Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

what else pees me off about parklife is that it is almost TOO all encompassing.

you have the likes of Moodymann on the same lineup as someone like Jess Glynne. I don't want Jess Glynne fans anywhere near me to be honest, certainly not scraggy northern working class Jess Glynne fans :lol:

You could cream off the top 30% of the acts and make a world class festival, dropping the other 70% in the bin where they belong.

Its the acts on the lineup that I don't like that bring the crowd element that I don't like mostly. The north deserves a great festival and this will never be it.

Edited by Memory Man
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Memory Man said:

exactly. Took me 2 or 3 visits but i will not be going back.

its basically the student farewell festival <_<

full of dreadful people who wouldnt know good music if it slapped them in the chops. which makes it all the more odd why it gets such a good lineup. Its the WHP festival isnt it..... they get them all on exclusive contracts for WHP & parklife and probably combined in some cases (most likely). chuck the albert hall shows in there as well for good measure.

Doesn't help at all that its in a pretty rough area of manchester, or at least fairly close to some rough areas. It was better at Platt Fields park.

Eh? Platt Fields is in one of the roughest areas going. Fallowfield, rusholme and moss side. Heaton Park isnt that bad to be honest. 

ideally if Glastonbury get any of; Ben UFO, Motor City Drum Ensemble, Pangaea, Joy Orbison, The Black Madonna, Helena Hauff, Mr G, Beautiful Swimmers, HAAi, Jackmaster, Move D, Peggy Gou, Marcel Dettmann, Nina Kraviz, Lena Willikens, Ricardo Villalobos, Avalon Emerson, Midland, Bicep, Craig Richards, Jeremy Underground, Kornel Kovacs, Mall Grab, Moxie, Call Super, DJ Nobu, Objekt, KiNK, Matrixxman, Pearson Sound, Jane Fitz, Artefakt, Blawan, Dr Rubenstein, Rodhad, Truncate

I've left out loads but if Glastonbury can scoop up a good deal of these i'd be happy... all seem to be about in June so it's a fingers crossed jobby

6 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Capriati is only playing awakenings on the sunday. No reason why he can't do Thursday or Friday

He's on the Sat as well on the Area X. Managed to ask him a couple months ago when I got behind the decks if he's on at glasto and he said 'I hope so!' but guessing he won't be 

7 hours ago, Tr234 said:

He's on the Sat as well on the Area X. Managed to ask him a couple months ago when I got behind the decks if he's on at glasto and he said 'I hope so!' but guessing he won't be 

If Ben Klock can play Berlin, Manchester, Birmingham and Bristol all on the same day (NYD this year), then surely Mr Capriati can find his way to Glastonbury over the Awakenings weekend...?

Ben

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

If Ben Klock can play Berlin, Manchester, Birmingham and Bristol all on the same day (NYD this year), then surely Mr Capriati can find his way to Glastonbury over the Awakenings weekend...?

Ben

The cynic in me would say Mr Klock was getting paid a fair bit of cash for his excursions on NYD ;)

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Matt42 said:

ideally if Glastonbury get any of; Ben UFO, Motor City Drum Ensemble, Pangaea, Joy Orbison, The Black Madonna, Helena Hauff, Mr G, Beautiful Swimmers, HAAi, Jackmaster, Move D, Peggy Gou, Marcel Dettmann, Nina Kraviz, Lena Willikens, Ricardo Villalobos, Avalon Emerson, Midland, Bicep, Craig Richards, Jeremy Underground, Kornel Kovacs, Mall Grab, Moxie, Call Super, DJ Nobu, Objekt, KiNK, Matrixxman, Pearson Sound, Jane Fitz, Artefakt, Blawan, Dr Rubenstein, Rodhad, Truncate

I've left out loads but if Glastonbury can scoop up a good deal of these i'd be happy... all seem to be about in June so it's a fingers crossed jobby

Where's Nobu playing June? Been in Tokyo for a few months and seen him a couple of times, brilliant of course

Nice list btw, bufo, black Madonna, joy o, jackmaster, midland all guaranteed surely