Pink Floyd?

Woffy

18 hours ago, The Nal said:

One of the albums of the year for me. Loving it.

Hardly a glowing review though. Momentary Lapse is genuinely one of the worst albums ever made by a major act. 

On 27/09/2017 at 9:21 PM, russycarps said:

I love it. I think it's better than all the post-final cut Floyd albums.

Thank you both, you've convinced me!

True, Momentary Lapse is incredibly dull, at least Division Bell was much better. The first Floyd album I bought was Relics, still reckon that's an ace compilation.

25 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Thank you both, you've convinced me!

True, Momentary Lapse is incredibly dull, at least Division Bell was much better. The first Floyd album I bought was Relics, still reckon that's an ace compilation.

It's pretty similar in style to his other solo stuff, especially amused to death, so if you arent keen on that then you probably wont enjoy the new one much. 

I think it's definitely better than all his solo albums, but not quite up there with the final cut. 

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Roger’s playing Hyde Park for British Summer Time on Friday July 6th. Hoping for more UK shows but if not then at least that might be fairly reasonably priced.

29/06 - Hydro, Glasgow, 2/07 - Arena, Manchester, 3/07 - Echo Arena, Liverpool, 7/07 - Arena, Birmingham. £75ish-£110ish.

Think I’m gonna have to choose Palestine Rog over Kung Fu Kenny this week.

Edited by dentalplan

Tickets are set to go on general sale from Friday October 6, ranging from £89.90 for general admission to £249.90 for a Diamond View ticket

I was working at Hyde park in 2006 but was able to fix my shift so I was able to see it all.

I could work it again but I would rather pay the money as its likely he will not tour again.

think it was £80 at Wembley and the 02 a few years ago 

Hyde Park is not where I would like to see him but what the hell - if I am fit I will be there.

12 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Where is this info coming from?

I usually get heads up emails and I can't see anything on his website about this yet.

Anyone know when tickets are likely to go on sale?

part of it is from FB - his own post - also see NME 

http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/latest/roger-waters-announces-london-date-and-four-spanish-shows.html

Edited by glasto-worker

1 minute ago, glasto-worker said:

part of it is from FB - his own post - also see NME 

Hi mate. Nice to see you posting again. Hope you are well.

After a bit of digging I found the info (on the news pages here, durr).

Luckily I will be in but I'm at work until about 02:00 that morning so will have to set about three alarms.

I'll have a mate trying as well if I can get hold of him.

Hopefully us long time signed people will get a pre-sale.

4 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Luckily I will be in but I'm at work until about 02:00 that morning so will have to set about three alarms.

For BST? Sign up here (email option bottom right corner) just in case.

For other venues there are various going on; worth checking Ticketmaster info to see which ones at which venue.

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

For BST? Sign up here (email option bottom right corner) just in case.

For other venues there are various going on; worth checking Ticketmaster info to see which ones at which venue.

Thanks for that, but it requires f*****g f******k!

I don't do f******k.

Unfortunately (in this instance).

16 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

How fast do you think hyde park will sell out? I havent got a chance this month.

I dunno, I think it will sell out pretty fast, as I suspect roger waters fans will generally be old and wealthy who wont baulk at £90 tickets, and hyde park is the perfect location for them. There will be an ocean of picnic blankets.

I'm looking abroad, with lisbon the early favourite.

31 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There's an email signup link just underneath the Facebook button, on the right hand side.

I shoulda just put the direct link to that but we're here now. :P

Just got a reply. Double nice one!

But, fuck me, they've let the accountants loose on this one haven't they?

I don't think I've ever seen so many different pricing tiers.

An extra £25 to get in an hour earlier (to bag a better spot presumably) plus another five even pricier options.

There will come a day when "general admission" will mean "seat behind a pillar".

Does anyone else think he may add another date? Or possibly a London arena show or two?

59 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

The last two concerts I did get sent a link for a pre sale but they were seats - not bad seats at all - Two of my Team mates will be flying in from Iceland just to go to the concert - I did not tell them the bar prices as they are High - still for me - I will be there - will be on my Computer - god knows how much the booking fee will be but I reckon it will sell out fast.

setlist from a previous concert

Speak to Me

Breathe

One of These Days

Time

Breathe (Reprise)

The Great Gig in the Sky

Welcome to the Machine

When We Were Young

Déjà Vu

The Last Refugee

Picture That

Wish You Were Here

The Happiest Days of Our Lives

Another Brick in the Wall Part 2

Another Brick in the Wall Part 3

Dogs

Pigs (Three Different Ones)

Money

Us and Them

Smell the Roses

Brain Damage

Eclipse

Vera

Bring the Boys Back Home

Comfortably Numb 

24 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Can't find any info on tickets for that?

Actually found some here. 200 quid though!

http://www.blueticket.pt/Event/3305

Looks and sounds great

I am sure I saw some for EUR45, think you might have selected one of the VIP packages! 

I quite fancied the berlin one too, but it looks like that might be sold out. 

17 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

The last two concerts I did get sent a link for a pre sale but they were seats - not bad seats at all - Two of my Team mates will be flying in from Iceland just to go to the concert - I did not tell them the bar prices as they are High - still for me - I will be there - will be on my Computer - god knows how much the booking fee will be but I reckon it will sell out fast.

setlist from a previous concert

Speak to Me

Breathe

One of These Days

Time

Breathe (Reprise)

The Great Gig in the Sky

Welcome to the Machine

When We Were Young

Déjà Vu

The Last Refugee

Picture That

Wish You Were Here

The Happiest Days of Our Lives

Another Brick in the Wall Part 2

Another Brick in the Wall Part 3

Dogs

Pigs (Three Different Ones)

Money

Us and Them

Smell the Roses

Brain Damage

Eclipse

Vera

Bring the Boys Back Home

Comfortably Numb 

I'd rather see more of his solo stuff and less floyd tbh, especially the darkside stuff. I appreciate I am probably in the minority here...

45 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I'd rather see more of his solo stuff and less floyd tbh, especially the darkside stuff. I appreciate I am probably in the minority here...

I know what you mean - he left PF in 1985 - if I had my way I would like to hear a lot from The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking + Radio K.A.O.S. + Amused to Death but its not going to happen as you cant please all the people all the time - Nothing to do with Roger but I do recall a excellent concert by Leonard Cohen when he did his normal set list and then was taking request - it was amazing - the request part lasted over two hours just on its own and that had to be the best value concert I have ever seen - Just a shame its not at Glasto - that would really blow the roof off { if it had a roof }