Videos to show first timers

InvalidUsername

Perhaps not the definitive video for first timers as the footage is all wildly out of date, but the video for the new Palms Trax tune has some nice old (I'm guessing 80s through to the 90s) Glasto action. Fitting for such a self-consciously retro banger - thought this may be of interest on here. 

Edited by knivesout
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Alcatraz said:

Just need to add this to the collection for those that missed it

Best video by a country mile , who cares what acts are and aren't playing it really doesn't matter , this place is absolutely magical and if you've never been before you better be prepared for the time of your life , God I can't wait I'm going to explode !!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Loved watching those "4 Goes To Glastonbury" from 1995 videos again. Had all of it on VHS back in the day and still remember most of the links and running order! The indie crowds just all used to "bounce" up and down in unison back then. 

Interesting interview with John Peel too - he claimed the festival had got too corporate and he wouldn't want to see it get any bigger! He subsequently presented the BBC coverage :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2016 at 3:55 PM, The Red Telephone said:

Loved watching those "4 Goes To Glastonbury" from 1995 videos again. Had all of it on VHS back in the day and still remember most of the links and running order! The indie crowds just all used to "bounce" up and down in unison back then. 

Made me think of this classic

• Upvote 1

Glastonbury never really appealed to me before I went. I'd only really seen coverage of the main stages on TV and thought that's all there was to it. This documentary changed my opinion and got me excited to go! Apologies if someone already posted it.

2 hours ago, TheBoz said:

Made me think of this classic

And not a phone in sight! Glorious!

I used to love gigging pre-smart phones. Crowds were more energetic and people were lost in the moment far more than they are now. I really crave being part of these type of crowds now whenever I see an up-tempo band that requires this type of audience but bouncing in unison seems to be a thing of the past as too many people are unwilling to join in because of either a phone being held aloft or the the fact that it has essentially died out over the last 10 years. 

9 minutes ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

And not a phone in sight! Glorious!

I used to love gigging pre-smart phones. Crowds were more energetic and people were lost in the moment far more than they are now. I really crave being part of these type of crowds now whenever I see an up-tempo band that requires this type of audience but bouncing in unison seems to be a thing of the past as too many people are unwilling to join in because of either a phone being held aloft or the the fact that it has essentially died out over the last 10 years. 

The best crowd I've ever been in was for the Prodigy at Phoenix 96. I remember thinking that if I stopped bouncing in time with everyone else I'd probably just get trampled to death and nobody would notice.

FF to 2:15 or 4:10 for nice examples :):

Edited by Cheesey