Pink Floyd?

Woffy

• 4 months later...

I thought The Verve had a great run of singles. A fucking great run of singles.

BSS, LM, TTDW.

That's it though.

Was LM enough to miss most of their Glasto headlining set and get there just in time for those three. Drunk me got right into it.

But, having previously thought from reading interviews that RA was a bit of a dick, he went on to prove it to me by doing "our new single" as an encore. Ruined the vibe.

Like Adam Ant doing Apollo 9 at Live Aid.

• 1 month later...

Bump. Because I'm a bit scared that I may have killed this thread.

Never mind the support acts. What about the possible special guests?

Bear with me. Please. Just calm down a little. His name is dust on here. Pantomime villain status. Boo & Hiss. But:

Eric Clapton for any Pros & Cons stuff surely? It's his best album.

Sorry.

Then. Jeff Beck doing What God Wants (God Gets).

• Downvote 1

17 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Bear with me. Please. Just calm down a little. His name is dust on here. Pantomime villain status. Boo & Hiss. But:

Sorry.

Nick Mason will do me, duck.

On 2/20/2018 at 11:47 PM, MrZigster said:

I thought The Verve had a great run of singles. A fucking great run of singles.

BSS, LM, TTDW.

That's it though.

Was LM enough to miss most of their Glasto headlining set and get there just in time for those three. Drunk me got right into it.

But, having previously thought from reading interviews that RA was a bit of a dick, he went on to prove it to me by doing "our new single" as an encore. Ruined the vibe.

Like Adam Ant doing Apollo 9 at Live Aid.

Disagree. Love is noise at the end was well ace (I'd never heard it before).

I'm afraid of americans at the end of bowie's set on the otherhand....

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, russycarps said:

Disagree. Love is noise at the end was well ace (I'd never heard it before).

I'm afraid of americans at the end of bowie's set on the otherhand....

I don't think anyone had heard Love Is Noise before. I might be wrong there though.

Didn't Oasis preview a song or two in '04 (that didn't go out on the BBC. iirc they had an interval)?

The only thing I'm certain of regarding "genuine new stuff" was Billy Bragg once saying "This is a new one, but I'm leaving out a couple of verses because one of you bastards will stick it on Napster" (or something similar).

I've only recently discovered Earthling and think that it is criminally unrecognised as a great Bowie album. I just love it. Jumping genre yet again. It's like Bowie does The Prodigy. The cheeky "Have I got this?"  micro second in Little Wonder? Yes David. You've got this!

Not sure how I'd have felt at the time having not heard anything of it though. A bit like if McCartney finished with "a new one" I guess.

But hey. What the fuck do I know? I thought Never Let Me Down was a great album and attended the infamous Glass Spider tour. It was only slightly pretentious ;).

Anyway, back on thread.

A big YES for Nick Mason obviously. Does he even/can he still play? He's still the winner of Coolest Man In Rock afaic, No one is as cool as Nick Mason on Live In Pompeii. Even when he gets angry when he drops a drumstick, he deals with it coolly. A total professional. He should definitely grow that 'tache again. He's now going for The Coolest Man In Car Collecting in his retirement methinks.

There is absolutely no way David Gilmour is going to show up though is there! Not a question.

Edited by MrZigster

^ Sadly recent interview with Gilmour he said something like 'Roger and I aren't getting on particularly well at the moment' (as opposed to mini-thaws over the years like them doing that charity show together in about 2010 and David playing with Roger at one of The Wall shows).

One can dream however!

Here's the 2010 show...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GlastoEls said:

^ Sadly recent interview with Gilmour he said something like 'Roger and I aren't getting on particularly well at the moment' (as opposed to mini-thaws over the years like them doing that charity show together in about 2010 and David playing with Roger at one of The Wall shows).

One can dream however!

Here's the 2010 show...

I was there the night of The Wall in London. I never thought I'd see my childhood heros play that one song together. I can't imagine how it must have been to see this gig though! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/03/2018 at 1:22 AM, MrZigster said:

Sorry.

well you never know who may or may not show up  - while I love The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking {1984} I find it very difficult to rank it as all his solo stuff is brilliant.

I do recall ' where I first heard it ' - I bought the LP and transferred it to tape avoiding hearing it as that would spoil the plan.

My friends and went down to Glastonbury 1984 and that is when we played the tape { though a Portable Amp/speaker { that was not all that portable } - it just blew us away helped on as we found a quiet spot to hear it { and yes there was a few spots back then } 

We should have started selling tickets as more and more people asked us if they could sit and listen so we had a fair old crowd and by the end of it we decided to play the tape again.

so we were a less mobile version of # The Flying Patrol Group # { I am sure some will recall them - see https://youtu.be/BjeETfI0Sn8 - they used to walk about at night - just playing } 

I had planned a quiet year but in the end I have -

The Stones { as a punter } - 22/5
Finsbury Park { as a Team Leader ] 29/6 - 30/6 - 1/7
Roger Waters { as a punter } - 6/7
Gunnersbury Park { as a Team Leader } 13/7 - 14/7 - 15/7
Womad { Oxfam Volunteer } -  may be 26/7 - 27/7 - 28/7 - 29/7
River Cottage { Oxfam Volunteer } - may be 23/8 - 24/8 - 25/8 - 26/8

unsure about the Oxfam dates as we still don't know when they wish us to show up

so if I get though that lot { its not all that much but I am still recovering from a artery bypass and this restricts my mobility } I may even make Glastonbury 2019 { with the WBC }

hope you have a great day 

Edited by glasto-worker