Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 hour ago, TwoSteppaThomas said:

Anybody have any experience of Motion. Heading down for Bicep/Skream on Saturday. Cant wait!

went to the bugged out night. you had room to move about which was great, but as it wasn't sold out it might not be the best test. Was slow on the door to get in, I would arrive early! The sound in the main room was very loud and clear :) dusky were shite. erol was amazing.

I think im grumpy cos just got back from berlin where things are much better, by things i specifically mean crowds. So much more mature & polite & not wreckheads. and the clubs dont ram the punters in like sardines. Went down to Prince charles & saw Gilles Peterson & MCDE, was brilliant :D 

i think the days of the mega rave are nearly over for me, i'm 30 next year... i still love going out but small venues are so much less hassle. im going to whp on 10/12 expecting it to not be great, so if i'm pleasantly surprised it'll be a nice bonus. 

im also quite sad on realisation that the days of the holiday park raves seem to be over. Bloc, Bugged out weekender and Southport Weekender all gone now :( stupid butlins. wonder if the really strong pills might be doing more harm than good? no one wants to be the next promoter/venue with a death on their hands it seems

Edited by Memory Man

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

oval space has big sound issues i hear, but the others are of course decent! Corsica in particular. Bloc seems good too. not all doom & gloom

Sound is great at Oval Space. Even better over the road at Pickle Factory. 

12 hours ago, Memory Man said:

oval space has big sound issues i hear, but the others are of course decent! Corsica in particular. Bloc seems good too. not all doom & gloom

I went to Oval Space for Boiler Room a few months ago and no issues with sound that I noticed. The issue is more the ridiculous drinks prices & the fact that it is hotter than the sun as there is no air-con, just 2 industrial fans which do very little.
That being said it can't have put me off too much as heading back there NYD for Robert Hood & Ryan Elliot.

14 hours ago, Memory Man said:

went to the bugged out night. you had room to move about which was great, but as it wasn't sold out it might not be the best test. Was slow on the door to get in, I would arrive early! The sound in the main room was very loud and clear :) dusky were shite. erol was amazing.

I think im grumpy cos just got back from berlin where things are much better, by things i specifically mean crowds. So much more mature & polite & not wreckheads. and the clubs dont ram the punters in like sardines. Went down to Prince charles & saw Gilles Peterson & MCDE, was brilliant :D 

i think the days of the mega rave are nearly over for me, i'm 30 next year... i still love going out but small venues are so much less hassle. im going to whp on 10/12 expecting it to not be great, so if i'm pleasantly surprised it'll be a nice bonus. 

im also quite sad on realisation that the days of the holiday park raves seem to be over. Bloc, Bugged out weekender and Southport Weekender all gone now :( stupid butlins. wonder if the really strong pills might be doing more harm than good? no one wants to be the next promoter/venue with a death on their hands it seems

I was at the very same club in Berlin the day before for Theo Parrish, cracking place

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

ah man i'd have loved to do all 3 nights but would have been impossible to hack it. i bet theo was incredible. good club isnt it!

Yeah, we had planned to do all 3 nights, but were flying back on the Sunday and on the Friday we ended up watching Ice Hockey and then getting far too drunk in a cocktail bar near our apartments.

Going to Corsica Studios for the first time tomorrow. Heard alot of good things about it on these parts. When is the best time to arrive? My mate has a flat in Elephany so we're having drinks at his and apparently it's like a 5 minute walk away from his place. If it turns out to be as good as people are saying it is on here I'll definitely be taking full advantage of my mates flat. 

Had a great night at WHP on Saturday, no issues with security thankfully, walked straight in around 10:15.

Maceo Plex was a bit of a let down compared to when I've seen him before but luckily Roman Flugel was excellent! Much preferred the second room anyway. Carl Craig was also spot on.

thats just an insanely good line up. bicep have really pulled it out for their curated line ups, so much so that they are frequently not even in the top 2/3 DJs on the bill :lol: (my opinion obvs!)

they're not even in the top 5 at their WHP for me ha

the glasgow one is really good as well, bit of tim sweeney & job jobse

Edited by Memory Man

9 hours ago, TheBurns said:

Had a great night at WHP on Saturday, no issues with security thankfully, walked straight in around 10:15.

Maceo Plex was a bit of a let down compared to when I've seen him before but luckily Roman Flugel was excellent! Much preferred the second room anyway. Carl Craig was also spot on.

I saw Roman Flugel on Friday in Nottingham and he was on top form, hoping he's on the farm next year!

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

thats just an insanely good line up. bicep have really pulled it out for their curated line ups, so much so that they are frequently not even in the top 2/3 DJs on the bill :lol: (my opinion obvs!)

they're not even in the top 5 at their WHP for me ha

the glasgow one is really good as well, bit of tim sweeney & job jobse

I shall be at both Bicep WHP and Glasgow :) both tremendous line ups, especially WHP 

• Upvote 1

Was listening to Aphex Twin earlier and "Polynomial-C" came on. Always had a vision of hearing this one on the Park Stage as the sun's going down. Who knows, could be a chance this year?

Edit: balls, just seen the Aphex Twin thread. UK exclusive for Field Day

Edited by SPTFRE

On 11/28/2016 at 1:01 PM, TheBurns said:

I got patted down and there were sniffer dogs when I went in around 9:45pm.
And complete lack of treats inside.

Me being an idiot I didn't really know who I saw, but great night.

2 hours ago, The60ftOctopus said:

I walked past the dog when circoloco was on at WHP as did a friend who was carrying- no reaction.

Plenty inside as well - must be luck

5 hours ago, The60ftOctopus said:

One of my friends asked about 300 people and couldn't find any! Some guy who came up to us was selling coke but no MDMA, great time all the same.