Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

Im going for the park, the Glade announced Carl Cox, so why not announce both if he was there?

From what I have heard of FP, it's something I can imagine enjoying as a sub headliner. It's nice, but nothing really grips me that much. Admitedly I haven't heard that much. 

You may be right about the lack of Glade announcement, Fuzz, except that CC is a huge name, whereas FloPo is a rising name, huge to only a few of us!

Have you listened to the new LP proper (Elaenia)? It's pretty blooming' amazing...

Ben

25 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Carl cox and Cirez D on the line up one night in Space this year......

If the Glade pulled that off, very little could make me happier all weekend...Radiohead, otherwise - forget it.

As much as I would love Prydz in any form at Glastonbury, I'm not counting any chickens 

Do you reckon CC will play 00:30-2:45 or so in The Glade? I'm not missing LCD for anything, but I'd love to catch CC, so that may just be wishful thinking 

went to Berlin for the first time the weekend before last, what a place!

had planned to go to Chalet Club on Friday to see Luke Solomon and Seven Davis Jr. but got refused so caught a few locals at ipse and then Golden Gate instead.

on Saturday went to Arena Club for Karenn (live), then to Tresor and caught Octave One live upstairs, then Raiz downstairs until about 8am when I needed bed. friends stayed on and went to Ohm until about midday.

Sunday, relaxed day, hit up a few bars and then on to Berghain. friends didn't get in; we had a pair of girls refused, pair of guys refused, I was last on my own and was let in. great place but only managed to stay for about an hour as I was on my own and tired and hungry. left around 5:30am and got some currywurst on the way home! as I had the stamp I had the intention of going back in the morning with a friend who had been refused but in the end we just slept in!

great city though, we were spoilt for choice with the amount of DJs on and clubs/spots to go to. already thinking about the next trip back. if it wasn't for Glasto and Dekmantel it would surely be in the next few months.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

went to Berlin for the first time the weekend before last, what a place!

had planned to go to Chalet Club on Friday to see Luke Solomon and Seven Davis Jr. but got refused so caught a few locals at ipse and then Golden Gate instead.

on Saturday went to Arena Club for Karenn (live), then to Tresor and caught Octave One live upstairs, then Raiz downstairs until about 8am when I needed bed. friends stayed on and went to Ohm until about midday.

Sunday, relaxed day, hit up a few bars and then on to Berghain. friends didn't get in; we had a pair of girls refused, pair of guys refused, I was last on my own and was let in. great place but only managed to stay for about an hour as I was on my own and tired and hungry. left around 5:30am and got some currywurst on the way home! as I had the stamp I had the intention of going back in the morning with a friend who had been refused but in the end we just slept in!

great city though, we were spoilt for choice with the amount of DJs on and clubs/spots to go to. already thinking about the next trip back. if it wasn't for Glasto and Dekmantel it would surely be in the next few months.

Yeah Berlin is a truly special place! Went last August straight after Dekmantel and went Krake Festival. Going again this August for Atonal. Also going other clubs over the days. Such an amazing vibe there.

Edited by rikkirascal
  • Upvote 1

On 04/04/2016 at 9:18 PM, bennyhana22 said:

You may be right about the lack of Glade announcement, Fuzz, except that CC is a huge name, whereas FloPo is a rising name, huge to only a few of us!

Have you listened to the new LP proper (Elaenia)? It's pretty blooming' amazing...

Ben

No, but along with Black Messiah by d'angelo - it can be my homework for the next few days. I will give it a go 

On 04/04/2016 at 9:32 PM, Mezhyp1 said:

As much as I would love Prydz in any form at Glastonbury, I'm not counting any chickens 

Do you reckon CC will play 00:30-2:45 or so in The Glade? I'm not missing LCD for anything, but I'd love to catch CC, so that may just be wishful thinking 

Yes, it's the obvious slot for him.

6 hours ago, rikkirascal said:

Yeah Berlin is a truly special place! Went last August straight after Dekmantel and went Krake Festival. Going again this August for Atonal. Also going other clubs over the days. Such an amazing vibe there.

oh nice, I know someone who went to Atonal last year and said it was great!

8 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

FP live i would say west holts about 4th from the top, wouldnt have to be dark.

park as a 2nd option but i see him on west holts. admittedly if he was wanting to play later he would get higher on the bill at park than at west holts.

I think dusk would be the best time for him, or just after the sun had set and darkness is quickly arriving, either way, I cannot wait to hear Nuits Sonores on the farm

Depends if they want the lasers to be prominent, wouldn't really work without the dark, I hope he brings the orchestra, that would make it really special. I don't think he'll plays Nuits Sonores either, it's essentially material from elaenia that makes up the live show.

1 minute ago, _daveyboy said:

Depends if they want the lasers to be prominent, wouldn't really work without the dark, I hope he brings the orchestra, that would make it really special. I don't think he'll plays Nuits Sonores either, it's essentially material from elaenia that makes up the live show.

That's alright davey boy he'll DJ a million times anyway and throw some of that magic in there 

I loved Elaenia so that's no problem 

2 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I think dusk would be the best time for him, or just after the sun had set and darkness is quickly arriving, either way, I cannot wait to hear Nuits Sonores on the farm

Doubt the live setup will have any of his dancier releases. Maybe something from Vacuum/Shadow but almost certainly not any of the 12s

5 minutes ago, JC-Mo'Fucka said:

I didn't expect it, but his album is top notch. I found his essential mix was absolute pants though. Which makes me think i'll avoid a dj set but go to a live thing with all his latest tracks.

Albums pretty decent. He's done some cracking remixes too in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Winslow Leach said:

Well I'd pay money to that Kickstarter.

Screen Shot 2016-04-11 at 15.41.41.png

I know nothing of this venue, but that's a general shortage of this kind of venue all over the uk 

I see Soulwax have been announced for Pukkelpop, maybe they'll play as Soulwax instead of 2manydjs this year

By the way, that Four Tet tweet is in response to Dance Tunnel closing down, which will be in August. Small venues are dropping off like flies... but new ones *are* popping up. The Pickle Factory is excellent, Shapes is shite, Rye Wax is becoming more prolific, DIY Space is great...