Worthy View Accommodation 2015 will be available here midday on Monday 27th October.

StoneCircle

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of interest, what's WV booking like? Is it a mad rush to secure a place, or can you take your time?

I'm not looking to book at all, just curious.

I wondered that too. I also wondered, do you get to know your pitch number or whatever so your tent is already allocated, or is it a case of first to arrive get to pick the best spots?

I wondered that too. I also wondered, do you get to know your pitch number or whatever so your tent is already allocated, or is it a case of first to arrive get to pick the best spots?

Tents pre allocated so you get the same tent whenever you arrive there's a "reception" tipi that shows you your allocated accommodation

Tents pre allocated so you get the same tent whenever you arrive there's a "reception" tipi that shows you your allocated accommodation

Ah, cool, I just wondered. It would have been a bummer for folks who can't arrive till Friday if they just got whatever was left. I've no intention of ever staying there but thanks for the info :)

I cant arrive until friday evening (teacher) so WV seems like a good option to me!! luckily I can stay over until monday morning.

In the picture on the glasto page does anyone know what the orange tents nearest to the entrance are??

Or where the podpads are situated?

Thanks

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/worthy-view-pre-erected-camping/

Car as my friend doesn't drink. It'll take 10 minutes

And the walk to and from the car park, and the queuing each day, not withholding the near impossibility of avoiding the one way (wrong way) on the Sunday....

OY!

Brave Sir Robin!

Nice to meet you (and that Scouse Gnome :) and Neil) at the meet on the Weds this year - if you can remember...

When's the Spotify list starting for 2015?

Or do you have something different in mind this time? A wish list-list playlist in the build-up?

You are the ideal person to compile...

Hey Woffy! Good to meet you too (and Neil, Scottie, the Gnome and everyone else I spoke to - surprisingly nice bunch with a few ciders inside them!). I seem to remember you making some comment about expecting me to be older - not sure if I should take that as a compliment or an insult...

I expect I'll get back on to the playlist in the New Year, unless we get a headliner or a load of SRs before then.

And cheers for the suggestion, but a wishlist would basically be everyone I like who's still alive, so pretty pointless really!

It's gonna be my first time going to WV - i'm not necessarily fussed but friend is insistent we do it. How bad can a hill really be? And also does anyone know where the podpads are situtated within WV?

Look, as far as I know nobody failed to scale the hill each and every night but it really ain't pleasant believe me. That aside WV is a decent option but for me, I like to return to base once a day to restock supplies etc and this is not an option at WV.

Regarding the Orange tents and pod pads I think the Orange tents are 2 man scouts if I remember correctly but they are scattered around WV so there's no guarantees you'll get one of those. Also with the pod pads the ones I saw this year were out of shot to the left further up the hill but again there may be more elsewhere

Also if you are considering WV and plan to return before 5am then ear plugs may be an option due to the locality of Arcadia to WV. Not a problem for me as I sleep like a log but not great for some I'm sure

It's gonna be my first time going to WV - i'm not necessarily fussed but friend is insistent we do it. How bad can a hill really be? And also does anyone know where the podpads are situtated within WV?

The hill is steep, uphill wander from park/Pennards/greenfields and then short steep bit to the gate. The worst bit is 7 mins (I timed it!) of steep steps up to WV. It is however doable. Fantastic view! Pod pads were quite far back, the more expensive options were nearest to the car park but furthest away from Pennard gate. They might move next year of course. The orange tents were 2 man (lots of different colours)

Do you get electric points for phones etc in Worthy View? Or is it just a tent?

Does seem expensive - camping near the entrance gates is normally pretty quiet and less of a walk than worthy view, so it's a lot of cash for a basic tent up a hill

Stopped off site at a B&B for about £350 last year for 6 nights and got nice shower and breakfast each morning. Getting off site is easy by shuttle bus

Staying off site isn't for most people but very practical to do If a nice sleep each night is vital to surviving the festival, and not much more than Worthy View

Stayed in WV in 2013, hill isn't that bad to be honest, we stopped for a little rest and preparation break at the Pennard Hill gate on our way home most mornings, nice view over the site. It's not a lot of fun, but no worse than taking on a few flights of stairs at once.

With regard to atmosphere, it wasn't a wild party, but you could hang out by the bar where there was a bonfire going and you almost always would have people to chat to, and we got to know our tent neighbours, had chats over breakfast and when we got in.

Not sure if they still did last year, but the reception tents did have power and if you asked nicely would plug in a phone for you for a bit.