Pink Floyd?

Woffy

loads

rhianna

katy perry

justin timberlake

madonna

etc

the majority of glastonbury goers these days are cloth eared whoppers.

Im not sure that with the exception of Madonna, any if the others would. The Whoppers are in full force I fully agree, but are 2/3 of the audience going to be into Justin Timberlake?

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

I love their early stuff, but it is just as pretentious and up their own backsides as the newer stuff I reckon.

If you say so .Havent listened to anything past Wish you Were Here and Dark Side anyway so i wouldnt know .The Wall is great if you feel like killing yourself ,self indulged bollocks .

Seeing them or Gilmour live would be a dream for me. They're too epic to be anything but a headliner but it's true they aren't what a lot of people want now. Tame Impala have a psychedelic vibe and when I saw them as a support act half the crowd were complaining they were boring. (incidentally, I would be over the moon if they were there too)

At the risk of a bit of flack I feel that it's the music as much, if not more, than the performers.

I don't go along with those who say it's not the same without Syd, Dave or whoever.

This is one of my favourite performances of Comfortably Numb. It was a Roger Waters show but featuring Van Morrison on vocals and with members of The Band. I think Snowy White is on lead guitar.

The musicianship and performance is superb. So we could have a stellar team to perform some Floyd and I'd love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpFo_E9Fq2k

At the risk of a bit of flack I feel that it's the music as much, if not more, than the performers.

I don't go along with those who say it's not the same without Syd, Dave or whoever.

This is one of my favourite performances of Comfortably Numb. It was a Roger Waters show but featuring Van Morrison on vocals and with members of The Band. I think Snowy White is on lead guitar.

The musicianship and performance is superb. So we could have a stellar team to perform some Floyd and I'd love it.

I was there that weekend - The Wall – Live in Berlin - 21 July 1990
it worked well { apart from the Power screw up } - it was interesting to hear as there was varations - going by the album notes ' Both Rod Stewart and Joe Cocker were originally confirmed to appear but when the original planned concert date was put back both found themselves unavailable '
I am not a great Van Morrison fan { nearly every concert I worked at - he would be there } but he was not bad -
"Comfortably Numb" had Van Morrison, Roger Waters & The Band & the Rundfunk Orchestra & Choir, guitar solos by Rick Di Fonzo & Snowy White .
it was a shame Sinéad O'Connor was caught out by the power - what you see on the DVD did not happen ' live ' - when it happened Roger Waters rushed to the front of the stage and did a little tap dance as
none of us could hear anything .
At the end of the show - when everyone was walking out they repeated the tracks that were screwed up but going by the DVD ' they used part of the recordings from the rehearsal instead '
you just cant tell - all I know is ' most of what you see in this track did not happen ' live '
at first glance it was a strange mixture.
Roger Waters, Rick Danko, Levon Helm and Garth Hudson of The Band, The Hooters, Van Morrison, Sinéad O'Connor, Cyndi Lauper, Marianne Faithfull, Scorpions, Joni Mitchell, Paul Carrack, Thomas Dolby and Bryan Adams, along with actors Albert Finney, Jerry Hall, Tim Curry and Ute Lemper.
I had never seen Cyndi Lauper before but she played the part well
all in taking into account where it was - it was a unique concert and well worth the drive to reach it even although we were covered head to toe in red dust it goes down as the best concert I have been to { and I have been to lots }
that by far was the biggest concert I had been to - close to 500,000 due to them allowing in none ticket holders as the main concert started - do that in the UK and its likely there would be a mad scramble to the front but in fact ' from what I saw ' most of them hung back and I did not see any pushing from the rear.

It is flawed though, especially towards the end. The best songs from it were co-written with gilmour.

Animals, however, is flawless. Plus I've never seen him mime anything from animals.

co-written by gilmour = added a couple of fiddly guitar bits. The soul of that album is waters entirely (as is the case with almost all pink floyds albums).

Animals is flawless. I think gilmours input on that one was even less than on the wall wasnt it?

Roger's thing is to dominate, but I am happy to stand up for myself and argue vociferously as to the merits of different pieces of music, which is what I did on Animals. I didn't feel remotely squeezed out of that album. Ninety per cent of the song "Dogs" was mine. That song was almost the whole of one side, so that's half of Animals.

Edited by The Nal

Roger's thing is to dominate, but I am happy to stand up for myself and argue vociferously as to the merits of different pieces of music, which is what I did on Animals. I didn't feel remotely squeezed out of that album. Ninety per cent of the song "Dogs" was mine. That song was almost the whole of one side, so that's half of Animals.

ha I bet roger is the one who edited the wikipedia entry to say he wrote it