Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

15 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

That rather depends on whether or not they use the whole fist, Wofster.

Did you ask to see any formal certification of medical qualification...?

:D

Ben

He said he was a doctor. I was at the pub and we got chatting. I accepted his kind offer to ensure my prostate was death-free and we went to the car park out the back and he examined me over the bonnet of his Cortina. 

All perfectly N.I.C.E and above board. 

• Upvote 1

I now know what Ben looks like, and I can confirm he appears as happy and smiley as I hoped he would and his writing portrays!

Slightly weird deviation there......in electronic news, I really really hope Mano le Tough turns up this year, and something that won't happen, but would be amazing would be a monster Laurent Garnier set.

1 minute ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

I now know what Ben looks like, and I can confirm he appears as happy and smiley as I hoped he would and his writing portrays!

Slightly weird deviation there......in electronic news, I really really hope Mano le Tough turns up this year, and something that won't happen, but would be amazing would be a monster Laurent Garnier set.

Mano Le Tough is a certainty after cancelling last year 

2 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Where you seen dat, Matt?!

:ph34r:

Ben

Oh crikey! That's probably from a Channel 4 doco from my hospital from last year...

It aired JUST before Glastonbury when the LAST thing you want is anything but a low profile. So, I'm walking across the Stone Circle on Wednesday afternoon and I hear "Dr Ben! Dr Ben!" 

Shit, I think. REALLY? I've been here two hours. I'm away from 'that' life. Really??

It was, however, one of the editors from the show who had been looking at my mug for months in the editing suite! Also, she was quite, quite gorgeous, so any initial "Oh No!" thoughts rapidly evaporated. We had a nice chat, empathising with one another about how, for this five days, we just want to leave our normal, responsible lives behind, and went our merry ways. Obviously I didn't see her again and the rest of the festival was without (unwanted) incident. 

God, that's made me homesick for the Farm now. It's a terrible thing to wish even a single day of one's life away, but I am ready to get back there!

Luckily, two weeks today I'm out to see Surgeon and Regis, so that should be full on, and a good stop-gap before the area line ups drop and I can begin to plan The Campaign®!

Ben

Hey @Mezhyp1 how was Ben and co last night? Sad I couldn't go...

Off to mr Henrik Schwarz tomorrow at le sub club, which will hopefully be wonderful.

I also reckon Lone is playing tomorrow night at Berkeley Suite. It's one of their Brain Dancing nights where you have to figure out who is playing. I'm thinking Lone...

My excitement for Glastonbury is reaaaally ramping up. I think it's going to be an exceptionally good one this year. Especially due to the fact that I have my three brothers in tow, who haven't been before.

7 minutes ago, willsnewman said:

Hey @Mezhyp1 how was Ben and co last night? Sad I couldn't go...

Off to mr Henrik Schwarz tomorrow at le sub club, which will hopefully be wonderful.

I also reckon Lone is playing tomorrow night at Berkeley Suite. It's one of their Brain Dancing nights where you have to figure out who is playing. I'm thinking Lone...

My excitement for Glastonbury is reaaaally ramping up. I think it's going to be an exceptionally good one this year. Especially due to the fact that I have my three brothers in tow, who haven't been before.

Yeh a good few mates going to Schwarz, should be a very good night 

Ben UFO himself was good, usual mind boggling combination of the weird and wonderful 

Wasn't overly impressed with Lena Willikens before it, but didn't see too much of her 

Helena Hauff on the Essential Mix last night, would love to have her somewhere like The Cave.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08fdvbt

T/L:

Obergman - Rosetta [Brokntoys]
Jenson Interceptor - Mactavis [Central Processing Unit]
Urbanjedi - Journey To Jupiter [Melodies Souterraines]
Sync 24 & Silicon Sally - Clickjacking (Vox Edit) [Cultivated Electronics]
Transparent Sound - No Call From New York (Original Acid Mix) [Electrix Records]
Fallbeil - Kontrolled Madness [Return To Disorder]
W1b0 - Utopia Planitia [Bass Agenda Recordings]
Sem - Hybrid [Electron Industries]
A Credible Eye Witness - Episode 6 [ACEW]
The Exaltics - The Crash [Solar One Music]
dynArec - Moving Corridors [New Flesh]
DMX Krew - X-Ray [Rephlex]
Drexciya - Unknown Journey IV [Clone Classic Cuts]
Drexciya - Black Sea (Aqualung Version) [Clone Aqualung Series]
dynArec - Capital Sins [Electrix Records]
The Hacker - At Night [UMF Records]
BS-1 - The Only Exit [Marguerita Recordings]
Cosmic Force - Bass Drum Kix [Marguerita Recordings]
AUX 88 - Interface [Direct Beat]
Dark Vektor - Vektorial [Omniamm]
Das Muster - Fern Und Nah  (feat. Nincho9000) [Stilleben Records]
Photodementia - Postpre [Photodementia]
Micro Controlled Corp. - Life Style [Drivecom]
DJ Di'jital - Bang [Underground Resistance]
The Martians - Eagle Dance [Red Planet]
The Horrorist - The Virus [A45 Music]
Alien FM - It's About The Bangin [Puzzlebox Records]
The Advent - Untitled [Kombination Research]
UR - Nannytown [Underground Resistance]
AS1 - Speaker Sex [Last Known Trajectory]
Paul Blackford - Fallout [Breakin' Records]
Adam Beyer - Untitled [Drumcode]
DJ Stingray - NUDGE THEORY [Bleep43 Recordings]
Urban Tribe - RNA World [Rephlex]

Gutted. I had outside hopes of a David August live set;

"Dear Friends,

After playing several different kinds of shows during the past years - with the live band, as DJ/hybrid set or with the orchestra - I feel that some time needs to pass, until a new story can be told.

As beautiful life as a musician is, touring is something that changes you and alters the perception of everything around you. It's also the constant attempt to break boundaries, while trying to reinvent yourself with every show, that leaves exhausted. 
It's time to disconnect for a while, meditate on life and music and try to find an undiscovered path in both. Only through this, will everything become exciting again - for you and for me.

Recently, I've finally managed to graduate from university. There have been moments where I actually wanted to leave school in order to fully focus on my own music, to finally have the time that every artist wishes for. But I am thankful for my beautiful family who encouraged me during every low of this period, to finish what at a certain moment was exactly what I wanted to do. It was an inspiring time that enriched my life in an irreplaceable way.  

Because of the studies and the touring periods lately, I used to think much more about music than actually writing it. 
I realized again how hard it is to create. Trying to reproduce with discipline what's in your head and being actually happy with it. My admiration goes to all the artists out there who manage this craft with lightness and continuity. 
I also realized the potential power of music and sound. Not only the social or political side of it but much rather the physical, neuronal and transcendental power of it, that in my opinion could be a strong weapon for change. In the end, it's all about frequencies, what they do to our brain and how they affect us - from the smallest particle of sound up to a sea of notes. I think it's very exciting to think about that. 

I'm working on new material at the moment and trying to develop something that is actually worth presenting, so I hope for your understanding and patience. I'll be back as soon as possible, with a new live show and new music.

In gratitude, 
David"

6 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Hi team

Just found out that the Special Guests at the event I'm going to on 10 March is Karenn

Anyone seen these guys? Have done a bit of homework and they seem bloody excellent! I love quality, live techno and these two seem right up my minimal street.

Anyone got any experience of them?

Ben

their live set up is seriously seriously impressive, i haven't seen them but i've seen pics of their set up and its massive 

Anyone recovering from a heavy one this weekend? Go anywhere good? I ended up at fabric again for bicep and ilian tape, was a fantastic night bar the crowd and me getting random searched (nothing wrong with me getting searched) was just a bit embarrassing on my behalf when I got picked out in the smoking area making me feel like I'd done something even though I hadn't 

feeling sorry for myself here :(

48 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Anyone recovering from a heavy one this weekend? Go anywhere good? I ended up at fabric again for bicep and ilian tape, was a fantastic night bar the crowd and me getting random searched (nothing wrong with me getting searched) was just a bit embarrassing on my behalf when I got picked out in the smoking area making me feel like I'd done something even though I hadn't 

I was at bicep as well, thought they were great but agree with you about the crowd. At points it was way too overcrowded and was shoulder to shoulder. Luckily it filled out a bit nearer the end! Yeah the security seems very strict now unsurprisingly 

56 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Caught Bicep and Hammer in Cardiff on Friday night. Hammer was ok, and Bicep were pretty fun as usual though not absolutely spectacular. One of their unreleased tracks they played towards the end of their set was an absolute belter however, due to be on the new album apparently. 

9 hours ago, zero000 said:

Caught Bicep and Hammer in Cardiff on Friday night. Hammer was ok, and Bicep were pretty fun as usual though not absolutely spectacular. One of their unreleased tracks they played towards the end of their set was an absolute belter however, due to be on the new album apparently. 

Yeh I saw Bicep and Job Jobse a couple of weekends ago. Jobse was great but Bicep I left feeling slightly underwhelmed, I mean it was fine, just nothing tremendous