Ringo_Spar

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...on a side note

I thought I would try out these this weekend

ncguop.jpg

They pack flat(ish), you then squeeze them and you get instant cold, hopefully they should cool my beer, worth a go I suppose :)

Aren't they meant for putting on sprains and injuries?

Says they reach ambient temperature in 10 mins so not sure how effective they would be at cooling down beer.

s'pose you could tape a couple round a can and use them as a can cooler while you drink it :)

Pics being posted by BT Facebook page.

Meet is in Gail's tea tent 4pm Friday its blue white stripey tent.

Not sure where oxfam camping.

Hobos can't play till later on hence time change on thursday.

Pronghorn tweeted they are on at 3.

Next up for us are these 3 crackers. Ropemakers 9pm kick off, Bearded Theory Main Stage 3pm and Country Fair at... /LFBukipEnU

looking forward to Pronghorn .. in fact Saturday afternoon on main stage is superb

.....& last year

on Saturday the first act started at 12:00 on the main stage

& on Sunday the beard world record was 11:30- 12:00 and then the first act started at 12:05

thanks both - great sleuthing ;)

I understand that the organisers have highlighted that the Clashfinder is inaccurate - but at least 50% of the stage times are now as stated by themselves or the bands (with the other bands slotting in).... so while of course it will not be spot on, it should be good enough to be fit for purpose ... i.e. identifying potential clashes ..... it is not the programme and is not intended to replace the programme (which I have pre-purchased!!)

the only codicil is where they may switch the order around (e.g. Cara Dillon / Bill Smarme and whether Jemma Johnson is playing Saturday or Sunday) or where they may have unannounced guest acts slottng in..... but thats all part of festival fun :)

Other than that - the main flaw will be set running times - that remains best guesses over whether an act has 30 minutes or 90 minutes! (notwithstanding the need to fit inbetween other acts that have publicly announced their timings plus the need to avoid overlong "dead time" while permitting minimum changearound times !!)

Edited by archivist

..... it is not the programme and is not intended to replace the programme (which I have pre-purchased!!)

I have 2 programmes from every year I have attended, but I still like a clash finder, who doesnt :)

apart from being the best way to layout a festival line-up (wish the programmes would copy it), also the links to youtube etc is really really handy for those unknown bands

great work BTW :)

what is also interesting is the bands most frequently highlighted by Clashfinder users ....

just under half of punters selecting "the Beat" as an act to see

My mates and I say it's not a festival, unless the beat are playing.

Must have seen Rankin's version of The Beat around a dozen times.

The stats are great, I did a clash finder for last years Galtres festival and I never even knew you could see the stats, oops :blink:

surprised The Beat are the top, not that they arent great live, but you wouldnt think a band who are 4th from the top would be the most highlighted

...and where are Jaya the Cat (who are wonderful) :blink:

the Beat were the only band that I saw every minute of their set at Glasto last year (I am a bit of a 20 minute then move on festival punter - especially at Glasto where there are so many stages!) - could not pull myself away they were so good ;)

I saw the Beat at glasto last year as well and thought the same, really excellent :)

Morning all, 1 more sleep...

According to the clashfinder, the SE Big top and tea tent are running on Thurs, is this the case? so Hobo are on the tea tent after 3DM? Interesting.

Pretty much all sorted now. Booze still locked away in the work cupboard, ready for tomorrow, cakes baked last night, I'll bring some to the meet...although we meeting at 4? me pal informs me that Captain Hotknives is on around then, but looking at the clashfinder he is on around 2.45, so hopefully be able to do both. Need to add the Efests meet to the clashfinder too, ha.

So excited, work is really getting in the way of my planning.

Look right - Gail has updated her FB page saying that so mass dash from Big Top to tea tent at 11pm it is.

Ah I see, cheers Matty. Am not on lamebook, most times this is a good thing, but today its annoying as I cant see SE page or the site build photos....

Mad dash it is then, well as mad as a dash I'll be able for that time on Thursday night

Edited by Perks