Adele

brettredmayne

53 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Can’t resist can you?

She had that choice and now we’re here. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Cant imagine the people who are on a plane right now are thinking when they got the news. Obviously it sounds like they were trying to work round the clock to get the production done but its not as if they had a lot of time to get it together either since she only recently signed the deal.

Just now, kingbadger said:

To be honest, what a shit thing to do. Feel awful for all those ticket holders who have spent $$$$ on booking to go to Vegas to see her and can't get a refund for anything other than their ticket.

She don’t care.  I remember our Wembley gig being cancelled and being told that those with Tickets would get first chance at her next shows…. Went well

Random question, but how much is it fair to blame the artist when something like this happens?

Obviously there will have been a massive production team working on this. Whoever was in charge of that fucked up by not managing things properly - in particular, not making the call to postpone earlier.

But ultimately would Adele have chosen that person - so the buck stops with her? 

I dunno. There's something about music & gigs that puts a greater responsibility on performers for the entire production, and I don't know enough about the industry to know if that's fair or not...

3 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Random question, but how much is it fair to blame the artist when something like this happens?

Obviously there will have been a massive production team working on this. Whoever was in charge of that fucked up by not managing things properly - in particular, not making the call to postpone earlier.

But ultimately would Adele have chosen that person - so the buck stops with her? 

I dunno. There's something about music & gigs that puts a greater responsibility on performers for the entire production, and I don't know enough about the industry to know if that's fair or not...

I think the buck has to stop with her. This isn't a newcomer who doesn't understand how the business works or what the potential pitfalls are in putting on a show.. She's an established artist with experience of shows in Arenas and Stadiums all over the world, and more than enough clout to basically get everything exactly how she wants.

You'd have to assume that regardless of the people who are employed to work on the show, she has final say in everything of substance, certainly on the artistic side.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Hot take: I think Adele's untouchable status has led to a very poor decision here — whether on her part, her team's, or both.

There are a number of questions about the validity of the covid excuse, especially as all shows up until April are rescheduled and no-one close to the tour/setup has given a hint that anything is amiss. That's not just one or two weekend's worth of unlucky punters. That's thousands of people putting money into non-refundable or reversible flights, accommodation, childcare, work leave plans, etc.

An outpouring of sycophantic heart emojis from wine moms on Instagram seems to have blotted out fans who are in the red for serious money as a result of this. A stripped-down Adele show is better than none at all and, given the length of the scheduled run, could have absolutely been achieved — even if you had to start in Feb. (Being real, she isn't exactly performing on top of an LED cube or with 500 white tigers)

If you want to take a cynical view, she has a track record of cancelling shows and has stated openly many times she hates touring. Personally I'm not buying this as a covid issue. At the very least, tell people at the start of the week not with 24hrs to go for a Vegas residency which is explicitly targeted towards people who have to travel.

It all leaves a pretty bad taste, and I'm not sure a teary Insta video cuts it.

Exactly my thought. Even Adele just sat on a stool with a pianist next to her would have been enough for the fans I think. The logistics/covid reasoning doesn’t hold up for sacking it off altogether when people are in the air flying to Vegas. I don’t want to accuse Adele of anything, so I can only think there’s more to this story than she’s letting on. Doesn’t look good on the face of it though.

17 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Hot take: I think Adele's untouchable status has led to a very poor decision here — whether on her part, her team's, or both.

There are a number of questions about the validity of the covid excuse, especially as all shows up until April are rescheduled and no-one close to the tour/setup has given a hint that anything is amiss. That's not just one or two weekend's worth of unlucky punters. That's thousands of people putting money into non-refundable or reversible flights, accommodation, childcare, work leave plans, etc.

An outpouring of sycophantic heart emojis from wine moms on Instagram seems to have blotted out fans who are in the red for serious money as a result of this. A stripped-down Adele show is better than none at all and, given the length of the scheduled run, could have absolutely been achieved — even if you had to start in Feb. (Being real, she isn't exactly performing on top of an LED cube or with 500 white tigers)

If you want to take a cynical view, she has a track record of cancelling shows and has stated openly many times she hates touring. Personally I'm not buying this as a covid issue. At the very least, tell people at the start of the week not with 24hrs to go for a Vegas residency which is explicitly targeted towards people who have to travel.

It all leaves a pretty bad taste, and I'm not sure a teary Insta video cuts it.

The extremely late notice would imply she was hopeful it was going to be ready in time for this weekend, but they just came up short and had no choice but to cancel. However, if the show was touch and go for this weekend, this doesn't explain why she has postponed all dates - surely they would be ready for next weekend, or the weekend after at the latest.  The whole thing stinks and can't help feeling we are not getting the whole truth here.  Feel really sorry for all those who have spent a lot of money on this.  Really poor form.

Edited by circus92

A residency is basically a theatre show. Everyone must be somewhat replaceable other than the star.

One of my favourite anecdotes in the second Robbie Williams book is when him, his wife Ayda, Beyoncé and Jay Z went to Adele's house for a barbecue she was throwing them (along with her husband). And then Adele no showed it.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

Exactly my thought. Even Adele just sat on a stool with a pianist next to her would have been enough for the fans I think. The logistics/covid reasoning doesn’t hold up for sacking it off altogether when people are in the air flying to Vegas. I don’t want to accuse Adele of anything, so I can only think there’s more to this story than she’s letting on. Doesn’t look good on the face of it though.

My immediate thinking as well.

It's a solo artist. A microphone, a PA and a backing track is surely all that is needed.

But then there's the lighting, stewarding, refreshments, etc...

I'm now wondering what the bare minimum staffing levels would be to put on a one person show in a venue like wherever she was meant to be playing. 

Be absolutely devastating for the poor people on the way to the show , most will not be able to afford to rebook a trip like this for a very long time if ever again .

Reading the comments and obviously a lot of people upset with legit reasons , the Wembley incident has soured her for a lot and there must be more to this then just it not been ready.  

Edited by brettredmayne

Crazy that she's cancelled so many date in advance rather than a week or two to get things ready. 

A lot of anger online from people who say they've booked flights and hotels. 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

How much are the tickets for these shows? There’s reports of people paying £26k. Surely that can’t be right??! 

There’s no way that’s how much they cost originally, but on the resale market I wouldn’t at all be surprised if people were awful enough to charge that much and others stupid enough to pay it. 

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

There’s no way that’s how much they cost originally, but on the resale market I wouldn’t at all be surprised if people were awful enough to charge that much and others stupid enough to pay it. 

Crazy!