Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

17 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

To anyone else who went to motion, what an absolutely incredible party!

Helena Hauff was probably the best set of them all, closely followed by Steffi!

how good were the other parties across the UK?

Corsica Studios was brilliant. Really laid back club, felt like I could strike up a conversation with anyone and they played the Dimitri From Paris edit of I wanna be your lover by Prince when the clock struck midnight.

Turned into a bit of a sweatbox by the end though, tiny rooms! 

Edited by BlackHole2006

Rainbow Venues in Birmingham was pretty damn good, guys.

Started in the big room with some tech-house which was ok, occasionally very good (i.e. when it was more tech, than house!), Then Pippi Ciez in the small room starting off the techno proper. He was very good. I was uncertain about Alan Fitzpatrick for the first 15 minutes of his two hour set, but after half an hour he hit his stride and the rest really was excellent.

And then the Master®...

Oh. My. Goodness. It's lovely to see an artist and feel unequivocally that the hype is not hype. Ben Klock's two hours were absolutely stellar. Certainly one of the best techno sets I've ever seen. Everyone in the little Blackbox room was so into it. He came, he saw, he conquered. I hope his set later last night at Motion was as good at that. I got a text from Child 1 who was there at 0347h to suggest that Mr Klock had not dropped his quality for his fourth and final set of the day!

Finished off with half an hour of Hot Since 82 who, despite my being mostly indifferent to tech-house, provided a very nice end to the night. Smashing way to start the year!

:)

Ben

5 hours ago, Matt42 said:

To anyone else who went to motion, what an absolutely incredible party!

Helena Hauff was probably the best set of them all, closely followed by Steffi!

how good were the other parties across the UK?

Wasn't out partying for NYE, but saw Steffi earlier in the year and the was bloody great 

3 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Rainbow Venues in Birmingham was pretty damn good, guys.

Started in the big room with some tech-house which was ok, occasionally very good (i.e. when it was more tech, than house!), Then Pippi Ciez in the small room starting off the techno proper. He was very good. I was uncertain about Alan Fitzpatrick for the first 15 minutes of his two hour set, but after half an hour he hit his stride and the rest really was excellent.

And then the Master®...

Oh. My. Goodness. It's lovely to see an artist and feel unequivocally that the hype is not hype. Ben Klock's two hours were absolutely stellar. Certainly one of the best techno sets I've ever seen. Everyone in the little Blackbox room was so into it. He came, he saw, he conquered. I hope his set later last night at Motion was as good at that. I got a text from Child 1 who was there at 0347h to suggest that Mr Klock had not dropped his quality for his fourth and final set of the day!

Finished off with half an hour of Hot Since 82 who, despite my being mostly indifferent to tech-house, provided a very nice end to the night. Smashing way to start the year!

:)

Ben

Klock did a pretty good set at motion, but I think Hauff and Steffi were so good that in comparison I probably thought less of his. He's definitely a techno party DJ through and through though!

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Wasn't out partying for NYE, but saw Steffi earlier in the year and the was bloody great 

You can never go wrong with a panorama bar DJ it seems!

She was class

Would be surprised not to see some of the electronic names announced for BBK playing Glastonbury. 

The Black Madonna, Job Jobse, Red Axes and DJ Tennis who played last year and MCDE, Daphni and Dixon who didn't but would be so well received 

Edited by Mezhyp1

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Would be surprised not to see some of the electronic names announced for BBK playing Glastonbury. 

The Black Madonna, Job Jobse, Red Axes and DJ Tennis who played last year and MCDE, Daphni and Dixon who didn't but would be so well received 

Would take that definitely, have any of the latter ever played before? Also Lena willikens from that list would be good

59 minutes ago, your mother said:

Would take that definitely, have any of the latter ever played before? Also Lena willikens from that list would be good

well, Dan Snaith has but as Caribou, he hasn't as Daphni in my memory. MCDE and Dixon definitely haven't, id be surprised if they play tbh, Dixon especially, but i live in hope of MCDE

2 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

well, Dan Snaith has but as Caribou, he hasn't as Daphni in my memory. MCDE and Dixon definitely haven't, id be surprised if they play tbh, Dixon especially, but i live in hope of MCDE

Ah yeah of course. 

Yeah motor city on the farm somewhere (not sure where?) would be right up there. 

44 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

A lot of electronica on the coachella line up, a lot of it is really good as well for instance The Belleville Three (Juan Atkins, Derrick May and Kevin Saunderson) are back playing together 

Yeah some decent DJs, at first I was like wooooah but then I realised that there's a high chance we'l get them too

Would love to see Dettmann return to the festival

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah some decent DJs, at first I was like wooooah but then I realised that there's a high chance we'l get them too

Would love to see Dettmann return to the festival

Yeah the likes of Bicep, Four Tet, The Martinez Brothers, Daphni, Ben UFO, Honey Dijon I'd expect to see at Glastonbury 

It would be amazing if they could get Robert Hood again and as you say, Dettmann. I can't think of many better than Dettmann for the Friday night techno on Arcadia

2 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Yeah the likes of Bicep, Four Tet, The Martinez Brothers, Daphni, Ben UFO, Honey Dijon I'd expect to see at Glastonbury 

It would be amazing if they could get Robert Hood again and as you say, Dettmann. I can't think of many better than Dettmann for the Friday night techno on Arcadia

Its a shame that Glasto is beginning to clash with techno festivals like awakenings because that will unfortunately take a lot of prime DJs away

i'd love to see Avalon Emerson, Steffi, Helena Hauff, Villalobos, even Nina Kraviz on the farm.

i feel like Nina set at the Glade would go down very well

16 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Its a shame that Glasto is beginning to clash with techno festivals like awakenings because that will unfortunately take a lot of prime DJs away

i'd love to see Avalon Emerson, Steffi, Helena Hauff, Villalobos, even Nina Kraviz on the farm.

i feel like Nina set at the Glade would go down very well

Saw Avalon Emerson last month, she was fantastic! Would love to see her and the rest of your list on the farm.

I'd like to see Daniel Avery again, this time with a better slot than the short arcadia set.