Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Also weird thing to suggest but Bicep have been doing nothing but increasing in size since 2013

Reckon we've got another Chemical Brothers emerging? They have an album and a live show coming into the scene now

Naaaaaah. Not a chance in hell 

I don't think they'll be anywhere other than their usual late night slots in the far reach corners of the festival 

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Naaaaaah. Not a chance in hell 

I don't think they'll be anywhere other than their usual late night slots in the far reach corners of the festival 

I'm not so sure...Definitely not Chemical Brothers size but I can see them near the top of the Glade with their live show. Trouble is, most acts would be booked by now, and will be placed according to their current audience size/ appeal. So I can see them playing somewhere and it being absolutely rammed if they continue to rise in appeal.

On 3/16/2017 at 11:43 AM, Memory Man said:

Sweet, maybe i can say hello at the next!

We should man! Or even at a Slop

On 3/16/2017 at 7:51 PM, kpins said:

Hi noticed a few Leeds lot on here. Anyone been to Church yet? Thinking of going for Derrick Carter and Francois K in April and wondered what its like (since its rebirth!) 

Not been but heard it's a bit meh. I'm also very tempted by that night, it's the after party for the Hacienda Classical that is on that same evening, so it'll be full of oldies as well as the usual young crowd. 

It's such shame their licence only allows them to stay open until half 3, especially for the sort of parties they're doing

I think they are trying to get a later licence but the council havent given them it yet.

I wonder if the 3:30am business is because thats when the old Halo was licensed until and they have just inherited it.

Funny as the council dont seem to mind places like Wire cracking on until gone 6am and after, even canal mills the city's biggest club opens until 5am. They will get the license it will just take a while i guess.

Edited by Memory Man

I’ve seen Harvey Sutherland and Bermuda is doing a handful of European dates in June:

Thu, 01 Jun 2017 /

Leftfoot & Moodfix present Harvey Sutherland & Bermuda at Hare and Hounds / Midlands, United Kingdom

Thu, 08 Jun 2017 /

Gottwood Festival 2017 at Carregewlyd Estate / West + Wales, United Kingdom

Wed, 28 Jun 2017 /

Love International Festival 2017 at The Garden Tisno / Croatia

Hopefully he can go from Love International back to the U.K. I’ve seen him in Australia a couple of times, plays it all live on a synth with a drummer and violinist, it’s pretty cool.

Edited by nickharley

15 hours ago, Cieran said:

Not been but heard it's a bit meh. I'm also very tempted by that night, it's the after party for the Hacienda Classical that is on that same evening, so it'll be full of oldies as well as the usual young crowd.

That'll be me then! 

10 hours ago, nickharley said:

I’ve seen Harvey Sutherland and Bermuda is doing a handful of European dates in June:

Thu, 01 Jun 2017 /

Leftfoot & Moodfix present Harvey Sutherland & Bermuda at Hare and Hounds / Midlands, United Kingdom

Thu, 08 Jun 2017 /

Gottwood Festival 2017 at Carregewlyd Estate / West + Wales, United Kingdom

Wed, 28 Jun 2017 /

Love International Festival 2017 at The Garden Tisno / Croatia

Hopefully he can go from Love International back to the U.K. I’ve seen him in Australia a couple of times, plays it all live on a synth with a drummer and violinist, it’s pretty cool.

This would ace!! Where would they best be placed?

15 hours ago, Memory Man said:

I think they are trying to get a later licence but the council havent given them it yet.

I wonder if the 3:30am business is because thats when the old Halo was licensed until and they have just inherited it.

Funny as the council dont seem to mind places like Wire cracking on until gone 6am and after, even canal mills the city's biggest club opens until 5am. They will get the license it will just take a while i guess.

I think it's down to the location really. Do you remember what time Halo was actually open until? 

2 hours ago, Cieran said:

I think it's down to the location really. Do you remember what time Halo was actually open until? 

Nah i don't recall, 3am would be plausible wouldn't it for a cheesy/shit club

Not sure why that location is any more or less bad for late finishes than anywhere else, its still basically the city centre. People live in and around Uni but many live in city centre flats.

19 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

I'm not so sure...Definitely not Chemical Brothers size but I can see them near the top of the Glade with their live show. Trouble is, most acts would be booked by now, and will be placed according to their current audience size/ appeal. So I can see them playing somewhere and it being absolutely rammed if they continue to rise in appeal.

I've seen them a few times at festivals and other than at G in 2015 this has always been the case. Bestival last year was a joke, couldnt get within 100m of Bollywood tent and they were playing last on the Sunday (admittedly after Black Madonna & Heidi)

On 09/03/2017 at 6:25 PM, naughtygeorgie said:

I can go hard for 4 days ah feck it what's the worst that can happen!

Speaking from experience, epilepsy.

2 hours ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Shit, that's bad, sorry that happened to you...my flippant remark was just that, a flippant remark.  Is the epilepsy now a regular occurrence and/or do you manage to control it?

Haha I didn't mean that as a 'watch what you say' type comment, was just joking around. To be honest I wouldn't change much of what I have done to get to this point. Just means that I have had to retire from the good stuff - they don't mix well with the medication I now take.

But yeah, it only began at the start of last year (New years 2015/16 was the straw that broke the camels back), but its all well controlled now - haven't had any problems since when i first got the tablets for it - and its not photosensitive epilepsy or anything like that so I can still go out and enjoy a good night, just don't quite get to the levels of the past and it hits me harder nowadays.

If anything this whole episode has taught me a lot with how to approach festival going and 'going hard' - everyone has a seizure threshold, it just so happened mine was lower than some and thus a mixture of illness, tiredness, diet and 'enhancements' pushed me over the tipping point - the brain is such a powerful and complex thing that making sure it has all the necessary nurishments to function is the key.

1 hour ago, naughtygeorgie said:

No worries,  I didn't take it personally, but that's pretty serious so I thought it warranted a response. 

Glad for you that's it's not the photosensitive type, that could put the kybosh on many festival performances, Shangri-la and the strobes would have to be experienced with a blindfold on :P

Happy, healthy festivalling to you :)

Actually, you'd just need to close one eye...photosensitive epilepsy usually requires binocular vision to be triggered!

Of course, you might get a smack in the mouth from an over-Charlied youth who thinks you're repeatedly winking at him...

Ben

First Downlow confirmation... things are getting exciting now :) 

Notice he's on in the Meat Rack, only the haziest of memories of there from last year. In fact the only things I remember with clarity are them running out of water on the Sunday and queuing for the portaloo for almost an hour despite being there 3 nights out of the four. Still my favourite place on site.