Videos to show first timers

InvalidUsername

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2014 at 6:49 PM, bimbledinnards said:

Not sure if you lot've all seen this (there aren't many views, and was only uploaded in the summer) but blumin'eck it's a ruddy treasure trove of mid-ninetiesness.

It's 7 vids long, mind, and some of them are over an hour... anyone remember it? 4 Goes To Glastonbury? Part 1 here:

That's pretty entertaining.  In a similar vein and slightly older...

8 hours ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

And not a phone in sight! Glorious!

I used to love gigging pre-smart phones. Crowds were more energetic and people were lost in the moment far more than they are now. I really crave being part of these type of crowds now whenever I see an up-tempo band that requires this type of audience but bouncing in unison seems to be a thing of the past as too many people are unwilling to join in because of either a phone being held aloft or the the fact that it has essentially died out over the last 10 years. 

I disagree! Of course you still get plenty of people with their phones out at gigs but going to see my favourite band, The Cribs, you still are guaranteed a crowd going pretty crazy and bouncing in unison. I think its mostly down to the band that plays tbh.

• Upvote 1

On 11/5/2014 at 6:49 PM, bimbledinnards said:

Not sure if you lot've all seen this (there aren't many views, and was only uploaded in the summer) but blumin'eck it's a ruddy treasure trove of mid-ninetiesness.

It's 7 vids long, mind, and some of them are over an hour... anyone remember it? 4 Goes To Glastonbury? Part 1 here:

Do you reckon Mark Lamarr looks back on this and thinks: "People were right, I actually was a complete cock back then"... I hope so.

Great vids, though, I had a great time watching them last night!

On 01/06/2015 at 11:10 AM, SPTFRE said:

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the 'Michael Eavis - Glastonbury Man' documentary? I have the two Julien Temple docs but remember this one was really good but can't find it anywhere. There's a really emotional bit at the end when he reminisces about his wife, Jean

Was on YouTube but has vanished 

On 4/15/2016 at 1:41 PM, TheBoz said:

Anyone got a link to that blog by the American chap who wrote about his first trip to Glastonbury in 2009 i think it was? Great read that. Hilarious how many growlers he eats if i remember correctly

Not sure if you found it but just done a search myself and came across your post. Found it through Google!

http://simplyfussfree.blogspot.co.uk/2009/11/glastonbury-2009-review-from-outsider.html

A great read for those who haven't seen it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

I loved reading that review!! Fabulous! In 5 glastonburys, I have never had a growler!! Has he attended since does anyone know? 

I think he may have attended for one or two years afterwards but I'm not sure.

He's on these forums as Bort I believe but doesn't appear to post in the Glastonbury section these days.