Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Heard mixed reviews. Apparently there were only a couple of food stalls, and queueing systems / top-up bars were chaotic. But not heard anything bad about the music/venue/lights. In fact, the lights looked amazing from what I saw.

God I wish I could make a final pilgrimage to Space and especially Coxy but circumstances won't allow it this year. 

Now Space is going/changing not sure I will bother again as that was my favourite club on the island and always enjoy the pre drinks and anticipation in Bossa before going in.

In 2007 we went to the inaugural Ibiza Rocks closing party at a secret venue (the Zoo) which was 2manyDJs first and then the rest of Soulwax hit the stage and went straight into a Soulwax set. When it finished we headed straight over to Space for the Carl Cox closing party and when that finished just lay on the beach for a bit. Bliss.

Cox for Glastonbury 2016 is a wish for me.

8 minutes ago, dooke10 said:

God I wish I could make a final pilgrimage to Space and especially Coxy but circumstances won't allow it this year. 

Now Space is going/changing not sure I will bother again as that was my favourite club on the island and always enjoy the pre drinks and anticipation in Bossa before going in.

In 2007 we went to the inaugural Ibiza Rocks closing party at a secret venue (the Zoo) which was 2manyDJs first and then the rest of Soulwax hit the stage and went straight into a Soulwax set. When it finished we headed straight over to Space for the Carl Cox closing party and when that finished just lay on the beach for a bit. Bliss.

Cox for Glastonbury 2016 is a wish for me.

I was at that Ibiza Rocks too, was a crazy venue to watch them in, the derelict penguin enclosure I think? That was the pretty much our last night out there I think so we ended up going to the free after party at Bar M which was 2manyDJ's playing again, we had gone to Carl Cox the week before with Fatboy Slim, pretty sure someone closed the night with Bob Marley.

2 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

I was at that Ibiza Rocks too, was a crazy venue to watch them in, the derelict penguin enclosure I think? That was the pretty much our last night out there I think so we ended up going to the free after party at Bar M which was 2manyDJ's playing again, we had gone to Carl Cox the week before with Fatboy Slim, pretty sure someone closed the night with Bob Marley.

It might well have been, it was a little amphitheatre wasn't it? Marvellous. The show finishing at midnight or whatever was a bit of a surprise to us so hitting Cox was a right little bonus!

Bar M is a Nandos now if my navigation was right last time I was there. 

Yeah I think they set up the stage in one of the old aquatic based enclosures, pretty sure I remember there being a sign for penguins when I was heading back in there from the bar.

It is indeed, also saw Dirty Sanchez doing a live show in there the day after I think, my mates girlfriend had to leave to be sick midway through which tells you all you need to hear about the show itself.

On 15/03/2016 at 1:09 PM, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Fatboy slim played "Could you be loved" as his last tune.

Somewhere I have a clip on video. 

Fatboy did 3 hours, Cox did 3.... then b2b.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

10 hours ago, zero000 said:

Has anyone seen the article from the former bloc promoter?

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/03/dull-hipsters-in-broad-daylight-why-im-done-with-todays-dance-music/

It has a distinct smell of an out of touch old man yelling about the youth of today.

Anyway the important thing is that he had an onion on his belt, which was the style at the time.

• Upvote 2

How are we all? Anyone been dancing to anything of interest recently? 

I see see in the self confirmed thread, that Claptone is supposedly playing, listened to a few things, including a great remix of Liquid Spirit - Gregory Porter, which I had heard before, not too bad, won't be to everyone's taste mind you. Hopefully we get some more confirmation of the electronic goings on soon

13 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

How are we all? Anyone been dancing to anything of interest recently? 

I see see in the self confirmed thread, that Claptone is supposedly playing, listened to a few things, including a great remix of Liquid Spirit - Gregory Porter, which I had heard before, not too bad, won't be to everyone's taste mind you. Hopefully we get some more confirmation of the electronic goings on soon

Going raving for the first time since August in a couple of weeks. Dj Marky and LTJ Bukem all night at Electric Brixton. Anyone been to this venue? I don't tend to go to solely DnB nights as I find they get a bit much come 4am but intelligent DnB has more of a groove about it.

I rated that clapton remix of Gregory Porter when it first came out but like most big house tunes its been rinsed on the Radio and I've had enough of it now. His recent-ish Essential Mix was decent but listened to his album on Spotify and it wasn't really for me.

i've been to electric brixton, it is more of a gig venue than a club really. Its like an old theatre, very expensive drinks as you'd expect in london. Literally a 5/10 venue but could be saved with some really good music.

its the kind of place whereby, if london actually had enough decent sized purpose built clubs, wouldn't really ever host electronic music nights. it is used because of the lack of spaces of that size.

Edited by Memory Man

I'm slowly getting over Berlin, didn't get into Watergate for whatever reason and decided we had no chance of getting into Berghain, we ended up in a place called Suicide Circus on the Friday night, which was alright and then went to a Boys Noize records night on the Saturday which was really good.

Still feel like absolute death now though, shouldn't have drunk so much weissbier.

I must be getting old. This is the only weekend I have free for a while and there's nothing on to get me excited. I'm going to go for some daytime Wetherspoons drinking like the rest of the old drunkards.

And the one time the club near me puts something on I'd love, I'm on holiday. I might just retire from clubbing.

Glad it was a good weekend overall Matt. Still haven't got my head round door policies in Berlin! 

Have tickets for MCDE in a week or so but pretty sure I can't go. Otherwise really want to give De School a go but have Farr, Glastonbury and Shambala over the summer so should be good. 

16 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

the line up for the Glade and dance areas do they book their own line up ? or is it a whole festival thing?

still hoping for Nick Warren to play Thursday night in the rabbit hole like he did a few years back.

Glastonbury is run as separate fiefdoms, and Glade is run by the Avalon crew, independant of Silver Hayes or SE corner as far as I know.