Pink Floyd?

Woffy

On 27 September 2018 at 12:46 PM, denwyn said:

...will probably end with Paul McCartney...Just so boring.

I can 'member thinking in 2004, "Macca. He's a has been. Glastonbury is all about hip and happening white boys with guitars".

I can't honestly think about anything I have ever been more wrong about. I've posted on here before about how good that was so much that I'm starting to bore even myself. Just an astonishing setlist. What's boring about Live & Let Die with fireworks? Added to that. The Crowd. Beatlemania was a thing before my time but there were people in that crowd that were treating his appearance like it was close to the second coming or something.

Possibly started the trend of booking old legends.

Macca would be a good booking.

To keep this thread on thread though. Booking David Gilmour would beat that out of the water. Live In Pompei from '16 is just so good. He's never sounded better imo.

One more gig David ("never Dave") Gilmour? Please. It would be epic.

Shame about that grudge he has with the festival isn't it!?

I can hear @russycarps's footsteps.

8 hours ago, MrZigster said:

One more gig David ("never Dave") Gilmour? Please. It would be epic.

Shame about that grudge he has with the festival isn't it!?

Shame about that grudge Roger has with him and Nick too.... As Nick said on Monday "I got sick of waiting for that call from Roger and put my own band together" and "Roger's not good at sharing...."

Really not going to happen is it? At least, nothing more than a solo Roger Waters or Gilmour set

2 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Reckon the absolute best we could hope for would be an Avalon headline set by Nick and his besties, plus a Pyramid headline set from Roger, during which Mason guests for Brain Damage/Eclipse.

Yeah I'd stroll along for both of those - was thinking this week that Nick's Saucerful would be incredible in Avalon, or possibly even The Glade? Fantastic sound there and a little bit of a history of prog appearances

13 hours ago, billum said:

Shame about that grudge Roger has with him and Nick too.... As Nick said on Monday "I got sick of waiting for that call from Roger and put my own band together" and "Roger's not good at sharing...."

Really not going to happen is it? At least, nothing more than a solo Roger Waters or Gilmour set

I think a solo Waters and/or Mason's Saucerful project are way more likely than a David ("never Dave"). I really think he meant it about his retirement.

I still can't believe that RW only did the one London gig in Hyde Park. I reckon they must have bunged him a right sweetener to not put on any more London shows. This is the guy that toured The Wall for two years FFS (that lengthy 'cause it only started showing a profit in the last three months).. I've been to a few gigs this year (no Glasto) and that was by far the most epic. Even the interval was entertaining.

Agreed Not Going To Happen Is It.

No one even has a ticket yet and again Pink Floyd are being debated. Hey. We might get a Led Zep show.

On 9/30/2018 at 12:00 AM, MrZigster said:

I think a solo Waters and/or Mason's Saucerful project are way more likely than a David ("never Dave"). I really think he meant it about his retirement.

I still can't believe that RW only did the one London gig in Hyde Park. I reckon they must have bunged him a right sweetener to not put on any more London shows. This is the guy that toured The Wall for two years FFS (that lengthy 'cause it only started showing a profit in the last three months).. I've been to a few gigs this year (no Glasto) and that was by far the most epic. Even the interval was entertaining.

Agreed Not Going To Happen Is It.

No one even has a ticket yet and again Pink Floyd are being debated. Hey. We might get a Led Zep show.

Solo Walters far more likely than Led Zep I would have thought. Saw his Us & Them gig in London this Summer and closing my eyes it did feel like I was wafching Pink Floyd. 

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
4 hours ago, The Nal said:

Not surprised. He has become so problematic over the last few years. I have no issue with criticism of the Israeli government and their policy towards Palestine, but drawing the Star of David on the side of a pig that you float round your concerts goes hard into undiluted anti-semitism.

His unabashed pro-Kremlin stance is also sickening.

I love much of Pink Floyd's music, but man's a count.

21 minutes ago, The Nal said:

He doesnt have a pro Kremlin stance tbf.

To be fair, he f**king does, even if he says he doesn't.

Saying that Russia was provoked into invading. Speaking at the UN at the invitation of Russia. Claiming that the Ukraine govt are Nazis and that Ukraine is 'not really a country' are all out of the Putin play book.

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

To be fair, he f**king does, even if he says he doesn't.

Saying that Russia was provoked into invading. Speaking at the UN at the invitation of Russia. Claiming that the Ukraine govt are Nazis and that Ukraine is 'not really a country' are all out of the Putin play book.

How can anyone who loves dogs be a bad guy?

Pink Floyd co-founder Roger Waters told the United Nations Security Council that Russia's invasion was 'not unprovoked'. The 79-year-old (pictured) had been invited to address the 15-member council by Moscow