Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 minute ago, Memory Man said:

I def think Paranoid London and Factory Floor could be massive highlights on the Glade and obviously tick your boxes!

I aim to be in the thick of it for both! Hopefully more Squelchy from the sound system than underfoot!! :lol:

They definitely do, MM. Spaceport as a venue is getting a bit of a kicking on the Glade Announces thread, but I like it and PL were just mega in there last year.

I hope their Glade slot is late and rammed (but danceably rammed).

Ben

Just now, bennyhana22 said:

You come in here....with your indie guitar music....bold as brass...

:)

I'll find danceable tunes, FF? I've already told you that at least one night you're with me...

Ben
x

I know ;-) wings of steel me - no shame ;-)

I'll be there Ben - counting down the days x

I'm getting very chipper about it all this year, the attempt to spread out the late night crowds is a really strong idea and hopefully make things better for everyone. Plus every area seems to be announcing a "best ever" or thereabouts line up B)

I reckon when the common drops this thread is gonna boot off!

4 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

I think a combination of Awakenings being that weekend (amongst other Techno-centric events) and the poor fees that Glastonbury pays, is what leads to a relative shortage of techno heavyweights.

You're not helping, Matthew...

;)

Ben

I noticed, unlike John Digweed, Sasha has not been listed anywhere else. He will definitely play somewhere else, last time he did a secret set at the rabbit hole.

I'd love a sunset set like his Kumharas ibiza sets. Any ideas? 

Edited by danbailey80

12 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

@Tuna

:ph34r:

Nah, he's got a point, Mez.

I was being a whinging arse - I'm going to rave for 5 days in Glastonbury, for goodness' sake.

In other news, I'm very excited about seeing Steffi - never seen her before. I get the feeling that when she's with Virginia the set is a bit...softer. That fair? Steffi alone seems tremendous!

Ben

6 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Nah, he's got a point, Mez.

I was being a whinging arse - I'm going to rave for 5 days in Glastonbury, for goodness' sake.

In other news, I'm very excited about seeing Steffi - never seen her before. I get the feeling that when she's with Virginia the set is a bit...softer. That fair? Steffi alone seems tremendous!

Ben

I've seen her play bare techno 

last hour of her set was about as berghain as it gets

7 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Team...

I need a couple of you to cheer me up. I need a couple of you to reassure me that, across the site so far, we have enough stuff to make sure that I have a fantastic night on Fri/Sat/Sun.

need to be dancing from midnight to 6-7am for each of those nights. I need to. It's what keeps me going, makes me happy and provides my spiritual recharging. I struggle with cheesy, populist tech-house, as you know. I really don't do disco. Not everything that floats my boat has to be 'difficult', minimalist, elitist techno. But it pretty much has to be techno (I enjoy a bit of tech-jungle too...).

So far, all the announcements seem to be dripping with artists who will be spinning stuff that your casual clubber will cheer to, every time there's a horrendous 8-bar snare fill and big drop. 

Will someone, please just metaphorically give me a hug and tell me it's all going to be alright? With each area drop I am crossing off the list and telling myself to wait for the next. As I see it, I've only really got The Common and the Spider to go, and the Friday 'techno' night at Arcadia is already looking like tech-house cheese. I like The Beat Hotel, but it's finished at 2.30-3am and that IS NOT ENOUGH!!!

At this rate the consumables are looking like being 'needed' rather than for other reasons!

Come on, guys. Help me here...

:(

Ben

Do you believe in the magic of the farm?

no, I know you believe in the magic ...my village fete will not let you down. I know it, ....you , deep down know it....the 5 days of summer will be yours and will fill your heart with joy and repair your soul. Believe in the farm :scenic:

13 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Do you believe in the magic of the farm?

no, I know you believe in the magic ...my village fete will not let you down. I know it, ....you , deep down know it....the 5 days of summer will be yours and will fill your heart with joy and repair your soul. Believe in the farm :scenic:

As you rightly say, lovely girl, I do indeed believe in the magic of the Farm and know in my heart that this year will be absolutely incredible. Notwithstanding the Eavii's fondness of hyperbole, I really do feel that this year's festival is ramping up to be absurdly good!

And you should spend more time in this thread. We're the beautiful people in here...and you know that your raving soul belongs here...

:)

Ben

2 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

This could be very very interesting. Considering his mastermix stage at Parklife/Riverside Glasgow includes the likes of Moodymann, DJ Koze, Hunee, The Black Madonna, Mr G, Jasper James to name a few 

That's got Temple written all over it, surely?

Ben

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I was thinking The Beat Hotel, they've done quite a few nights where a label/artist has hosted 

Maybe. I just thought that if he's got a whole host of biggish names that they might want to showcase it in the newly expanded Temple capacity.

Wherever and whatever, I've definitely got my mojo back after today's foolish fretting - and Steffi has done the job!

Ben

6 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

This could be very very interesting. Considering his mastermix stage at Parklife/Riverside Glasgow includes the likes of Moodymann, DJ Koze, Hunee, The Black Madonna, Mr G, Jasper James to name a few 

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

That's got Temple written all over it, surely?

Ben

On Sunday let's hope.