Noel Gallagher

Mud Dweller

He did a radio show on 2 during the last album promotional duties.

He bottled it big style when he scrapped the album with the FSOL fellas. I like his music but he plays it far too safe as an artist. Their work on Falling Down was ace as was those Monstrous Pyschedelic mix tapes!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the roses are great and Noel is shit I guess

We all have different opinions on music and I have to disagree with your opinion on Noel. But from a live perspective and how they would go down at a festival, Noel is far better than the Roses. He might not be the virtuoso Squire is on the guitar but he can actually hold a tune for a start.

Noel's arena show was great and he could easily pull off a headline spot. But I expect him to be subbing next year - hope so anyway.

And to contribute to the Mumfords discussion - you can probably work out my age from username, and I don't know a single person who listens to them, never mind likes them.

Noel's arena show was great and he could easily pull off a headline spot. But I expect him to be subbing next year - hope so anyway.

And to contribute to the Mumfords discussion - you can probably work out my age from username, and I don't know a single person who listens to them, never mind likes them.

You know you'll have to change your username next year when you turn 88?

With everyone I know my age (19) Mumford are pretty much laughed off when mentioned..

i'm the opposite end of the age scale to you, but i laugh them off, too. i saw lucinda williams in preference to them a couple of years ago, at glastonbury. in fact, i'd have watched paint drying to the vinyl single of Sugar Sugar [by The Archies] in preference...

We could just have 3 headliners who refer to themselves as god... Noel, Kanye, and......?

By that logic, The 1975 will be headlining next year. That's the exact reason I hate a lot of people my age. They say they love music, then they say their favourite band is Arctic Monkeys (They know about 5 songs), and they love Mumfords and The 1975.

I'm all for Arctics, think they're wicked... But imagine actually liking The 1975. Wouldn't you feel like a bit of a mug?

Arctic Monkeys have filtered down to a crowd that likes The 1975 and You Me At Six. It's cool for young girls to like them, which I find a little odd having been 15/16 when they came about and saw the Oasis-type-lad culture they had for the first few years.

Quite disturbing really. As I get slightly older and move towards the back a little bit more every time I see them, the front always fills with children.

:(

By that logic, The 1975 will be headlining next year. That's the exact reason I hate a lot of people my age. They say they love music, then they say their favourite band is Arctic Monkeys (They know about 5 songs), and they love Mumfords and The 1975.

I'm all for Arctics, think they're wicked... But imagine actually liking The 1975. Wouldn't you feel like a bit of a mug?

Not really, I don’t feel much different about The 1975 than I do Arctic Monkeys. Not arsed either way. Obviously Alex Turner has more talent as a lyricist, but whatever.

Yes, though, Mumford & Sons popularity is probably mainly people around my age who often aren’t really that into music. Which is fine. But it applies to a lot of people.

But imagine actually liking The 1975. Wouldn't you feel like a bit of a mug?

Last year my mates missus said half way through the 1975... "these are areally good arn't they"?

We all en masse looked at her in stunned disbelief. She has become a fan after that "performance". She is 31. I put it down to it being sunday afternoon and having slept for about 10 hours since the monday before.

Nope.. she actually likes them.

Imagine being married to a fan?

UNLUCKY.

Last year my mates missus said half way through the 1975... "these are areally good arn't they"?

We all en masse looked at her in stunned disbelief. She has become a fan after that "performance". She is 31. I put it down to it being sunday afternoon and having slept for about 10 hours since the monday before.

Nope.. she actually likes them.

Imagine being married to a fan?

UNLUCKY.

If you hate them that much what were you doing watching them in the first place?

We could just have 3 headliners who refer to themselves as god... Noel, Kanye, and......?

Yeah but Mumford's record sales are ridiculous (in the US as well) . 1975 are on at a similar level to, say, the vaccines or two door cinema club. I hate mumford massively, like a couple of songs by 1975 - can think of much worse!