Videos to show first timers

InvalidUsername

Really liking both of the Glidestonbury vids previously mentioned. The same guy also did one which blends images of the festival with images of the farm during the off-season called "Glitchstonbury" which is very cool. Haven't posted links as his vids are previously mentioned.

On 05/03/2017 at 11:59 AM, Gnomicide said:

New 2016 T&C highlights video.

That is a lovely video, but it's not new. First posted by the fest back in November: 

20 hours ago, nikkic said:

Not been, in 5 festivals. Need to rectify that this year! 

That's a shocker! I'm massively into the music but the T&C fields are undoubtedly one of the best parts of the festival.

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

That is a lovely video, but it's not new. First posted by the fest back in November: 

Thought it looked familiar but only had a couple of views when I looked. They must've re-submitted it, the scamps.

I've watched many Glastonbury videos and I can never remember which ones I've seen before some I must have watched several times without remembering .. does anyone else suffer this amnesia ? is there a way to mark the videos as watched ? I'm guessing i need to have an account or something on the u tubes ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/03/2017 at 4:23 AM, BenLFC said:

I took a GoPro last year and attempted to make a little video. Don't think it turned out too bad for a first attempt. :lol:

I was really sceptical, before I watched this, that someone else's amateur footage could get me excited. But, despite us having very different festival expierences, your video got me so hyped. 

Wolf Alice helped. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, nickharley said:

The sound of the crowd on this sums up seeing a headliner on the Pyramid for me. When you have tens of thousands of people behind you, all singing the same words, I find that atmosphere like nothing else:

This is an "I'm a bottle of wine in" post, but here goes.

Very well put. You've possibly nailed it for me (I haven't watched the video, was there).

I think that may be why I love it. Nowhere else do you get a crowd that size, Who have chosen to be at that particular performance when they could have been at another one. Losing all inhibitions and going for it.

Where else could you get 80,000 people giving it John Travolta to Stayin' Alive?

Some people go to smaller gatherings every Sunday to feel a sense of community.

I get my fix once a year(ish, if I'm lucky)..

10 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

This is an "I'm a bottle of wine in" post, but here goes.

Very well put. You've possibly nailed it for me (I haven't watched the video, was there).

I think that may be why I love it. Nowhere else do you get a crowd that size, Who have chosen to be at that particular performance when they could have been at another one. Losing all inhibitions and going for it.

Where else could you get 80,000 people giving it John Travolta to Stayin' Alive?

Some people go to smaller gatherings every Sunday to feel a sense of community.

I get my fix once a year(ish, if I'm lucky)..

It gives me goosebumps watching it sometimes. Being there must have been unreal.

I think I probably watched that video before my first time in 2009, It just seems like a classic Glastonbury moment.

Spoke to my friends about it the other day, there's no doubt, there's something unique about the atmosphere at Pyramid. 

• Upvote 1

On 07/03/2017 at 4:23 AM, BenLFC said:

I took a GoPro last year and attempted to make a little video. Don't think it turned out too bad for a first attempt. :lol:

Great video! Who are you watching at 4.13? The lights look brilliant. 

On 21/03/2017 at 1:07 AM, Rubber Soldier said:

I was really sceptical, before I watched this, that someone else's amateur footage could get me excited. But, despite us having very different festival expierences, your video got me so hyped. 

Wolf Alice helped. 

Thanks! The hardest part was choosing what song to have. I was slightly obsessed with their album. 

On 21/03/2017 at 6:10 AM, nikkic said:

Great video! Who are you watching at 4.13? The lights look brilliant. 

As BSR already said it was indeed Sigur Ros. Probably the best act I saw all weekend. 

7 hours ago, nickharley said:

Was watching the Glastonbury Man documentary the other night and they played a clip of this (also in Julien Temple's)

The crowd around the 1:50 mark onwards just looks like absolute chaos !!

Thanks for that.

Now.... who says Glastonbury crowds are crap? :D

It went off just the same when they played Jazzworld about a decade ago. Superb.

16 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Thanks for that.

Now.... who says Glastonbury crowds are crap? :D

It went off just the same when they played Jazzworld about a decade ago. Superb.

Not a problem. Not that I've ever been in a Glastonbury crowd quite like that but it shows it can happen. 

• Upvote 1