Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Not directly Glasto related, but the George Fitzgerald album Fading Love is a cracker.

Really recommend it to anyone looking to fill 40 minutes of their day

Need to check this out, his remix of Open Eye Signal is a monster.

Let's keep this thread alive, I much prefer to to the Headliner thread and the ones about The Who, they're all getting a bit weird.

Not posted for ages but always lurk about and found something i had to share cause it was amazing last year. Circoloco looking like they're doing a Thursday thing again. Ellen Allien and Apollonia showing dates.

http://www.ellenallien.de/de/tour-dates

http://www.lola-ed.com/next-party/june

That is huge, the Circoloco take over last year was so much fun.

Last year someone posted on here about Parov Stellar. Thought his stuff sounded awesome but ended up missing him/them due to a horrible clash. I really like the idea of dancing to some Electro Swing at Glastonbury this year.

Got to admit, that while what I've heard sounds awesome, its not a genre I know that much about. Anybody got any recommendations and is there any body likely to play I should be checking out?

Gypsy Hill might do it for you. Gypsy electro jazz, last time I saw them, a full band with DJ man in the middle, was good stuff.

I know he's not the most popular round here but I'll probably be there give or take clashes.

I wonder if this adds weight to the idea that there was a plan to release more of the lineup up today, pretty sure this wasn't there a few days ago.

didn't think he was great at Bestival in 2012 but likewise i;ll be there pending clashes

So, I texted my 17 year old asking him to point me in the direction of SBTRKT tracks to listen to, to convince me that no, actually I do like this stuff.

Listened to Never Never, Sanctuary, Higher (oooh, bad words, young man...) and a few others. I kinda like it, but it's not quite the 'engulfing' sound I look for. I need almost to be consumed by my dance music...taken into it, if you will. Hopefully that doesn't sound too w*nky.

Ben

So, I texted my 17 year old asking him to point me in the direction of SBTRKT tracks to listen to, to convince me that no, actually I do like this stuff.

Listened to Never Never, Sanctuary, Higher (oooh, bad words, young man...) and a few others. I kinda like it, but it's not quite the 'engulfing' sound I look for. I need almost to be consumed by my dance music...taken into it, if you will. Hopefully that doesn't sound too w*nky.

Ben

Apologies, folks.

Read through that again and can confirm that I sounded like a tit.

I do know what I mean, mind!

Ben

Saw SBTRKT off the back off his debut album when he played with Sampha live, absolutely amazing set. Then caught sbtrkt playing recently off the back of his recent album and it was pretty average. Might give him another go if there are no clashes. Curious as to where he would play.