2015 wish lists?

riverlodge

The Guardian - "The best alt-country albums of 2015 so far"

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/mar/18/the-best-alt-country-albums-of-2015-so-far

I'm impressed with The Lone Bellows and Drew Holcomb from this list. They'd fit right in.

The Lone Bellow are playing the Cambridge Folk Festival this year, so unlikely to return a month later for EOTR.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing exciting there though for a tenth anniversary. It's safe and as I say they used all their money getting Sufjan.

Deeply disappointing.

I await your alternative line up!

Its a good, varied line up, with a few dull bands to make the stage clashes less annoying.

There's nothing exciting there though for a tenth anniversary. It's safe and as I say they used all their money getting Sufjan.

Deeply disappointing.

Keep taking the tablets. It's possibly the best lineup ever. All deeply subjective of course.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Polyphonic Spree have just announced a tour in early September, playing Beginning Stages in full, with a gap on the 6th...

Nope - playing the Moseley Folk Festival on the 6th. Makes sense as they played Lunar Fest last year, run by the same people.

Also playing at Moseley - Spiritualized, Dawes and The Monkees (!!!).

• 1 month later...

i do feel like the line up this year is a bit bog standard / the same old buzz bands.. lots and lots that i like and am excited for, but it's all quite predictable. i feel like we deserve some acts that are more 'special'.. polyphonic spree are at moseley that weekend (and are free on the 4th), bill wells & aidan moffat just got announced for latitude, william onyeabor's atomic bomb is at the meltdown festival in august (as is david longstreth) and jim o'rourke has a new record out.

these are all VERY eotr-type acts. why haven't they book 'em? they offer something 'different', something special. i really like future islands et al but they're the type of acts that play every festival and are a bit.. obvious. what's wrong with some risks or some acts that are more 'out there'?

i do feel like the line up this year is a bit bog standard / the same old buzz bands.. lots and lots that i like and am excited for, but it's all quite predictable. i feel like we deserve some acts that are more 'special'.. polyphonic spree are at moseley that weekend (and are free on the 4th), bill wells & aidan moffat just got announced for latitude, william onyeabor's atomic bomb is at the meltdown festival in august (as is david longstreth) and jim o'rourke has a new record out.

these are all VERY eotr-type acts. why haven't they book 'em? they offer something 'different', something special. i really like future islands et al but they're the type of acts that play every festival and are a bit.. obvious. what's wrong with some risks or some acts that are more 'out there'?

More out there the better for me. Good call for David longstreth . Jim O`Rourke yes that's my definition of special .

For most EOTR goers, I think getting Sufjan is probably enough to compensate for the otherwise lack of 'special' acts that don't tour that often or do all the festivals. I agree that it's a bit safe on the whole, but there are some bands which offer something a bit different ie. Fumaça Preta.

Edited by ljsawyer