Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

8 minutes ago, Untz said:

But I'll be having fun elsewhere so I won't be missing out too much. Might even be having more fun than I would have been. Your military style planning would kill me. 

Oh, you won't be missing out at all!

My model is a bloody affliction...

...albeit one resulting in a hugely fun time!

Ben

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

I've mentioned this before, but realise that not everyone is so keen on meet ups as people worry about wasting their precious festival time lumped with nerdy internet losers.

All I can say is that I'm fucking cool, fucking fun to be with and can pick up a hint to piss off from miles away! So I'm absolutely up for this. As I've said before, I camp with a really nice bunch, pretty much none of whom are dance-heads like me, so having at least one or two people to have fun with would be ace.

Easy either way, but very happy to sort something as we get closer to June...

:)

I will prove to you that off beat open high hats are far better than triplets.

5 minutes ago, kpins said:

Faithless and Chems defo don't count as they are 'live' sets, I meant someone playing other people's tunes. Oakenfold would fit this mould. I just wondered if it work on the bigger stages. 

Can't see a DJ set on a main stage happening again anytime soon TBH. Plenty of other places on site for precisely this.

1 hour ago, OBface said:

I was over watching RTJ>Caribou>Hot Chip when he played. Was it not his own stuff?

That was a great few hours at West Holts, wasn't it...?

Then James Blake last year was amazing. 

Really hoping to bag a hat-trick of WH headliners with something special this year. 

Do we think we have all three on the poster? Kind of hope not...

Ben

Just now, bennyhana22 said:

That was a great few hours at West Holts, wasn't it...?

Then James Blake last year was amazing. 

Really hoping to bag a hat-trick of WH headliners with something special this year. 

Do we think we have all three on the poster? Kind of hope not...

Ben

I was on my lonesone but even so was the best run of music I've ever experienced at a festival. Everything just came together that night :) Agreed James Blake also was amazing last year.

Struggling to pick 3 headliners on the poster... Hoping for a nice surprise further down the line!

Speaking of Field Day, the RA stage announced their lineup today. Only people we already know there, but it's still incredible to see on paper. I'm getting seriously scared about the clashes, though I'm comforted by them confirming on Twitter before that Aphex and FlyLo won't clash.

Just now, CHRLY said:

Speaking of Field Day, the RA stage announced their lineup today. Only people we already know there, but it's still incredible to see on paper. I'm getting seriously scared about the clashes, though I'm comforted by them confirming on Twitter before that Aphex and FlyLo won't clash.

Just read that email. I've used up all my festival days away for June/July for Glastonbury so can't get to Field Day,  Lovebox, Junction 2 etc. Always slightly gutting.

So the line up is pretty good, however not as many wow names for me as previous years, LCD stole that for the next few I think. Super keen for RTJ, The xx, Thundercat, Joe Goddard, Sasha, DJ Shadow, (Bonobo), Chic (again, don't see it topping last time though) and will probably go to Loyle Carner after catching 2 of his songs on Saturday, and a couple more I'll drift through.

But that just leaves so much more room for exploring the beats.

Hoping for but maybe asking too much for some...

Daniel Avery (not on arcadia please...), Hercules & Love Affair, Factory Floor, Nicolas Jaar (Exclusive at Field Day..? :( ), Talaboman, Black Madonna, Auntie Flo (just throws such a good party regularly here in Glasgow town), Daphni, Four Tet, Lindstrom, Omar Souleyman, Clap! Clap!, Aphex, Henrik Schwarz and so so so many more... May get none!

Edited by willsnewman