Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

19 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

For J.E.S.u.S last year it was silly. I was on my own, so slithered in reasonably easily but there was absolutely NO room to dance as it was shoulder to shoulder, so almost pointless. A classic case of people feeling they 'should' be at something as it's hyped and perceived as a cool place to be...

Ben

yeah, I thought it would be wedged with people just there for something to do, so went to Benji B playing Stonebridge Bar instead, probably the best set I heard all weekend.

20 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Just posted this in self-confirmed but I guess it goes better here - looks like Carl Cox will be playing an acid set late Saturday night in the Unfairground (at Bez's, I'd assume)

That has thrown the cat amongst the pigeons! Ive never got in there as I wont queue. I'd have to leave new order earlier to get in I would suspect, which I could do.

Coxy being on the night before in the Glade means I might miss it and just see him on the Friday.... but if Sigur Ros are on Friday - I could see them instead with Coxy Saturday.

Decisions!

19 hours ago, Memory Man said:

depends who is on. For EZ it was 20 deep outside

for gerd janson there was about 30-40 people in there. it was my personal highlight!!

There were a lot more than 30 - 40! However it wasn't proper rammed but a decent busy

13 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Just listened to some Auntie Flo and I like what I hear, groovy, hope to be there 

Same here, having just listened to the Theory Of Flo album - it is so good

Shame about Kiasmos not playing though....

Hoping Andy Stott gets added, and also the brilliant Blanck Mass who played a very loud show at the Lexington last weekend.

4 hours ago, Cieran said:

There were a lot more than 30 - 40! However it wasn't proper rammed but a decent busy

it wouldnt say it was decently busy (i was pretty drunk and tired by this time tho so my mind may be playing tricks on me) but there was plenty of room to swing plenty of cats in there! our group was down the left hand side and pretty much had it all to ourselves.

couple of hundred maximum. anyway, Janson DJ set of the weekend easily that I saw!! He is a legend.

there are great sets to be heard outside of the SE Corner you just have to pick them carefully.

I hate queuing and the only place I would actually que for is the downlow. I am gonna get there early one night this year and make a full night of it in there

Edited by Memory Man

3 hours ago, reevem01 said:

Same here, having just listened to the Theory Of Flo album - it is so good

Shame about Kiasmos not playing though....

Hoping Andy Stott gets added, and also the brilliant Blanck Mass who played a very loud show at the Lexington last weekend.

Both would be great. Saw Blanck Mass play his first (much more ambient) record live, which I enjoyed a lot, but it might not work at Glastonbury (he was supporting Björk), but LP 2 would go down a storm in a hot, sweaty late night venue...

Ben

2 hours ago, reevem01 said:

I agree. I think Saturday's set consisted of most of "Dumb Flesh" and "The Great Confuso Part 1". Where do you think he could play?

Not sure. He could play in Silver Hayes (I'd guess Wow), or Glade, or SE Corner, I guess. Not very insightful response - apologies!

:)

Ben

22 hours ago, glastonewb said:

Henry Saiz self confirmed for Glasto in Sasha's latest last night on earth:

https://soundcloud.com/last-night-on-earth/sasha-presents-last-night-on-earth-012-april-2016/

36 minutes in he confirms (Good Sasha set also!). 

Henry Saiz booking is an interesting one. Where would he play? I wonder if warming up for Carl Cox? Or the Glade Lounge can get progressive. I could see NIck Warren being on the same bill. 

18 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Henry Saiz booking is an interesting one. Where would he play? I wonder if warming up for Carl Cox? Or the Glade Lounge can get progressive. I could see NIck Warren being on the same bill. 

Unfortunately no Nick Warren this year.. my friend asked him on facebook. 

nickwarren.jpg

23 hours ago, glastonewb said:

Henry Saiz self confirmed for Glasto in Sasha's latest last night on earth:

https://soundcloud.com/last-night-on-earth/sasha-presents-last-night-on-earth-012-april-2016/

36 minutes in he confirms (Good Sasha set also!). 

Does anyone think Sasha has a little cheeky smile when talking about Glastonbury as if to say, "yeah I know i am playing after you, Henry"..? He's not played until 2014 and he usually misses the odd year until he comes back. I can see something he hasn't done before such as Arcadia) Would prefer The Glade though..

Edited by danbailey80