Your motivations and expectations when attending a music festival

Natalia's Dissertation

Hello Everyone,

I‘m an International Events Management student from London and currently writing my dissertation on millennials’ expectations and motivations towards music festivals. If you are aged between 15 and 33, would you please do me a favour and fill out my questionnaire? It will take approximately 5 minutes of your time. I would really appreciate it.

Link to my questionnaire:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RXYCBQ3

Many thanks in advance.

Natalia

Guess us old folk have no expectations or motivation :(

Edited by DeadAmos

I've done it anyway, despite being too old. Some great options for motivation:

"Music festivals are unique" - Which of the 387 festivals taking place next year will be unique?

"I want to meet somebody and become intimate with that person" - getting laid always a priority when deciding to go to a festival.

"I want to consume alcohol and drugs, because everyone does it" - Or I want to consume alcohol 'cos I like it.

Bloomin eck if you're 34 you are too old so no chance for me. Old farts have hopes and expectations too so I filled in the survey anyway.

Maybe as an event management student you need to recognise that life doesn't end in your mid thirties. How about a bit more of an inclusive approach and maybe you might be able to draw some conclusions from the differing responses of a wider age range

Edited by grumpyhack

I’m very sorry that some of you feel offended about the age range. In the past a lot of research has been done on music festival motivations, however none have been done with the focus on Millennials. Therefore my dissertation focuses on Millennials only. Please don’t take it too personal. Thank you for your comments and the participation in my survey. I really appreciate it!

Im very sorry that some of you feel offended about the age range. In the past a lot of research has been done on music festival motivations, however none have been done with the focus on Millennials. Therefore my dissertation focuses on Millennials only. Please dont take it too personal. Thank you for your comments and the participation in my survey. I really appreciate it!

But if you exclude people of other ages from your research, how will you establish the motivations and expectations that are specific to the age range you are particularly interested in? Your survey may find that, for example, 70% of participants go because they like a certain type of music. The same survey conducted with all ages could establish the overall response to that question. Might be higher, lower, or the same.

I'd suggest asking people of all ages to complete your survey, then look for areas where those in the age range you're interested in differ noticeably from the average.

There is an option for 34 and above.................. but I couldn't be bothered as after reading page one it was obvious to me that the person would not understand the replies they got anyway.

There were only two pages so I whipped through it anyway. Even though I also am in the top age bracket...

I’m very sorry that some of you feel offended about the age range. In the past a lot of research has been done on music festival motivations, however none have been done with the focus on Millennials. Therefore my dissertation focuses on Millennials only. Please don’t take it too personal. Thank you for your comments and the participation in my survey. I really appreciate it!

May I suggest that if you only want "millennials" (that's a word?!) to take part you let people know before they click on the link. You might want to bear in mind that a huge amount of the festival demographic is from your top age bracket, especially for Glastonbury.

"millennials" (that's a word?!).

I am guessing the op is after a job in the BBC, I regually listen to the news and have to google some words.

I must be thick I suppose but what ever happened to plain English.

None of us are thick - it is just a word that nobody ever uses in normal life hence we all had to look it up.

Even after looking it up I think the real definition is ""a silly word that tries to make the user look better than the reader that really means bugger all""