Pink Floyd?

Woffy

No his been very clear about that

Yes, ten years after Gilmour made it very clear to him ;)

I believe the story is that at the Live8 rehearsals, Waters wanted to do Another Brick. The rest of the group felt it would be rather distasteful for the occasion and Gilmour reminded him that he left the group and that he had been invited back as a guest. So he had to do what Pink Floyd wanted :P

Yes, ten years after Gilmour made it very clear to him ;)

I believe the story is that at the Live8 rehearsals, Waters wanted to do Another Brick. The rest of the group felt it would be rather distasteful for the occasion and Gilmour reminded him that he left the group and that he had been invited back as a guest. So he had to do what Pink Floyd wanted :P

Another brick is shit, roger was wrong to want that.

But then again, money is shit too. What a tragic missed opportunity that was....they should have done a saucerful of secrets, or the last 3 minutes of it at least..

Another brick is shit, roger was wrong to want that.

But then again, money is shit too. What a tragic missed opportunity that was....they should have done a saucerful of secrets, or the last 3 minutes of it at least..

Woah, woah. Easy. I know it's overplayed but still a great song never the less!

I used to think Money was abit shit too. But... I was very wrong. My favourite Gilmore guitar part makes that song. I think it may be my all time favourite guitar solo.

As for Waters v Gilmore etc. To be fair Pink Floyd started to die when Waters took control towards the end of the 70's. Yes, he was important to the band and was chief songwriter as such but the band were more than the sum of its parts. Post-Waters PF is not as good as 1970's PF and the same could be said of PF post Waters

That 3 album run of Dark Side through to Animals is likely never going to be equalled by any band. Truly amazing.

And Waters voice (never the greatest btw) has gone these days. At least Gilmore can sing and his guitar playing is amazing. Roger is just a bass player ;)

Please Dont Hate Me !!
Lucky enough I got into Pink Floyd in the late 60's and was able to see them loads of times { including Earls Court which was amazing } before Roger Waters split - funny enough ' I looked at it in a positive fashion ' as I followed Pink Floyd and had more opportunities to see Roger Waters as well { he toured in the 80's } - I also managed to get to Berlin for the concert to beat them all - The Wall – Live in Berlin - 21 July 1990 - that was a very special weekend { even although my friends and I and everyone else was covered head to toe in red dust { due to them digging up the ground for land mines }} - now I did not take a survey but funny enough most people who had tickets that we ran into thought they were seeing a Pink Floyd Concert !! - I was lucky as I was with two Dutch friends who speak German - dont forget that was just after the Berlin wall coming down so it was also a treat to be able to walk into east Berlin without any bloody checkpoints.I knew after that concert - it could not be beaten - I saw Roger Waters a few times after that - at Glastonbury - Hyde Park and the 02 { a few times }
sure it would have been great if the whole band had played at Glastonbury but it was not to be - I just cant see the rest of then ever playing at Glastonbury in the future - at least I have my memories
  • Upvote 1

It's most definitely up there for me. But it hardly ever gets mentioned, dunno why?

It's a great album to get high to.

I like it but its a bit unstructured and ploddy in parts. Meddle and Dark Side feel like a continuous piece of music. Lots of interesting stuff on there though.

All this Floyd talk has me looking for more vinyl. On the hunt for Obscured by Clouds.

Edited by The Nal