Videos to show first timers

InvalidUsername

This isn’t the right thread for this, but it’s video related so hopefully someone knowledgeable will step in,

I seem to recall some clever sods downloaded loads of the 2017 bbc footage to a cloud or google drive thingy, can anyone remember this and even better, locate it?

2 hours ago, Eyebrow said:

This isn’t the right thread for this, but it’s video related so hopefully someone knowledgeable will step in,

I seem to recall some clever sods downloaded loads of the 2017 bbc footage to a cloud or google drive thingy, can anyone remember this and even better, locate it?

@stuartbert two hats?

2 hours ago, Eyebrow said:

I absolutely definitely don't have all the videos from 2015 onwards and I most certainly wouldn't put anything temporarily in a Dropbox folder and share a link for a few days with someone who sent me a PM requesting a link for a specific video.

Don't take the piss though. 

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I absolutely definitely don't have all the videos from 2015 onwards and I most certainly wouldn't put anything temporarily in a Dropbox folder and share a link for a few days with someone who sent me a PM requesting a link for a specific video.

Don't take the piss though. 

Well that’s a shame. Worth a try!

On 4/25/2018 at 9:35 AM, Gnomicide said:

I've been a little lacs this time but have finally put all my little filmed clips from last year into one video. Not exactly HD but I think it gives a flavour of the festival.

Ha ha - we were in the same place quite a few times - not just the bigger places but some of the smaller ones too! I swear I must have been standing next to you for Billy Bragg and the Mavericks!  Really enjoyed this!  Roll on 26 June!

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

Ha ha - we were in the same place quite a few times - not just the bigger places but some of the smaller ones too! I swear I must have been standing next to you for Billy Bragg and the Mavericks!  Really enjoyed this!  Roll on 26 June!

Thanks. I was watching some of the other videos earlier and thinking to myself that it's amazing how different people's festivals can be despite being in roughly the same place for 5 days. Clearly some people's aren't that different :D

Just now, Gnomicide said:

Thanks. I was watching some of the other videos earlier and thinking to myself that it's amazing how different people's festivals can be despite being in roughly the same place for 5 days. Clearly some people's aren't that different :D

Tbf that's probably why I enjoyed yours so much - I could really relate to it!  I went to see the Mavericks because there was nothing on the main stages I wanted to see.  Didn't really know much about them but I thoroughly enjoyed them.  I almost hope I don't like any of next year's headliners just so I don't feel obliged to tackle the huge crowd at the Pyramid but can enjoy something unexpected like them again!   Actually, I know that I won't be at the Pyramid unless it is someone exceptional!  I actually prefer all the smaller stages.

11 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Tbf that's probably why I enjoyed yours so much - I could really relate to it!  I went to see the Mavericks because there was nothing on the main stages I wanted to see.  Didn't really know much about them but I thoroughly enjoyed them.  I almost hope I don't like any of next year's headliners just so I don't feel obliged to tackle the huge crowd at the Pyramid but can enjoy something unexpected like them again!   Actually, I know that I won't be at the Pyramid unless it is someone exceptional!  I actually prefer all the smaller stages.

The Mavericks were great, weren't they? Still not over them starting with probably their only song everyone knew, no messing, straight in.

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

The Mavericks were great, weren't they? Still not over them starting with probably their only song everyone knew, no messing, straight in.

I too was gobsmacked at that!  Fair play to them, it was almost like saying "OK we've played our biggie, you can go if you like" but such a great atmosphere!

50 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

It always think that - the other month a few of my friends went to a small festival, and a few weeks later were showing me photos. There was someone from my work in the background, and then in their photos, all my mates were in the background. Not just one photo even. Several over a few days. 

Pointless yarn... but ah well!

1 hour ago, Titters said:

Here's a safety video to show first timers about the wrong approach to take, and how it can ruin your enjoyment of all things Glastonbury.

Are these the ones that leave on Saturday night cos he has a football match the next morning? Can't bring myself to watch it again.

11 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Are these the ones that leave on Saturday night cos he has a football match the next morning? Can't bring myself to watch it again.

Stayed 2 nights, in a Yurt/Hut, Left on Saturday night, Spent most of the time watching football on his phone.

Hopefuly never to return again. Ever.

1 hour ago, tumbles said:

Stayed 2 nights, in a Yurt/Hut, Left on Saturday night, Spent most of the time watching football on his phone.

Hopefuly never to return again. Ever.

Surely it was just the one night? Arrived and stayed on the Friday and left straight after Adele on the Saturday. Absolute waste of tickets. I'd insert a few more choice words but I wouldn't know when to stop. Sickening. Utterly sickening. 

9 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Surely it was just the one night? Arrived and stayed on the Friday and left straight after Adele on the Saturday. Absolute waste of tickets. I'd insert a few more choice words but I wouldn't know when to stop. Sickening. Utterly sickening. 

A freebie care of EE (at least I think it was them from memory, I'm not subjecting myself to that again), so at least they didn't stop anyone else buying tickets, just stopped someone else getting a freebie that they would have made better use of. It also annoys me that the shed thing in Worthy View was only used for one night. I'm sure plenty of other people had tried to get one of them and not got through.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

A freebie care of EE (at least I think it was them from memory, I'm not subjecting myself to that again), so at least they didn't stop anyone else buying tickets, just stopped someone else getting a freebie that they would have made better use of. It also annoys me that the shed thing in Worthy View was only used for one night. I'm sure plenty of other people had tried to get one of them and not got through.

It was the mocking of what people were wearing that really got my hackles up. Fucking influencers. Useless c**ts! 

9 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

I hope not. Don't need that fucking fake chirpy upbeat bollix around me wrecking me buzz. 

I’m with you mate. I haven’t watched it again as it made me angry the first time. I’m up for anyone doing Glastonbury the way they want to, but don’t judge others for their attire. 

On a positive note, I love this thread ?