Pink Floyd?

Woffy

On 20/04/2018 at 7:00 AM, glasto-worker said:

well you never know who may or may not show up  - while I love The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking {1984} I find it very difficult to rank it as all his solo stuff is brilliant...

Eric Clapton (boo, hiss, pantomime villain drunk racist rants aside) always plays better on other peoples stuff afaic. Phil Collins' I Wish It Would Rain for example. But Pros & Cons? Some of the licks on that are just sublime. Deffo my favourite Clapton stuff.

It's so good to see that you're back on the scene GW.

I will also be at the same The Stones and Roger Waters gigs as a punter. This fallow year has lead me to already spending more than G would have cost me, just to do a gig a month between now and July, and that's without transport costs. It's Jeff Beck in Chelsea that I'm really looking forward to.

Must go to bed as I have to drive to Brighton tomorrow for Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds. 

I still have your number on my phone. Maybe we can meet up at The Stones?

3 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Eric Clapton (boo, hiss, pantomime villain drunk racist rants aside) always plays better on other peoples stuff afaic. Phil Collins' I Wish It Would Rain for example. But Pros & Cons? Some of the licks on that are just sublime. Deffo my favourite Clapton stuff.

It's so good to see that you're back on the scene GW.

I will also be at the same The Stones and Roger Waters gigs as a punter. This fallow year has lead me to already spending more than G would have cost me, just to do a gig a month between now and July, and that's without transport costs. It's Jeff Beck in Chelsea that I'm really looking forward to.

Must go to bed as I have to drive to Brighton tomorrow for Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds. 

I still have your number on my phone. Maybe we can meet up at The Stones?

so should I say ' Snap ' ?

I met Noel Gallagher once { very nice guy } - I had a run in with his brother -  Liam at some event when he demanded four draft pints ' while we were still setting up ' the back stage bar god knows where as all these events/festivals merge into one. 

I explained that the bar had no power so its impossible to pour pints and advised him to either have a bottle of beer or wait until the bar officially opened as by then we would have power - he stormed off shouting he would get me sacked - Later on Noel came in to apologise for his brother which I thought was very good of him but I have not seen Liam since that day - clearly he struck me off his Christmas card list.

He was with a few other people and I could see that he is not used to be told ' No '

I listed my events just to see how they slot in as normally I am never a Punter at anything and normally its just with the WBC.

with Oxfam we had to do things arse about face - as we booked the events Months ago but it was only a few days ago was our application approved - I left it to my team mate to pick them as she is the one who will be doing the driving { it will take another year or so before I will be able to drive again } so its bloody lucky they did not clash with Finsbury Park / Gunnersbury Park -

Anyway - I still have to do the trial run to London Stadium - I have never been there since they built Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park - what a right pain as its tricky to decide what is and what is not possible when my walking is restricted. My plan is to reach Pudding Mill Lane (DLR) and see how far it is.

so Mark I will be in touch with you to arrange things closer to the event.I will be on my own  as my Icelandic friends booked Twickenham Stadium instead but there will be 5 of us at Hyde Park. 

Have you ever been to the London Stadium ?

Edited by glasto-worker

7 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

so should I say ' Snap ' ?

I met Noel Gallagher once { very nice guy } - I had a run in with his brother -  Liam at some event when he demanded four draft pints ' while we were still setting up ' the back stage bar god knows where as all these events/festivals merge into one. 

I explained that the bar had no power so its impossible to pour pints and advised him to either have a bottle of beer or wait until the bar officially opened as by then we would have power - he stormed off shouting he would get me sacked - Later on Noel came in to apologise for his brother which I thought was very good of him but I have not seen Liam since that day - clearly he struck me off his Christmas card list.

He was with a few other people and I could see that he is not used to be told ' No '

I listed my events just to see how they slot in as normally I am never a Punter at anything and normally its just with the WBC.

with Oxfam we had to do things arse about face - as we booked the events Months ago but it was only a few days ago was our application approved - I left it to my team mate to pick them as she is the one who will be doing the driving { it will take another year or so before I will be able to drive again } so its bloody lucky they did not clash with Finsbury Park / Gunnersbury Park -

Anyway - I still have to do the trial run to London Stadium - I have never been there since they built Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park - what a right pain as its tricky to decide what is and what is not possible when my walking is restricted. My plan is to reach Pudding Mill Lane (DLR) and see how far it is.

so Mark I will be in touch with you to arrange things closer to the event.I will be on my own  as my Icelandic friends booked Twickenham Stadium instead but there will be 5 of us at Hyde Park. 

Have you ever been to the London Stadium ?

I was bought tickets to see West Ham Utd v Bournemouth plus a stadium tour for my 50th in January, so, yes, I have been to the London Stadium before. Simple by high speed train for me, just get off at Stratford.

Alternatively, someone has suggested to me that it may be feasible to drive up and park in either the train station or shopping centre car parks (the shopping centre is right next door to the train station). I've yet to look into this.

12 hours ago, MrZigster said:

I was bought tickets to see West Ham Utd v Bournemouth plus a stadium tour for my 50th in January, so, yes, I have been to the London Stadium before. Simple by high speed train for me, just get off at Stratford.

Alternatively, someone has suggested to me that it may be feasible to drive up and park in either the train station or shopping centre car parks (the shopping centre is right next door to the train station). I've yet to look into this.

10 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

What day are you folks going to see Rolling Stones? I'm going on the 22nd...

22 May – LONDON – Liam Gallagher - he is going to go Nuts if he spots me 

Edited by glasto-worker
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

What day are you folks going to see Rolling Stones? I'm going on the 22nd...

22nd also.

2 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

22 May – LONDON – Liam Gallagher - he is going to go Nuts if he spots me 

Liam bloody Gallagher:rolleyes:. Coventry get The Specials. Cardiff get Elbow (who I've always managed to miss at Glasto) and we get Liam bloody Gallagher. Oh well. Hope he does Slide Away. His brother was on top form last night.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MrZigster said:

22nd also.

Liam bloody Gallagher:rolleyes:. Coventry get The Specials. Cardiff get Elbow (who I've always managed to miss at Glasto) and we get Liam bloody Gallagher. Oh well. Hope he does Slide Away. His brother was on top form last night.

you think that's bad - I am working at Finsbury Park and he is the headliner Friday 29 June so I get him twice !!!! Glad you had a good night 

Edited by glasto-worker

To get this thread back on thread:

Random shuffle music thing has just thrown 4:41 AM (Sexual Revolution) from Pros & Cons at me.

That's what I'm talking about when I talk about sublime riffs. Pantomime villain or not.

I'd still rather have Jeff Beck as a special guest though. Way better.

• 2 months later...
53 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Rodge could certainly pull off a headliner spot. Incredible show in Dublin last night. Tour over in December though as it stands. 

Wouldn't take much for him to pull the band together for a one-off at Glastonbury to be honest.....also wouldn't surprise me to see Mason doing his 'Saucerful of Secrets' retrospective on the farm either....and the potential guest appearances in either direction that could bring....

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Rodge could certainly pull off a headliner spot. Incredible show in Dublin last night. Tour over in December though as it stands. 

Did he mime?? 

I cant wait to see him next Friday. I am still loving his new album. I also echo the love for pros and cons of hitchhiking, fantastic album. Funny to think it could have been a pink floyd album and the wall a roger waters solo one.

2 hours ago, henry bear said:

I’m really looking forward to (hopefully) catching Nick Mason, when he announces, as promised, more dates. Would be great to see him in a smallish venue bashing out the likes of Astronomy Domine and Bike. 

I've got a ticket for the Roundhouse gig and I'm so looking forward to it. Also got a ticket for RW next week - good times.