Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

56 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

BTW, at the risk of becoming boringly repetitive, I am almost consumed with obsession of Bonobo's Migration at the moment.

Stunning.

Double vinyl duly ordered.

:)

Ben

He's already confirmed for Glasto too, if you weren't already aware.  Big fan, seeing him 3 times in 16 days in Feb...  10th in London (DJ), 16th Berlin and 26th London (both live).

Can't wait to hear the new album in his love show.

19 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

I would be stood with eyes closed, bathed in a wall of noise, thoroughly disorientated.

And, if invited, I'd be stood next to you!

Do like L A N D (nom de plume of Daniel Lea)? Hi Anoxia album from 2015 is produced by Ben Frost and utterly amazing.

Ben

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Junction 2...

Junction 2

Fairly strong, but nothing surprising really. Just like the massive Hydra event it is.

I think it's a pretty weak lineup

Drumcode and Innervisions circle jerks with a few decent acts chucked in to reel in the anti-drumcode / innervisions crowd.

Daniel Avery, Daphni, DJ Koze, Jane Fitz, Praslea, Rodhad just look really out of place

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think it's a pretty weak lineup

Drumcode and Innervisions circle jerks with a few decent acts chucked in to reel in the anti-drumcode / innervisions crowd.

Daniel Avery, Daphni, DJ Koze, Jane Fitz, Praslea, Rodhad just look really out of place

Imo in terms of names it's strong, but in terms of rarity/typical non-Hydra names, yeah, it's lacking. 

I'm just hoping they put someone really good on Arcadia on the Friday night, I won't spend the rest of the weekend in search of techno, but it would be good to have cracking set on Arcadia this year. 

Could have been Daniel Avery if it wasn't so short, but it was still brilliant 

Of course, I WILL spend the rest of the weekend in search of techno and bloody well expect quite a few of you to be there with me!

I'm planning to see if anyone wants a PM mobile number swap pre-festival so that if you're at a set and no-one to dance with you could maybe tie up with someone from God's Own Thread®

Or is that a crappy idea?

Ben

12 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Of course, I WILL spend the rest of the weekend in search of techno and bloody well expect quite a few of you to be there with me!

I'm planning to see if anyone wants a PM mobile number swap pre-festival so that if you're at a set and no-one to dance with you could maybe tie up with someone from God's Own Thread®

Or is that a crappy idea?

Ben

I like that idea.  I also hope you're going to publish the BenScheduleTM in advance of the festival this year, so we can catch up.  

16 hours ago, Brock Landers said:

Do ya's reckon we'll get some head crushing techno at Glasto this year again?. Perc and Truss in the cave was a deffo highlight last year

I was at this too, it wasnt my first choice but was where i ended up but im glad i did, it was class. Wasnt just techno either they were playing kinda ravey acid type stuff too.

Edited by Memory Man