Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

On 5/13/2016 at 3:15 PM, TaylorT said:

You like yer tennis mate aye haha. Wonder if he's playing as part of anything, Life and Death or Circoloco there perhaps? Thursday is always rife with label/night showcase type things on. Or he could be just playing WOW. 

if they are doing another Circo Loco on the Blues on Thursday I would very much think he'll be playing it

4 hours ago, StePotts said:

if they are doing another Circo Loco on the Blues on Thursday I would very much think he'll be playing it

I don't think there's going to be a circo loco night this year judging from the poster, which is shit. The last two years it has been really good 

44 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Are any of you guys going to attend the efests meet? Im going to be there on the Wednesday this year and thinking about popping along, would be good to put some names to faces

Yep - I'll defo be there, Mez.

I have, for years, bottled out of pretty much every forum meet for every festival I've been to. Until last year - really enjoyed meeting so many great people at the eFests meet, so will pop along again. I'll be at the site before the gates open, so by 4pm (I think?) I'll be ready to get together with everyone, having spent quite a few hours yomping!

Ben

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Are any of you guys going to attend the efests meet? Im going to be there on the Wednesday this year and thinking about popping along, would be good to put some names to faces

No - Thursday coach has put pay to that.

One year hopefully will have the balls to go for a Wednesday ticket...

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

LBHQ presents in Shangri La is fantastic, I take it it'll be in Heaven again? 

can't stop as at work, but just popped in to say that I think we might all be a bit cross - I think LBHQ is in a frickin' micro-venue, and I WANNA SEE THE MARTINEZ BROTHERS!!!!

:(

Ben

5 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

can't stop as at work, but just popped in to say that I think we might all be a bit cross - I think LBHQ is in a frickin' micro-venue, and I WANNA SEE THE MARTINEZ BROTHERS!!!!

:(

Ben

LBHQ was not a bad sized venue, bit tight though and it was a bit of a queue to get in. Standard stuff though is you get in and need a piss straight away haha. Someone has said and its a good point, why don't they have the likes of Jamie Jones, M Bros etc on the Hell Stage?! These guys headline BIG stages at festivals all over so it is crazy to put them in a tightish venue. Great additions today though. If Circoloco aren't involved this year still getting lots of the sorts that play there spread around.

On 17/05/2016 at 9:02 PM, Mezhyp1 said:

I will try to attend. Depending on how hard I go at it on the wednesday

Hello, looking for some tips and I think this is the right place to ask :)

I'm not big into dance music, but I do like a bit of a boogie - especially at a festival. The dancier stuff that I do tend do listen to is along the lines of Justice, Crystal Castles, Simian, CSS, Sleigh Bells, SBTRKT, Caribou, The XX etc, so I guess pretty electro-pop/indie/house kind of stuff. I was wondering if anyone can recommend me a few acts that are on this year in places like The Common, Shangri-La, Block9, Silver Hayes etc that I might enjoy based on what I've said above. I feel like I always miss out on a lot of SE corner action because I don't really know any of the acts, but I'm sure there would be plenty on I'd love if I knew what to look out for!

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Fatima Yamaha? Four Tet? Maybe head along to the Hot Chip DJ set as well. I'm now at the stage where I need to see the posters to remember the acts playing...

Edit: I'll keep adding people here if I think of any. Julio Bashmore?

With the acts you've suggested I'd suggest Grimes and LCD perhaps.

Edited by willsnewman

17 hours ago, TaylorT said:

LBHQ was not a bad sized venue, bit tight though and it was a bit of a queue to get in. Standard stuff though is you get in and need a piss straight away haha. Someone has said and its a good point, why don't they have the likes of Jamie Jones, M Bros etc on the Hell Stage?! These guys headline BIG stages at festivals all over so it is crazy to put them in a tightish venue. Great additions today though. If Circoloco aren't involved this year still getting lots of the sorts that play there spread around.

how do you get in if it's in that Heaven bit?

1 hour ago, sophlamb said:

Hello, looking for some tips and I think this is the right place to ask :)

I'm not big into dance music, but I do like a bit of a boogie - especially at a festival. The dancier stuff that I do tend do listen to is along the lines of Justice, Crystal Castles, Simian, CSS, Sleigh Bells, SBTRKT, Caribou, The XX etc, so I guess pretty electro-pop/indie/house kind of stuff. I was wondering if anyone can recommend me a few acts that are on this year in places like The Common, Shangri-La, Block9, Silver Hayes etc that I might enjoy based on what I've said above. I feel like I always miss out on a lot of SE corner action because I don't really know any of the acts, but I'm sure there would be plenty on I'd love if I knew what to look out for!

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

It's a touch light on that front currently for that sort of thing, few people you may enjoy.

Redlight, Bicep, Mike Skinner, Haelos (live), Honne (live), Mura Masa (live), NAO (live), Alunageorge (live), Santigold (live)

Although it's quite difficult to pick out acts, I like all of the acts you've named above but it would be daft to list everyone from the bill I like ;-)

6 hours ago, Boss84 said:

Does anybody know any of the acts playing this year that are along the lines of The Bloody Beetroots or The Toxic Avenger? Thanks in advance.

Nothing that I can see, that style of dance music fell out of favour in the about 2009, I know this because I used to go and watch acts like that myself! 

9 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Nothing that I can see, that style of dance music fell out of favour in the about 2009, I know this because I used to go and watch acts like that myself! 

Oh well, never mind. I'm not hugely into dance, just quite like that heavy style.