The Park 2015

Tuna

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigur Ros are definitely big enough to headline Other. people forget that their last few albums have managed to reach the top 10 over here and they sell out most of the sizeable gigs they do here, as well as headlining smaller festivals such as EOTR. if Portishead can do it then Sigur Ros definitely can

Loving most of the suggestions so far, my suggestions/hopes (some more likely than others):

Neutral Milk Hotel

Vashti Bunyan

Run The Jewels

MF DOOM in some guise, preferably Madvillain (hell, a man can dream...)

Joey Bada$$

Slint

Ezra Furman

Todd Terje

Mac Demarco

American Football

The Avalanches (if they ever release their new album)

Wolf Alice

Liars

Unknown Mortal Orchestra

Loving most of the suggestions so far, my suggestions/hopes (some more likely than others):

Neutral Milk Hotel

Vashti Bunyan

Run The Jewels

Joey Bada$$

Slint

Ezra Furman

Todd Terje

Mac Demarco

American Football

Wolf Alice

Liars

Unknown Mortal Orchestra

not sure how likely some of these would be for the Park but yes to all of them at the festival

Neutral Milk Hotel

Vashti Bunyan

Run The Jewels

Joey Bada$$

Slint

Ezra Furman

Todd Terje

Mac Demarco

American Football

Wolf Alice

Liars

Unknown Mortal Orchestra

Not sure Wolf Alice would be on the PArk after JP this year.

Run The Jewels would be ace. As would MF Doom but I think that's less likely.

I'm new to glasto but would it be right to say, at least based on the recommendations on this page and past line-ups, that the Park is the place to be especially acts wise?

It was my first time there this year and the park was my favourite part of the site.

Will def spend more time there next year

I'm new to glasto but would it be right to say, at least based on the recommendations on this page and past line-ups, that the Park is the place to be especially acts wise?

If you like a certain type of music, then yes. It also helps that the Park as an area is beautiful, exciting and loads of fun. Great food stalls, one of Glasto's best stages, the Stone Circle within a minute's walk and the Rabbit Hole to boot.

I like this thread. Since we're obviously lacking an Arcade Fire thread this year, then this might be the one to settle down in.

I love the Park and it's like a festival in itself but it's annoying as hell to get to and from the main music area, so I generally end up spending a few hours of one day each year there. If it had a lineup anything like most of the acts on this thread then I'd probably camp next to it and spend the whole weekend there but there's only really three or four and then a lot of alright but none-too-exciting indie and folk rock.

Was my first year too and The Park was easily my favourite place. Nice vibe around that area and a great lineup (4 of my top 5 sets all took place there). Location might be awkward for some but I was camping just up the hill in Oxlyers and didn't visit Pyramid/JP much so The Park was quite close to everything I did

I love the Park and it's like a festival in itself but it's annoying as hell to get to and from the main music area, so I generally end up spending a few hours of one day each year there. If it had a lineup anything like most of the acts on this thread then I'd probably camp next to it and spend the whole weekend there but there's only really three or four and then a lot of alright but none-too-exciting indie and folk rock.

All true.

I think what sets it apart from the other stages is the fantastic location and you can really get close to the bands.

Some great bars and food as well

Also, it tends not to be the nme flavour of the month or radio 1 playlisters so caters for some decent underground stuff

The Park is awesome if you're up for seeing a few acts in a row / spend some time there but as others have said, if you're just hoping to see one act in between other acts elsewhere then it can be a bit of a pain in the arse and i've missed a few great acts playing there / elsewhere because of it. definitely my favourite area though. made a lot more effort to spend time there this year and don't regret it

I do love The Park, south of the railway line is the best part of the festival for me. I sadly didn't spend too much time there this year, because I took a shine to the William's Green/Theatre and Circus/Cabaret/Acoustic side of things once the music kicked off, so I definitely want to be there more next year (NFiR NFC). I did notice it was an absolute fucking tip when I was up there though, is this a new thing that's happened since Arcadia set up there, or am I only just seeing it now? I went on Thursday morning and it was vile, I think that's what kept me from visiting again until Sunday, to be honest.