Adele

brettredmayne

2 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Is this cancelled tour indiscretion enough for the world to declare Adele officially cancelled? 

She’s cancelled herself! 😂

Her Glastonbury headline show was hardly a feast for the eyes. Just her, a backdrop and her band/backing vocalists. What exactly else is there that she would need? It’s not like she has backing dancers or choreographed pyrotechnics or anything like that. Feels like piss poor form to can it all when there’s no real need to. Just play the big hitters and a load of new album stuff, job done.

A cynic would wonder if something else has gone on behind the scenes and Covid is just being used as a front.

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Her Glastonbury headline show was hardly a feast for the eyes. Just her, a backdrop and her band/backing vocalists. What exactly else is there that she would need? It’s not like she has backing dancers or choreographed pyrotechnics or anything like that. Feels like piss poor form to can it all when there’s no real need to. Just play the big hitters and a load of new album stuff, job done.

A cynic would wonder if something else has gone on behind the scenes and Covid is just being used as a front.

Exactly. Cancel her!

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Possibly. But the impression given is that she literally waited til the last minute to say something. Somebody on production and management had to be telling her it was possible to make it happen. There should have been a cut off date so that there couldve been consideration for people travelling. Tons of posts of people at airports freaking out and such about that. 

If you wanted to look at any red flags, then maybe the lack of rehearsal footage or teasers mightve been it. Why wouldnt Adele show off some little bits of the show to get some excitement going? Kacey Musgraves for example posted a couple things this last week leading up to her tour starting a couple days ago. So you had faith the show was going on at least. Even Tool posted a rehearsal video right before they started their tour when we were all at a high point of concern for gigs a couple weeks ago. Adele was more than comfortable leaking parts of her album on instagram, so hiding the vegas thing is odd.

@Hugh Jassyou know I am a fan of Adele and champion her corner. But I too think something smells off with this. She has a pretty bad track record with cancelling shows for weird reasons, and it wouldn’t surprise me if she had a panic about something small that blew up into a big issue and that made her want to pull the plug on the whole thing.

I guess her history with live shows and cancellations makes her side of this story look a bit doubtful. Katy Perry has just started a vegas residency and if you look at the production behind that it’s crazy. I can’t imagine Adele would be after more than that?

Unless she really was going balls to the wall with production?

I too am sceptical about the rescheduled shows too… she has a habit of cancelling, saying she will reschedule, and then it just floats in the ether.

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

@Hugh Jassyou know I am a fan of Adele and champion her corner. But I too think something smells off with this. She has a pretty bad track record with cancelling shows for weird reasons, and it wouldn’t surprise me if she had a panic about something small that blew up into a big issue and that made her want to pull the plug on the whole thing.

I guess her history with live shows and cancellations makes her side of this story look a bit doubtful. Katy Perry has just started a vegas residency and if you look at the production behind that it’s crazy. I can’t imagine Adele would be after more than that?

Unless she really was going balls to the wall with production?

I too am sceptical about the rescheduled shows too… she has a habit of cancelling, saying she will reschedule, and then it just floats in the ether.

Not sure what she would be going balls to wall with? She’s not a physical performer, she just stands there and sings. And her music doesn’t exactly lend itself to bombastic production.

Tonight was meant to be opening night I understand and if she had to cancel this weekend due to half her crew being down Covid that would suck for those with tickets but would be forgivable.  But pulling the whole thing? I call bullshit!

50 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

I feel less sorry for those who can afford £26k a ticket.

I’m pretty sure they will be able to find something else to do in Vegas! 

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

There’s no way that’s how much they cost originally, but on the resale market I wouldn’t at all be surprised if people were awful enough to charge that much and others stupid enough to pay it. 

Highest regular priced ticket was $800 plus fees. I think I put some screenshots in the gig prices thread or in here. There were a lot of tickets bought off book too. Its Vegas, its seeing a huge superstar in a relatively small space so theyre were gonna pay. Celebs werent gonna care about the cost anyway. Bitcoin chasers had money to burn. Just a perfect storm.

3 hours ago, henry bear said:

Perhaps she saw Katy Perry’s extravaganza and saw something lacking in her own show

Gaga had a pretty elaborate show when she did the Enigma dates. Pretty much everyone has a top tier production. Gonna see Shania Twain next month for $20 because Live Nation had a deal and I jumped on it. Def wouldve gone to Gwen Stefani if there were dates I had been able to sort when it was happening.

20 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Think something else is going to on imo 

She's realised that she can't sing anything other than depressing break up songs?

She's had history cancelling shows long before some person ate an infected bat.

Adele and cancelled gigs is a synonym with Mud at Glastonbury

From what I've read, and who know what of anything out there is anywhere near true...

The issue is that someone somewhere was pushing for a big elaborate show and Adele was pushing back on it and they couldn't come to an agreement on what the show was going to be. I'm sure Covid maybe did play a part in places, but with someone like Adele, they would have made it work if that was all that was holding them up. 

2 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

From what I've read, and who know what of anything out there is anywhere near true...

The issue is that someone somewhere was pushing for a big elaborate show and Adele was pushing back on it and they couldn't come to an agreement on what the show was going to be. I'm sure Covid maybe did play a part in places, but with someone like Adele, they would have made it work if that was all that was holding them up. 

Fairly sure this is the sort of thing that gets agreed before anything is even signed.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Fairly sure this is the sort of thing that gets agreed before anything is even signed.

Also it surely becomes irrelevant once all the tickets were sold? Could literally have just been Adele and her band on stage with the house lights and people wouldn't give a shit. They're not expecting Pink levels of theatrics.

On 1/24/2022 at 3:30 AM, Tartan_Glasto said:

Confirmed by TMZ.  

https://www.tmz.com/2022/01/25/adele-show-postponed-disputes-not-covid-vegas-residency/

Expectation now that it is unlikely the shows will be rescheduled this year. This leads me to think this probably won’t happen. Apparently Keith urban and Rod Stewart have the venue booked out until late 2022.

She has a terrible track record for rescheduling shows and I think this is the next chapter in it.