Caravans

okerich

Hi, I live quite locally to Tilshead Caravans. I know that they deliver caravans to site but have no personal experience of that. We have hired a motorhome from them for Glasto over the past 3 years and have one booked for 2015! Hurrah!!

We have had a couple of small problems but the vans have been fine in every respect.

Might be worth contacting them pretty quickly as they sell out!

Hi, I live quite locally to Tilshead Caravans. I know that they deliver caravans to site but have no personal experience of that. We have hired a motorhome from them for Glasto over the past 3 years and have one booked for 2015! Hurrah!!

We have had a couple of small problems but the vans have been fine in every respect.

Might be worth contacting them pretty quickly as they sell out!

Oh great, you have a caravan. I would imagine that a couple of advantages of having it delivered would be to save you from towing it yourself through the queues along the small lanes near the site and it being delivered early.

Give the office a ring, they will explain all. They are very approachable. Sorry I can't help more!

You will still need to get a Campervan ticket when you pay your ticket balance.

My understanding is you park next to your caravan so lugging stuff wouldn't be a problem.

I would say the advantage of it being delivered is it will be there ready from Wed, so you can arrive when you want and you will not have to worry about getting a decent pitch etc. So in that sense you will not have the same draw backs as bringing it yourself as you could in theory arrive at a quieter time.

Thanks we have been lucky enough to hire a caravan but just trying to work out if there are benefits from it being delivered and how do we find it etc ?

Make sure you get an East Campervan pass when they go on sale as pre delivery is only available that side. I have copied and pasted a section from GFL website that should answer your above question, there is a lot more info here too :)http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/info-campervans-and-caravans/

"How do I arrange for my hired campervan/caravan to get on and off site?
We have developed a system with the contractors delivering the campervans/caravans so they can use the hire document/delivery note to bring the vehicle on to the Festival site. The contractor will need to arrange access to the fields by contacting the Off-Site Manager through the Festival Site Office. The ticket holder then uses the campervan/caravan permit to get into the site when they arrive later.
After the Festival, it is not possible to gain access to the site to pick up a caravan between 1400 hours on Sunday afternoon and 1800 hours on Monday evening. Campervan fields staff leave on Monday at 1800 hours, but caravans can be left until Tuesday for a contractor to pick up. However, this is at
the contractor's risk. The Festival accepts no responsibility for any caravan left after the fields close at 1800 hours on Monday. "

I usually do about four fests a year in my caravan and also this year took it to a wedding (not the actual wedding but I stayed at a site nearby). Having your own caravan means you know how it works and what you've got stored. You can load up everything the day before you set off so when you arrive it's unhook, drop the legs, switch on the gas and away you go.

I've also got a full-sized awning (well worth it). Doubles the size of the van and provides a spacious social area. You won't get that with one you hire.

Make sure you get an East Campervan pass when they go on sale as pre delivery is only available that side. I have copied and pasted a section from GFL website that should answer your above question, there is a lot more info here too :)http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/info-campervans-and-caravans/

"How do I arrange for my hired campervan/caravan to get on and off site?
We have developed a system with the contractors delivering the campervans/caravans so they can use the hire document/delivery note to bring the vehicle on to the Festival site. The contractor will need to arrange access to the fields by contacting the Off-Site Manager through the Festival Site Office. The ticket holder then uses the campervan/caravan permit to get into the site when they arrive later.
After the Festival, it is not possible to gain access to the site to pick up a caravan between 1400 hours on Sunday afternoon and 1800 hours on Monday evening. Campervan fields staff leave on Monday at 1800 hours, but caravans can be left until Tuesday for a contractor to pick up. However, this is at
the contractor's risk. The Festival accepts no responsibility for any caravan left after the fields close at 1800 hours on Monday. "

Thanks for you help really useful :)

• 4 weeks later...

Found out now that caravan gets delivered Wednesday am , they ring and tell you where it is we rock up , park the car and open the cider ! Happy days :)

Are you sure you can drive in to the CV fields like that? I didn't think they let cars in. Although if you've booked a van I guess they should. You might want to check tho?