Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

i'm hoping we get Pearson Sound doing the 4:00 - 6:00 slot at the London Underground on Saturday because he will almost certainty wack out the techno for that!

I just wanna see some sick DJs from 4am - 6am lol. I hope Blawan is put on late as fuck and not super early.

Block 9 has really gone all out there this year, seems like it's the dance area thats really thought about its lineup well.

I've also never seen an act in the London Underground and it looks sick so i'm hoping Blawan, Pearson Sound, Steffi & Virginia are all placed there. Seems like a perfectly sweaty industrial venue.

@bennyhana22

@Matt42 Well...

We know that Steffi & Virginia and Blawan are definitely on Genosys as the Block 9 announcement confirmed that. Maybe they'll get more than one set. If Patrick T is playing almosy every stage, hopefully these geniuses will get more than a single one!

Pearson Sound venue unknown, but yes, would be good in the LU. It's dark and dingy and dirty, so some pounding techno in there would be ace. It does tend to be the playground of the UKG/Dubstep lot, but fingers crossed. 

Absolutely agree about the 0400-0600h slots - they are, without question, the three times of Glastonbury I'm most looking forward to and I want to KNOW that I've got phenomenal sets set up for all three of them.

You likely to head for the Jon Hopkins Spider set? What if it's the 9.30pm sunset on Saturday? That could be amazing if the weather's good and the crowd are there because they really want to be there...

:)

Ben

Hi.  Now the thing is I'd really like to do more dancing this year at Glastonbury.  However, I am seriously out of touch (and old), and only recognise a few names on the posters (Sasha, Digweed, Fabio, Grooverider etc all of whom I saw back in the day).

Soooooooo  would any of the resident experts on this lovely thread fancy having a go at putting the DJ's into genres for me?  I know it's a big ask and not an easy task but there do seem to be people on this forum who like doing lists ;).  

50 minutes ago, sabre-toothed tart said:

Hi.  Now the thing is I'd really like to do more dancing this year at Glastonbury.  However, I am seriously out of touch (and old), and only recognise a few names on the posters (Sasha, Digweed, Fabio, Grooverider etc all of whom I saw back in the day).

Soooooooo  would any of the resident experts on this lovely thread fancy having a go at putting the DJ's into genres for me?  I know it's a big ask and not an easy task but there do seem to be people on this forum who like doing lists ;).  

What about telling us what genres you like the most and then people might give you recs from each of those?

And welcome to the thread!

Ben

Guys what is the best way to research some of the many dance acts available? I obvs use Spotify for bands etc, but it never really seems to be representative of DJs. 

So is SoundCloud best for this? Or YouTube? Or something else? 

Thanks 

Just now, nikkic said:

Guys what is the best way to research some of the many dance acts available? I obvs use Spotify for bands etc, but it never really seems to be representative of DJs. 

So is SoundCloud best for this? Or YouTube? Or something else? 

Thanks 

Youtube has lots of sets for many of the better known DJs, so that's a good start.

Mixcloud is also good for DJ sets

Soundcloud is OK too, but often has single tracks by the DJ (as a 'producer') rather than a 1h, 1h30m set etc. that is a better representation of the type of stuff they play.

With the number of DJs announced, using those resources could have you listening to sets the entire time between now and the festival!

Ben

33 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Youtube has lots of sets for many of the better known DJs, so that's a good start.

Soundcloud is OK too, but often has single tracks by the DJ (as a 'producer') rather than a 1h, 1h30m set etc. that is a better representation of the type of stuff they play.

With the number of DJs announced, using those resources could have you listening to sets the entire time between now and the festival!

Ben

Thanks man. Yeah that's what I'd found with a SoundCloud, not great for some artists in terms of sets. 

Luckily I work in a gym and we're always struggling to find decent mixes to put on, so I'll just plough through some of the names here and hopefully find some winners! In theory I have 50 odd work hours per week to do my research! 

54 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

What about telling us what genres you like the most and then people might give you recs from each of those?

And welcome to the thread!

Ben

Well thank you!  I'll start by stating this is an unashamed mid life desire to relive a part of my youth at Glastonbury, free of any and all responsibilities for a few days ;)

So back in the day when I used to go clubbing in the early / mid 90's it was house all the way.  Mostly happy, uplifting house, but I'm open to suggestions.  I saw Ralph Lawson in the Spaceport last year and that was ace.

Ta

xx

26 minutes ago, sabre-toothed tart said:

Well thank you!  I'll start by stating this is an unashamed mid life desire to relive a part of my youth at Glastonbury, free of any and all responsibilities for a few days ;)

So back in the day when I used to go clubbing in the early / mid 90's it was house all the way.  Mostly happy, uplifting house, but I'm open to suggestions.  I saw Ralph Lawson in the Spaceport last year and that was ace.

Ta

xx

Block 9, particularly NYC Downlow will have a lot of acts the may be right up your street then.

Masters at Work, would be a good start

Edited by merago
Typo

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Thanks man. Yeah that's what I'd found with a SoundCloud, not great for some artists in terms of sets. 

Luckily I work in a gym and we're always struggling to find decent mixes to put on, so I'll just plough through some of the names here and hopefully find some winners! In theory I have 50 odd work hours per week to do my research! 

SoundCloud does have quite a few radio one essential mixes on it so if you search on that you can find some good sets for the bigger djs along with quite a few festival and club sets. If you have an android phone there are a few apps that allow you to download stuff from SoundCloud to save on your device. 

39 minutes ago, Grinding aftertaste said:

From consulting last year's Clashfinder, looks like there will probably be a clash between Factory Floor -> Paranoid London at the Glade and Badbadnotgood at West Holts, Jesus Fucking Christ!!!!

Say it ain't so. Badbadnotgood it would have to be for me.

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Mixcloud +1

23 minutes ago, Nduja said:

Talabot on the Beat Hotel please. Missed him last year cos of an app malfunction. Set disappeared, assumed it had been canned :sorry:

Think someone on here had spoken to Talabot and had confirmed he wasn't going to be on the farm this year, which is a great shame. 

15 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

YouTube being unsupported on Sonos is a bit of a nightmare in this regard