it was absolutely rammed the whole time.

Anyone catch Seth Troxler on the blues on Thursday? I thought he was great but I was quite fucked.

Crowds were mental for Seth at the Blues. Sounded good from the sidelines though

On 2017-6-25 at 0:13 PM, Divein said:

Joe Goddard was brilliant

I set off to see Joe Goddard but Goldie was playing banger after banger @ Arcadia, so I ended up staying there and did not regret it one bit.

Highlight of the entire weekend was a bloke who was on the Clash Stage before Lisa Mafia (she was absolutely abysmal and I am not sure what she actually did). He was absolutely stunning. He played some kind of dnb/dubstep but was beat juggling and scratching like mad. Not only was he ripping it up, but he had the place rocking as well. It was an utterly superb set and I did not hear one dj all weekend he came any where near touching him.

23 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Was keeping a look out in the Meat Rack but couldn't spot you - no idea how, it was so tiny! 

Heard Jackmaster playing The Bells > Sandstorm > Zombie Nation on Arcadia from my tent, the daft pillock :lol:

He was so good in BBC Introducing ad well, glad I chose that ahead of Arcadia as there was so much dancing room also 

5 hours ago, Tuna said:

Was keeping a look out in the Meat Rack but couldn't spot you - no idea how, it was so tiny! 

I KNOW! I was near the back but specifically came down for a wander to look for you. Was with a group dressed in circus gear if that helps. EDIT: Nah that was the Saturday - Glastonbury memory loss.

4 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Interesting. So you were using the re-entry lines, even they seemed busy this year. What a shame victim of its own success!

Yeah Saturday night we had a short wait to get in but weren't too bothered as Genosys was just beyond the barrier to provide entertainment. Sunday night was a different matter when they closed both queues early. Told everyone we should head straight after the headliners but it was like herding sheep :(

Edited by OBface

6 hours ago, Madyaker said:

I didn't bother with acardia at all this year sounds like it was absolutely rammed the whole time.

Anyone catch Seth Troxler on the blues on Thursday? I thought he was great but I was quite fucked.

I had to leave because I was too fucked to even stand in the crowd. the uneven ground was really getting to me. He opened with this unbelievably deep minimal track which i'd like to own

Also the crowd was full of very fucked scousers - nice and all but a little alarming

10 hours ago, Matt42 said:

that run of pearson sound to cab drivers to steffi & virginia in bloc 9 changed my life

Pearson Sound took me to another dimension, totally not on this world or this realm. Beyond anything I can think of... perfect set to trip to

I was not expecting that was so ever from Cab Drivers either, it was absolutely banging 

2 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

So in summary we now have a beefed up temple, better sound at wow and genosys, much better free flowing movement around the SE corner and a better distribution of late night action across the site - almosy everything we were all wanting! Vintage year for us?

Would have been a vintage year had the line up on Sunday night not been absolutely shite. Jamie XX and Masters at Work the two highlights were both inaccessible 

My weekend kind of fell apart, mainly due to my own lack of planning but partly due to the busy crowds. I wanted to see Phoenix and Metronomy, so getting from JP to Shangri La proved to be impossible. Was pretty gutted. 

Boys Noize on Arcadia were sweet although ended a bit abruptly. Call Super b2b Job Jobse were alright.

yeah sunday was shit

Saturday was life changing and mind bending though so I guess that's all that matters. Bloc 9 took my brain through space and back so thats all that matters

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I was not expecting that was so ever from Cab Drivers either, it was absolutely banging 

they are v v sick, I expected them to be good but they still surprised. I'm a massive fan of minimal techno so it was right up my street. I remember this being dropped and i felt like I was being carried

Can we all post some tracks we heard over the weekend? I'm making a playlist on youtube to help me through these times of normality. 

49 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Would have been a vintage year had the line up on Sunday night not been absolutely shite. Jamie XX and Masters at Work the two highlights were both inaccessible 

Agreed. We ended up in Love Bullets which was ok but then wandered about for a couple of hours in search of good music before giving up. So many clashes the other nights too. 

5 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

This is also a tune from probably an upcoming Daphni Fabric mix, that Four Tet/Daphni and now Jackmaster slamming it in to start his set in BBC Introducing. I lost my mind, i can't wait for it to be released  

Yes!! Thanks for this, i remember him playing it at both wow and bbc intro, wonder what or who it could be??

it just sounds like a really good edit of an old funk tune! 

Edited by Memory Man

1 minute ago, Memory Man said:

Yes!! Thanks for this, i remember him playing it at both wow and bbc intro, wonder what or who it could be??

Haven't got a clue, Four Tet first played it on that radio show, then Jamie XX in the boiler room from iceland, then Hunee/Daphni at Sonar. It is an absolute belter, it's been on identification of music a few times and generally an upcoming Daphni mix sees to be the answer