Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

On 02/06/2017 at 6:55 PM, Madyaker said:

@joemason96 after the main stages finish up a lot of people head to the south east corner so it fills up pretty quickly and they close off access until it clears out a bit, which last year was around 2am. Also within the south east corner there can be queues for venues if it's very busy in there.

I had problems getting into the SE corner after The Glade closed at 3 on saturday last year (they weren't letting anyone in at all), but hopefully with other venues being open late it won't be such an issue this year.

45 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Question: If I want to get to Sasha in the unfairground at 1am Friday night, what time do I need to leave Radiohead? Or will I be ok at the end of their set? Does it get 1 in 1 out at Bez's place? Any advice much appreciated. Thanks 

The Flying Bus is an open air venue, so no 'door', IIRC from last year. So getting 'in' isn't much of an issue, but I'd assume it will be RAMMED for Sasha, especially that early in the night. In terms of getting there, it'a really difficult to say as we don't know the effect of all the other 'new' late night venues on traffic to the SEDC, both immediately post-headliners and in general.

I want to make sure I get into the Temple for an artist at 0030h, so I've pretty much decided to leave RH no later than 2330h, hoping that the closing singalong is Karma Police, which I got to do at The Roundhouse last year!

Ben

27 minutes ago, Alimy said:

Random question from a lurker on this chat.. Is there any interest in a meetup for the dance/techno fans or is the efestival meetup for that kind of thing?

If you mean a 'bar' type general meet-up, then I doubt it as I think we all have pretty busy schedules.

Except @Untz.

For whom schedules are, essentially, pointless.

Not sure who from here will be at the eFests meet.

I will.

I'm also very happy to meet up with anyone from here at sets, if people are looking for dance partners who give a shit.

:)

Ben

11 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I will.

I'm also very happy to meet up with anyone from here at sets, if people are looking for dance partners who give a shit.

Ben

Happy to meet at sets as there is a lot of Genosys on my after-hours Clashfinder. Do you have a boogie location of choice? Down the front, I expect.

15 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Oh Ben, you'll be so proud of me. Not only did I remember to take along my busy, highly colour co-ordinated clashfinder to Field Day and see everyone on my must see list, but I also squeezed in a few maybes and had time to chat bollocks to strangers. 

I mean, it isn't going to happen at Glastonbury, but y'know...

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

If you mean a 'bar' type general meet-up, then I doubt it as I think we all have pretty busy schedules.

Except @Untz.

I will.

Ben

I mean at sets rather than bars, but thinking about it I can imagine those are pretty difficult to orchestrate!

1 hour ago, Fishman said:

Happy to meet at sets as there is a lot of Genosys on my after-hours Clashfinder. Do you have a boogie location of choice? Down the front, I expect.

I will be at Genosys too and in the Temple and surrounding areas once the main acts are done with. Although I only got into the SE corner once last year due to mud and everywhere being full. 

2 hours ago, Fishman said:

Not right down the front of Genosys - I always go dead centre stage regardless of where I am, so I bisect the speakers! At Genosys back a bit from the front means the projections on the buildings (which can be beautifully mind-melting!) look best. 

I'll give a description and t shirt list nearer the time for anyone even vaguely interested in meeting up!

2 hours ago, Untz said:

Oh Ben, you'll be so proud of me. Not only did I remember to take along my busy, highly colour co-ordinated clashfinder to Field Day and see everyone on my must see list, but I also squeezed in a few maybes and had time to chat bollocks to strangers. 

I mean, it isn't going to happen at Glastonbury, but y'know...

Good Boy! Did you see Nina? Was she brilliant?

39 minutes ago, Alimy said:

I mean at sets rather than bars, but thinking about it I can imagine those are pretty difficult to orchestrate!

I will be at Genosys too and in the Temple and surrounding areas once the main acts are done with. Although I only got into the SE corner once last year due to mud and everywhere being full. 

Excellent - in that case, yes! I reckon we can find a way to ID each other an once done once, we should be fine thereafter**

Ben

**this may not apply to @Untz at Glastonbury

5 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Did any of those at field day watch Moodymann then? @Winslow Leach @OBface I think this is at you two 

Just seen an article saying he played Sex on Fire by KOL which is the biggest LOL I've ever seen 

Ha yes I saw that on Twitter! I wasn't there and think I saw that Winslow went to Nicholas Jaar in the end - probably for the best :) 

That Aphex Twin set though...

2 minutes ago, OBface said:

Ha yes I saw that on Twitter! I wasn't there and think I saw that Winslow went to Nicholas Jaar in the end - probably for the best :) 

That Aphex Twin set though...

Good news all round then! 

Saw Aphex at Primavera, whilst a lot of it isn't something I'd usually go searching for, it really is pretty mind altering stuff when you're there. He's a remarkable man 

11 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Did any of those at field day watch Moodymann then? @Winslow Leach @OBface I think this is at you two 

Just seen an article saying he played Sex on Fire by KOL which is the biggest LOL I've ever seen 

I did not, sadly. Although the last ten minutes of Nicolas Jaar surpassed the time I saw Four Tet play his Opus remix as the best build and drop I've ever seen live.

42 minutes ago, Grinding aftertaste said:

Looks like we may have lost Factory Floor from the lineup, their Glade slot now reads TBA.

That would be bloody awful. 

They're my only must see on the Saturday and was really looking forward to it.