Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Eats Everything is playing in LBHQ at that time though. I was gong to say maybe they're going b2b, but I'd imagine the BBC would actually advertise some sort of Eats Everything involvement if it was, rather than just call it a Jackmaster EM.

isn't this his 4th time being on there at this stage? had his own one a few years ago, one introducing Jasper and a few more, one b2b with Pete Tong (in Ibiza?), possibly another live from somewhere?

13 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Fucking hell is that it? MAW really is gonna be a tough one to get in to after Justice I'd imagine...

http://glastonburystewards.co.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Block9-Venue-Info.pdf

Not sure where I found this but apparently the whole NYCD holds 1246, with the main room holding 540.

4 minutes ago, Browner's Right said:

http://glastonburystewards.co.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Block9-Venue-Info.pdf

Not sure where I found this but apparently the whole NYCD holds 1246, with the main room holding 540.

Jesus. Gonna be chaos. How many of those spaces are taken up by crew/staff/people with a back door entrance as well!

2 hours ago, OffshoreToon said:

Hmm. It might not be feasible to get into The Meat Rack for Paranoid London on Saturday (3am) then. Although, you could queue for NYC Downlow and still hear Genosys, couldn't you? It wouldn't be the ideal way to enjoy Heidi, but its something. How long does the queue for NYC Downlow take around 2am? 

Yeah you can still hear Genosys. It won't be like being in amongst the crowd for it but you'll hear it. The queue around when The Black Madonna was playing last year, so more like 3, wasn't moving very quickly. I didn't even bother to join it 

3 hours ago, OffshoreToon said:

Hmm. It might not be feasible to get into The Meat Rack for Paranoid London on Saturday (3am) then. Although, you could queue for NYC Downlow and still hear Genosys, couldn't you? It wouldn't be the ideal way to enjoy Heidi, but its something. How long does the queue for NYC Downlow take around 2am? 

Hmmmm...

I'm not sure how confident I was, but now I'm guessing I either sacrifice Heidi for Paranoid London or sack the latter off, which would be a real wrench as I'm really keen to see them. Argh! What to do?

And the NYC is more of a 'targeted' venue, isn't it? That is, people waiting to get in are doing so with proper purpose, rather than just touristing. IIRC there's only one door into the combined NYC/Meat Rack, so we'd be in line with those looking to see Harry Romero and James Hillard too, I guess?

Right - those with experience of the Downlow at 0300h on Saturday nights:

If I run over to the queue from Heidi, maybe 5-10 minutes before she finishes, realistically what time am I getting into the Meat Rack? I realise there are many influencing variables, but am I getting in there in time to actually see Paranoid London?

Ben

8 minutes ago, willsnewman said:

Excitement levels hitting an all time high with roadtrip playlist creating. I actually have an electronic/dance crew this year! My three brothers, two pals who come to all music with me and my girlfriend. SO KEEN. Normally it's just a couple of us up for it.

Remind me what's on your schedule, will

Ben

24 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Remind me what's on your schedule, will

Ben

TOO MUCH!

Well, here's my clashfinder. But in terms of later night time adventures it looks a little like this:

Thursday:

Beat Hotel from about 8 until 3. Ha! Hunee>Matias Aguayo>Young Marco>Palms Trax. Although there are options for escaping.

Friday:

Little empty on this one actually. Looks like Hessle Audio/DJ Tennis Moscoman>Blawan (mayhaps)>Dan Shake

Saturday:

Looking forward to this one... Joe Goddard>Jon Hopkins (for a bit) >Fort Romeau Jennifer Cardini > Daniel Avery then probably over to block 9. Sad to be missing Midland...

Sunday:

Justice>Hercules&Love Affair>Kevin Saunderson/MAW>Felix Dickinson if block 9 doesn't work out may skip on over to Jamie and pals.

Anywhere you think I should be let me know... 

8 minutes ago, willsnewman said:

TOO MUCH!

Well, here's my clashfinder. But in terms of later night time adventures it looks a little like this:

Thursday:

Beat Hotel from about 8 until 3. Ha! Hunee>Matias Aguayo>Young Marco>Palms Trax. Although there are options for escaping.

Friday:

Little empty on this one actually. Looks like Hessle Audio/DJ Tennis Moscoman>Blawan (mayhaps)>Dan Shake

Saturday:

Looking forward to this one... Joe Goddard>Jon Hopkins (for a bit) >Fort Romeau Jennifer Cardini > Daniel Avery then probably over to block 9. Sad to be missing Midland...

Sunday:

Justice>Hercules&Love Affair>Kevin Saunderson/MAW>Felix Dickinson if block 9 doesn't work out may skip on over to Jamie and pals.

Anywhere you think I should be let me know... 

Nice looking Saturday 

my current thoughts are:

Thurs: vynehall b2b moxie, young marco & Palms trax. Gonna give hunee beat hotel a miss as it will be absolutely silly. Would like to see harvey sutherland & bermuda but wow is usually a bit of a write off on thurs and I might be in the wrong part of the site at that time.

Fri: after radiohead I don't expect a quick escape so Hessle Audio whilst the crowds thin out. Maybe a bit of Blawan then James Welsh (Kamera) and Radioactive Man on Ben's recommendation.

Sat: The big one as i don't have a headliner. Midland downlow early, then i could do any of or a combination of Pooley, moxie, Pearson sound, paranoid london, steffi & virginia

Sunday: Artwork at lovebullets would be nice, then genosys, fancy seeing hercules and trying to get into masters at work 

I have now compiled what I think will (give or take a few acts) be my schedule for the festival, I will no doubt miss most of the earlier acts once the festival is in full swing but I'm hoping to stick loosely to the below (Wednesday and Thursday are also slightly mapped out, but will just go with the crowd on those days):-

Friday - Hacienda > Hot 8 Brass Band > Arts House > First Aid Kit > Shame > Angel Olsen > The xx > Radiohead > Popof > Blawan > Loofah > Youngsta/Radioactive Man

Saturday - Bootleg Beatles > Maggie Rogers > LUCY > R&S Records > Thundercats/The Big Moon > BADBADNOTGOOD/RTJ > Paranoid London > The Avalanches > Solange > Joe Goddard > Jon Hopkins > Feel My Bicep > Flamingods > Pearson Sound > Steffi & Virginia

Sunday - October Drift > House Gospel Choir > Lobster Boy Takeover > All We Are > Julia Jacklin > Shaggy/Forest Swords > Sampha > Moderat > Justice > Hercules & Love Affair > Kevin Sanderson 

5 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Hmmmm...

I'm not sure how confident I was, but now I'm guessing I either sacrifice Heidi for Paranoid London or sack the latter off, which would be a real wrench as I'm really keen to see them. Argh! What to do?

And the NYC is more of a 'targeted' venue, isn't it? That is, people waiting to get in are doing so with proper purpose, rather than just touristing. IIRC there's only one door into the combined NYC/Meat Rack, so we'd be in line with those looking to see Harry Romero and James Hillard too, I guess?

Right - those with experience of the Downlow at 0300h on Saturday nights:

If I run over to the queue from Heidi, maybe 5-10 minutes before she finishes, realistically what time am I getting into the Meat Rack? I realise there are many influencing variables, but am I getting in there in time to actually see Paranoid London?

Ben

I'd rather see Paranoid London, but I'd also rather not spend a significant portion of my night queuing when there is so much else on. I'm already seeing Paranoid London in the day over other artists, so perhaps I should let go. I do really want to get into NYC Downlow at some point, though, having given up a couple of times in previous years. Its probably a good idea to head there on Wednesday/Thursday and get a moustache.

At the moment this is my plan (there are quite a few sacrifices I'm making in order to get people on side for my essentials):

Thursday: Logan D B2B Majistrate (20:00-22:00) and Noisia (22:00-23:00) at The Temple, Skream B2B Special Guest (23:30-01:30) at Lovebullets, Seth Troxler (01:30-03:00) at The Blues, Wonkavision (03:30-06:00) at Clash stage.

Alternatives: Nicky Blackmarket, Hunee, Call Super, Skream, Fabio and Grooverider and John Digweed. 

Friday: Popof (00:30-01:20) at The Temple, Blawan (01:30-03:00) at Genosys, Ivy Lab (03:10-04:00) at Rumshack, Youngsta (04:30-06:00) at London Underground.

Alternatives: Partok, Bicep, Henrik Schwarz, Mumdance, Hessle Audio, Artwork, Ste Roberts & Tom Demac, Dan Beaumont, Hodge, Sasha, Loefah, Shed, Radioactive Man, Norman Nodge, Shadow Child.

Saturday: Sasha & John Digweed (21:25-22:40) at Glade, Critical Sound: Kasra x Ivy Lab x Sam Binga (23:00-01:00) at Clash stage, Heidi (01:30-02:30) at Genosys, Paranoid London (03:00-04:30) at The Meat Rack, Ulterior Motive Presents: Icicle x Sceptical x Ulterior Motive x Sp:MC (04:40-06:00) at Clash Stage.

Alternatives: Jon Hopkins, Dimension, Friction, Pearson Sound, Hype & Hazard, Steffi & Virginia.

Sunday: Break ft. Kyo (00:00-01:00) at The Cave, My Nu Leng & Dread MC (01:00-03:00) at Rumshack.

Alternatives: Holy Goof, Nicky Blackmarket, Kevin Saunderson, Masters at Work.

Friday is incredibly stacked. The first few alternatives are acts I could catch if I sack off the main headliners, which is very possible. Partok and Mumdance would probably be my choices. Sunday is a tad bleak, sadly. I've tried to vary my nights to keep things fresh, so different venues and genres.

Edited by OffshoreToon

7 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

it doesnt look as big as WOW, so its not really that big and Elrow will still be a complete write off 

Really I definitely think that looks as big as WOW. The only thing making me that pic light be deceptive is on the big site map it only looks sizes with Spaceport