Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

2 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Any E&D forumites in attendance at Four Tet tonight? And re: Glastonbury next year, a long set by Laurent Garnier would be amazing 

Tomorrow night for me. Actually perfectly happy with the Daphni/Jamie xx switch.

Have a good one!

Edited by Winslow Leach

On 14/10/2016 at 8:41 PM, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Any E&D forumites in attendance at Four Tet tonight? And re: Glastonbury next year, a long set by Laurent Garnier would be amazing 

I'd be happy with him playing "Man with the red face" on repeat. 

10 hours ago, TaylorT said:

How amazing would an Elrow carry on be on the Blues stage?

I'm already having visions of that being both annoyingly busy and annoyingly quiet, and it isn't even a thing 

Anyway,

Rødhåd for me this evening, for some staunch sabbath night techno :) 

• Upvote 1

On 16 October 2016 at 8:27 AM, Winslow Leach said:

Just got back in from Brixton. Great night.

I'm going to bed.

Sorry I didn't meet you. Didn't look at my phone at all for the rest of the evening!

Unfortunately didn't really enjoy it that much. Wasn't overly impressed by the venue, sound or the crowd. And to top it off I'm not really a jungle fan... FP and Daphni were good but even they were hampered by my other qualms. We ended up wandering home around half 4...

The rest of my group were all in agreement. Just not what we were expecting.

Edited by willsnewman

Anyone who has been to WHP this year, what are they like on this last entry malarkey? I'm off to the bicep one and it seems it might legitimately be a 9pm last entry.... which is utterly ridiculous. I've been to loads but never known it be moved forward to that early. Its usually 10 or half 10 which is fine.

Apparently this saturdays one was 9pm, seems insane when its open till 5am.

Edited by Memory Man

13 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Anyone who has been to WHP this year, what are they like on this last entry malarkey? I'm off to the bicep one and it seems it might legitimately be a 9pm last entry.... which is utterly ridiculous. I've been to loads but never known it be moved forward to that early. Its usually 10 or half 10 which is fine.

Apparently this saturdays one was 9pm, seems insane when its open till 5am.

I went a few weeks ago, arrived about 15 mins before the half 10 last entry, and the queue was huge. We probably got in there half an hour later, but that was through no fault of our own.

To be honest though, I wouldn't risk it with those bouncers. Because they seem to oversell every night they aren't bothered about stopping anyone they don't like the look of from going in (just look at FB reviews for WHP).

That is a crazy-early last entry though, not very fair on punters who have already paid for tickets. Surely just a way to maximise profits..?

5 hours ago, willsnewman said:

Sorry I didn't meet you. Didn't look at my phone at all for the rest of the evening!

Unfortunately didn't really enjoy it that much. Wasn't overly impressed by the venue, sound or the crowd. And to top it off I'm not really a jungle fan... FP and Daphni were good but even they was hampered by my other qualms. We ended up wandering home around half 4...

The rest of my group were all in agreement. Just not what we were expecting.

My friends and I went on Friday and felt similar. The crowd were shocking and the queue was like nothing I've ever seen at Brixton Academy. There were so many blokes in vests off their heads (I don't have a problem with that normally) but just chucking their weight around making space where there just wasn't any.
We ended up lurking behind the sound desk to the right as that was the only space where I wasn't ridiculously crushed against anyone else.
Where they obviously wasn't assigned seating/standing, I feel like standing was massively over subscribed & they could have done with reducing number of tickets sold. I suppose you shouldn't really moan when you get tickets for a fiver but I definitely feel there was room for improvement.

1 hour ago, big__phil said:

That is a crazy-early last entry though, not very fair on punters who have already paid for tickets. Surely just a way to maximise profits..?

That is disturbingly early and depending on set timings could be really awful. 

I went to the Blueprint Hydra night at the end of August and thought it was bad enough that they put on the biggest names at 5am while selling loads of tickets requiring entry before 1am. They used the excuse that it was to prevent overcrowding, but relying on people leaving early because they were too tired/wrecked in order to have a bit of crowd control seems off to me (they were also selling tickets for post-5am entry though).

Edited by Untz

4 hours ago, gherring8 said:

My friends and I went on Friday and felt similar. The crowd were shocking and the queue was like nothing I've ever seen at Brixton Academy. There were so many blokes in vests off their heads (I don't have a problem with that normally) but just chucking their weight around making space where there just wasn't any.
We ended up lurking behind the sound desk to the right as that was the only space where I wasn't ridiculously crushed against anyone else.
Where they obviously wasn't assigned seating/standing, I feel like standing was massively over subscribed & they could have done with reducing number of tickets sold. I suppose you shouldn't really moan when you get tickets for a fiver but I definitely feel there was room for improvement.

Went on Saturday and it definitely felt a lot busier than it did last year and definitely a higher ratio of bellends. :/ 

I thought Daphni's set was great though, but I left around 4ish as DJ Champion and his hype man kind of killed it for me. 

Would just love to see Hernan Cattaneo or Martin Garcia at Glasto. 

I think that would be the perfect vibe, maybe at Arcadia.

What does everyone else think? 1' 13" !!!!

Edited by DaveyGee
Inclusion of youtube clip
  • Upvote 1

I can see myself in Manchester for NYD 

NEW YEARS DAY – THE CLOSING PARTY

BEN KLOCK
MARCEL DETTMANN
DJ KOZE
KiNK
LIVE
JACKMASTER b2b GERD JANSON
BICEP
GEORGE FITZGERALD
HESSLE AUDIO:
BEN UFO x PEARSON SOUND x PANGAEA
MIDLAND
BODDIKA
MIKE SERVITO
ARTWORK b2b DENIS SULTA
PALMS TRAX
KRYSKO & GREG LORD
BENJAMIN DAMAGE
KORNEL KOVACS
CALL SUPER
WILLOW
LAUREN LO SUNG
TASKER
OR:LA
HACKETT

22 hours ago, big__phil said:

they seem to oversell every night they aren't bothered about stopping anyone they don't like the look of from going in (just look at FB reviews for WHP).

yeah i've noticed that.... i sometimes wonder whether people on the reviews are being totally honest as i have never once had any problem in about 20 visits there but I guess this overselling malarkey is probably only a recent-ish thing.

I guess if the bouncers turn away 5% of punters for being too drunk or off their heads already then thats 5% more then can sell. Its underhand but probably some way legal....