Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

16 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Looking like a new Justice album could be imminent 

Speaking of gallic electro types what are your thoughts on the club cheval  album matt? I quite liked young, rich, radical but not really got into the rest of it yet 

1 hour ago, rubenz said:

Speaking of gallic electro types what are your thoughts on the club cheval  album matt? I quite liked young, rich, radical but not really got into the rest of it yet 

I've not had a listen as yet, will give it a whirl and report back with my findings! Think they're playing Sonar so will probably go and see them there too 

14 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

Good and noble people of the Electronic/Dance thread:

I'm going to Lost Village at the end of May, and obviously there are people on the lineup I'm majorly excited about seeing, but there's also some I'm not familiar with. So who do you think I should absolutely not miss? Any recommendations/suggestions?

lost-village-lineup.jpg

Norman Jay MBE is always good value

On 4/13/2016 at 7:27 PM, Winslow Leach said:

Good and noble people of the Electronic/Dance thread:

I'm going to Lost Village at the end of May, and obviously there are people on the lineup I'm majorly excited about seeing, but there's also some I'm not familiar with. So who do you think I should absolutely not miss? Any recommendations/suggestions?

lost-village-lineup.jpg

Some lower down to not be missed: Jasper James, Palms Trax, Dan Shake (incredible!). Friend went to see Special Request recently and apparently he was playing really intense, moody techno with huge breakbeats. Sounded wicked, if that's your thing.

52 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

just Listened to a floating Points album,, is his music all the same ? the album I have Elaenia is kinda slow but with Bass that lets you know you are alive

he only has one album, that one. Thats what he and his band mates play live.

His electronic club focused productions are just that, for the club. They won't be played live.

just to be more confusing, if he plays a DJ set, he rarely if ever actually plays his club productions. it is all rare funk, soul, world, brazillian etc

Just now, Memory Man said:

he only has one album, that one. Thats what he and his band mates play live.

His electronic club focused productions are just that, for the club. They won't be played live.

just to be more confusing, if he plays a DJ set, he rarely if ever actually plays his club productions. it is all rare funk, soul, world, brazillian etc

sounds very interesting, I liked what I heard. Just normally go for something faster at a festival

1 hour ago, shuttlep said:

just Listened to a floating Points album,, is his music all the same ? the album I have Elaenia is kinda slow but with Bass that lets you know you are alive

His "club" stuff is so well produced and sounds banging on a good system

29 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Some lower down to not be missed: Jasper James, Palms Trax, Dan Shake (incredible!). Friend went to see Special Request recently and apparently he was playing really intense, moody techno with huge breakbeats. Sounded wicked, if that's your thing.

It will surprise no-one in this thread to know that it's very much my thing...!

:)

Ben

9 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

It will surprise no-one in this thread to know that it's very much my thing...!

:)

Ben

It's Paul Woodford if you didn't know. This is his latest offering... I see what he meant now! Gonna have to dive into the back catalogue... Christ, imagine this on a system!

I haven't ever really got into Special Request - sure his first album was basically jungle wasn't it? I may need to revisit the back catalogue.

Now Tessela on the other hand would be a must see for me (if I were going) absolutely love his production, and Hackney Parrot on a big system sounds ridiculous.

17 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

I haven't ever really got into Special Request - sure his first album was basically jungle wasn't it? I may need to revisit the back catalogue.

Yeah, I can believe that!

1 hour ago, TheBurns said:

Just had a listen to explosion in the sky, excellent stuff, right up my streer I'll be going to see them stage times permitting!

I had a listen the other day after quite after quite a bit of chatter on these boards about them.

really liked what I heard, I'll be definately  be catching them, clashes permitting!

20 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

can probably assume Four Tet is playing Glastonbury, has a "TBA" gig on June 24th:

http://www.fourtet.net/index.php/live/

19 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I was just coming here to post that, hopefully he gets a good slot with some good sound 

Me too :) 

No surprise but good news none the less.