Adele

brettredmayne

Shes come out and said a few times now she doesnt want to play festivals and has already turned down a headline spot. Its not going to happen.

I agree it's unlikely, but there nothing to stop her changing her mind.

She'll certainly go down better than last time she played.

Adele live at Glastonbury: http://youtu.be/vpaUPa5Jf4U

What's up with her voice? She always seems to have an issue with it - is it that fragile?

Personally, I don't really want to see Adele, in comparison with who Glasto could book. She's ok, but massively overrated in my books.

Agreed - her tone is quite nice but technically she's a terrible singer. Edited by ICGenie

I really don't think Adele has the energy to occupy the Pyramid Stage. As good and successful as she is I think it'd be a wasted slot and kind of would spoil the party.

Look at Lana Del Rey, who is a similar artist this year. She went down like a lead balloon.

Adele would be more singalonging, hands in the air type moments, also it would work better in the dark and I'm sure she'd have a huge crowd that would love her regardless of how she performs. Personally, I'd be at a different stage but she'd certainly be a safer booking than any of the headliners last year (not that any of them were particularly leftfield - although Metallica slightly i guess).

Adele would be more singalonging, hands in the air type moments, also it would work better in the dark and I'm sure she'd have a huge crowd that would love her regardless of how she performs. Personally, I'd be at a different stage but she'd certainly be a safer booking than any of the headliners last year (not that any of them were particularly leftfield - although Metallica slightly i guess).

I suppose it'd be alright.

I may seem slightly biased towards rock and metal and may be possibly too harsh towards my dis preferred area of Chart and Pop music but I'd much rather have Kanye or Jay-Z or Beyoncé or Lady Gaga. Seems a bit funner to watch live.

Or put NIN or Tool on the Other Stage I guess.

Adele's music isn't full of energy and excitement but then everyone knows that so if they want to go nuts then they can try another band somewhere else.

At the end of the day, if you pay any attention to stats/sales/etc, she is more than popular enough to be a headliner.

Loads of posts on Facebook saying she isn't a headliner.

Guess some people missed her last album selling 30 million copies and becoming the 4th best selling album of all time in the UK.