Pink Floyd?

Woffy

I'm fucked off the only London gig is at Hyde Park and I couldn't get tickets to the arena dates.

General public standing miles away from the stage was silly price, golden circle even sillier.

I know its Rodge but I couldn't justify it. The Wall at Wembley will forever live in my brain as one of the best gigs I've ever seen.

3 hours ago, mungo57 said:

I'm fucked off the only London gig is at Hyde Park and I couldn't get tickets to the arena dates.

General public standing miles away from the stage was silly price, golden circle even sillier.

I know its Rodge but I couldn't justify it. The Wall at Wembley will forever live in my brain as one of the best gigs I've ever seen.

Bunch of General Admission tickets for BST Hyde Park on Twickets right now....£69.90 - £75.00.

Just need to get there early enough.

3 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Bunch of General Admission tickets for BST Hyde Park on Twickets right now....£69.90 - £75.00.

Just need to get there early enough.

That’s part of it. Unless you do an all dayer you’re fucked for a view. My mate went to Hyde last year and said even near the barrier it was rubbish view. Rodge’s Shows are highly visual so I’ve sat it out in the vain hope he tours again or does Glasto.

thanks for the heads up though

• 2 months later...

Saw Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets at the Roundhouse last night. What a great night; I grew up with the early Floyd and it was such a privilege to see him performing those tunes. The band around him was excellent, Guy Pratt has played with Floyd and Gilmour before but who ever knew that Gary Kemp could be that good!

So that's Roger and Nick this year, it just needs David at the farm next year to complete the set.

25 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Saw Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets at the Roundhouse last night. What a great night; I grew up with the early Floyd and it was such a privilege to see him performing those tunes. The band around him was excellent, Guy Pratt has played with Floyd and Gilmour before but who ever knew that Gary Kemp could be that good!

So that's Roger and Nick this year, it just needs David at the farm next year to complete the set.

Dates booked up to May next year.......

They sound great. Even Point Me At The Sky sounds good.

2 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

Thanks for this, seeing them in Manchester on Thursday, just a gamble when I bought the tickets with no great expectation.

8 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Read a review in The Metro today. It got a good rating and sounded great.

Roger & Nick would both undoubtably be great bookings.

Didn't David ("never Dave") state that he was retiring after his last tour ended recently?

He'll be back if his his wife has more lyrics for him to sing

On 9/25/2018 at 12:55 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

PYRAMID OPENERS

Yeah that'd be spot on - although at Roundhouse the light show (Interstellar Overdrive with obligatory oil wheel projector as opener) was a big part of the enjoyment

Also Gary Kemp was virtuosic at the (emulated) tape echo controls! True psychedelic wig-out times

It occurred to me that the sound quality for live gigs is so much better now that people have never heard these songs performed in such good quality (albeit with only one of the original musicians, natch)

Avalon_F - hope you enjoy it tonight, it's a brilliant event

• Like 1

Would be amazing to do the same sort of set as " Live at Pompeii ", although I some how cant see them playing as Pink Floyd more just Dave Gilmour. Sunday night on Pyramid would be so good, at least I could then guarantee I would be there, even if I don't get a full festival ticket. I think though  they blew any chance of getting them a few years back. we will probably end with Paul McCartney...Just so boring. 

2 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

They're touring again next year:

Apr 29: Cardiff St David’s Hall
Apr 30: Aylesbury Friars
May 01: Cambridge Corn Exchange
May 03: London Roundhouse
May 04: London Roundhouse

Warming up for the farm?

I love your optimism. So much so I'm reading as factual.?