Bearded Theory 2015

Ringo_Spar

Starting a new thread for the new year, we're only a little over seven months away, after all.

So far, then, we have The Mission - one I'm hugely proud of - and not just on a UK festival exclusive, but on a UK exclusive! More bookings bubbling away in the background and, no doubt, these are going to make for some great surprises for the BT crowd.

Already announced are Cara Dillon and Neville Staple for The Woodland, which is going to be a wonderful space, moving it on from a great start last year.

I'm aware of a couple of bookings that Gail has made for her new stage, and somehow, you all know, she'll pull in those special guests that you just won't expect!

I know what Phil has been looking at for Majical Sounds and those more inclined to spend time in his tent are not going to be disappointed, plus he'll have some of those acts you already know and love.

Ticket sales got off to a flying start with the early birds being snapped up in next to no time. I think there's some further pallet stage announcements coming up - get ready to gasp in wonder!

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't be my first, going to Brew at the Bog a few weeks earlier, but BT is always a great festival and am really looking forward to it.

Line up will be strong, varied and for the money the festival costs, it is always value for money.

New site changes, layout etc and more permanent infrastructure being put in, should hopefully solve the issues last year. Also the toilets will be back to their usual high standard after last year's blip.

Hoping to go down and work the build again, enjoyed that this year with a week of sunshine.. damn rain coming for the event days ruined what was an awesome 12 days there.

Am sure Rich, Steve and the BT guys/girls won't let us down... can't wait :)

x

Edited by Paul ™

The BT2015 thread.. Ace..

Looking forward to The Mission, was telling a mate they're on, told me he saw them in 91 with New Model Army, Henry Rollins Band & others supporting.. Called him a liar then found the programme while helping him move house a few days ago.. Badass..

Anyway, nice one.. See you's in May

The BT2015 thread.. Ace..

Looking forward to The Mission, was telling a mate they're on, told me he saw them in 91 with New Model Army, Henry Rollins Band & others supporting.. Called him a liar then found the programme while helping him move house a few days ago.. Badass..

Anyway, nice one.. See you's in May

Was that the Finsbury Park one? I went to that :)

20100123-095502-058172.jpg

Were BT looking help building a treehouse next Jan or did I dream it? !!!!

Dude, I swear I was gonna ask the same thing. Honestly that has freaked me out. I have looked on the net today and can't see it anywhere. But I defo read it somewhere. I'd be well interested in that.

Was that the Finsbury Park one? I went to that :)

20100123-095502-058172.jpg

Ah man you saw Killing Joke? Dude, you have well made up for that Bon Jovi gig you went too!! Bet Killing Joke were great. I asked for them on the BT website couple of years ago. Be class

Ah man you saw Killing Joke? Dude, you have well made up for that Bon Jovi gig you went too!! Bet Killing Joke were great. I asked for them on the BT website couple of years ago. Be class

Yeah but we missed Henry Rollins and Bleach as we were in a fantastic nearby pub getting seriously drunk. I remember little of Killing Joke other than Love Like Blood, I was playing Twister when NMA were on but The Mission were fantastic.

I'm afraid fires of any kind, anywhere are a big no, and to avoid hassle for yourselves and the stewards/security it's best not to try. There is an organised fire in the 24 hour area (I think).

That needs clarification for next year then since this year our Oxfam supervisors we're being told that raised, off ground fires and BBQ's were allowed in the campsites....

That needs clarification for next year then since this year our Oxfam supervisors we're being told that raised, off ground fires and BBQ's were allowed in the campsites....

From the general information page of BT website:

"No open fires are allowed at Bearded Theory and we have an optional communal area for people who would like to use gas stoves. We have a communal camp fire in the healing area each evening - enjoy.

Off the ground BBQs are allowed."

No further clarification necessary - fires of any kind are not allowed and never have been.