Bearded Theory 2015

Ringo_Spar

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sunday is my 50th birthday and with the Beat already announced I am once very happy man.

Add Gaz Brookfield and Dizraeli to that on the Friday and regardless of who is the Sunday headliner I am going to have a fab weekend. Let's not forget that Nevillie Staple is already headlining another stage on the Sunday!!

How many days to go?

It's worth noting that there are other reasons that an artist may impose advertising/announcement restrictions, as people have jumped to the conclusion that 1st December will be after a tour has finished.

It could be that they have a string of festival appearances booked and want them all to have a fair crack of the whip, and not to let any single event get a head start. It could be that there is a tour to be announced which includes the festival as a part of it. It might be contractual obligations to other events and shows they have already signed for. Could be that the artist has some big news to announce and the particular agreed date ties in with that, a new album release, for instance, or just the breaking of the news that they have a new album coming out.

Edited by Ringo_Spar

It's worth noting that there are other reasons that an artist may impose advertising/announcement restrictions, as people have jumped to the conclusion that 1st December will be after a tour has finished.

It could be that they have a string of festival appearances booked and want them all to have a fair crack of the whip, and not to let any single event get a head start. It could be that there is a tour to be announced which includes the festival as a part of it. It might be contractual obligations to other events and shows they have already signed for. Could be that the artist has some big news to announce and the particular agreed date ties in with that, a new album release, for instance, or just the breaking of the news that they have a new album coming out.

Its all part of the fun though, jumping to conclusions, trying to dissect the clues, love it me. I'm still a little bit shocked the Buzzcocks aren't headlining, when I saw there name, presumed they were. The line up is already good enough for me, just being greedy wanting more. Is there going to be any comedy on this year anyone know?

Edited by Perks

James would be a popular choice I have to say, they consistantly get requested for but the official answer has always been that they are way over budget! That said, BT may have done a deal although I doubt it (if I'm honest I think they are a bit dull...ahem :sarcastic:).

As for the Prodigy, the've headlined the likes of Download so unless Rich has won the Euromillions I very much doubt it... :biggrin: Cracking lineup so far though! Still holding out for Wilko...

Hi all.. Magical Sounds Dance Tent line-up coming together really well. Should have an announcement by the end of the month..

As for The Prodigy - The greatest dance act of all times imho.. never say never.. virtual impossibility but virtual means theres a slither of opportunity should they want to play a dance tent at a proper grassroots festival.. lets keep dreaming..

I like folks jumping to conclusions and people going mad when they find out what we have really booked (I think an act this year had a bit of that).

Been a bizarre year booking bands with even more agents seeming to go for exclusives or holding out for an exclusive offer for their acts from one of the bigger festivals. This activity seems to have spread down the line to bands of circa £1k now who are up and coming which I hadn't really noticed before. That said I know friends who run other more trendy festivals and this issue is a lot more common. So it was probably still there just that we hadn't noticed it; its only next years line up where we have looked at bringing a bit more youth onto the line up that. Just a shame that bands who really need to muster up a following are restricting themselves on the festival circuit where they have a good opportunity to play in front of a mixed audience that wouldn't normally go to see them.

I did win £2.89 on the Euro Millions on Friday but I don't think that would get very far with the Prodigy sadly.

Edited by R1ch

I did win £2.89 on the Euro Millions on Friday but I don't think that would get very far with the Prodigy sadly.

Well I won £5:10 on Friday which you can have if you book the Prodigy, so that makes it £7.99, are we getting closer ?

I suppose you could start a kickstarter campaign ......erm....... then again maybe not :lol:

BTW as usual brilliant line-up so far :clapping:

Talking of Culture Club as we were, forced to cancel their UK and Euro tour due to issues with George's throat and vocal chords. Shame if you got a ticket but he's been told by the docs that if he does the tour he could cause irreparable damage.

The way he sounded on Strictly* the other week, it sounds like the damage is already done.

*Get over it.

Me & the wife are giving Bearded Theory a go this year. First time we have been and really looking forward to it. We usually go to Glastonbury however we have decided to leave it alone for a few years due to GF becoming far too much hastle & didn't enjoy it as much this year.

Just wondered what to expect and if anyone had any tips?

Me & the wife are giving Bearded Theory a go this year. First time we have been and really looking forward to it. We usually go to Glastonbury however we have decided to leave it alone for a few years due to GF becoming far too much hastle & didn't enjoy it as much this year.

Just wondered what to expect and if anyone had any tips?

Ah dude, you've made a smashing choice, this festival is amazing. Its everything you want out of a festival, I fell in love with it, now cant imagine not going. You'll love it. Loads to see and do, lovely vibe, lovely people. Cant recommend it enough.