Noel Gallagher

Mud Dweller

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep.

If we could just judge NGHFB on the musical output they're actually putting out it'd be fine. It's the people who say they should be headlining Glastonbury because he toured stadiums as part of another project fifteen years ago that grates.

I slightly disagree, only because..

Oasis finished in 2009. So it is only 6 years ago. They were (like them or not) the biggest band in this country album sales and gig attendence wise from 94 - 09. (Gig attendence wise, they must be in the top 2/3 ever I'd guess in Britain)

When you are that big.. only 6 years later, you could headline IMO.

Granted what people want to hear is the really old stuff, but I think you could.

I want to see new acts get a shot. I dont like Biffy Clyro, but I think they are more deserving of a go that Noel, but I think Noel would draw a bigger crowd and especially a bigger TV audience.

Was listening to The Masterplan (album) a few days ago. So many great b-sides, its unbelievable that they 'wasted them', rather than kept them for an album. I suppose that was part of the magic, having 3 b-sides on a single which are as good as the lead song (or better), and Noel obviously thought he was capable of continuing to write songs of that quality forever.

If they had released that as an actual album though, with the odd tweak here and there to make it flow better, I wonder if it would be seen as another classic Oasis album today. For me the quality of the songs on it are every bit as good as DM and WTSMG. There's songs left of it as well which arguably should have been on it, such as D'Yer Wanna Be A Spaceman and Round Are Way.

This is one of the things that frustrates me when people say Oasis only ever made 1 or 2 good albums. There's another bunch of quality songs there which could easily have been another top album. That's for the people who don't rate their stuff after 1995.

Most the great stuff on the Masterplan (and it is a great collection of songs) was no later than 95 though.

Most the great stuff on the Masterplan (and it is a great collection of songs) was no later than 95 though.

Aye I know that, I was just trying to make a point of there being more than just the first two albums. They easily have another great albums worth of stuff on it, it's a shame they didn't save them for an album in a way. A lot of people who don't like the later stuff, would look back on them a bit better. Noel has always been shit with track selections though. Definitely Maybe flows really well so can't complaint about that (even though they left off a handful of great tracks). It's crazy to think that Acquiesce and The Masterplan didn't make WTSMG though. If the b-sides had of been saved, things could have been very different. The Masterplan tracks could have made up the majority of a 3rd album, and Noel could have had an extra couple of years to write more songs, rather than rush Be Here Now (do love that album myself mind, seems nobody on here does). 

The people who are moaning about his jokes about the middle class at latitude obviously weren't there. It was all tongue in cheek and the crowd around me was lapping it up, he certainly looked like he was enjoying himself and sounded great.

If the reaction to the oasis tracks at latitude is anything to go by the mass singalong at the pyramid would be very special indeed, just book him to sub is all I ask

His own stuff sounded great as well, some of the songs of the 2nd album will take a while to bed into the set, but in the heat of the moment and the Mexican were brilliant fun

Edited by swede

The people who are moaning about his jokes about the middle class at latitude obviously weren't there. It was all tongue in cheek and the crowd around me was lapping it up, he certainly looked like he was enjoying himself and sounded great.

If the reaction to the oasis tracks at latitude is anything to go by the mass singalong at the pyramid would be very special indeed, just book him to sub is all I ask

His own stuff sounded great as well, some of the songs of the 2nd album will take a while to bed into the set, but in the heat of the moment and the Mexican were brilliant fun

I've always thought other stage headliner myself when a dance, rap or poppier act were on pyramid but I doubt he'd do it. But subbing with these massive slots they get now (hour 15 minutes is practically a headline slot and wasn't Florence in for an hour and a half this year anyway?) it'd be great. Before foos next year would work I think, similar to how Florence was going to be