Videos to show first timers

InvalidUsername

BBC montage from last year is a good overview of the festival's more mainstream side (don't mean that in a negative way):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of-2hWWMU9g&feature=youtu.be&list=PLTij4xwFbxNQPmNiBOpJAf5JSl2H-DH3h

And then I personally feel that this video does a good job of giving a flavour of the other side of the festival:

this one was taken by us two years ago just after the sun had come up. highest point of the festival and definitely worth the walk up

This is amazing! (Although I don't want to burst your bubble, but I'm sure the viewing hill with the flags is as high/higher than the Ribbon Tower.)

Edited by Winslow Leach

This is amazing! (Although I don't want to burst your bubble, but I'm sure the viewing hill with the flags is as high/higher than the Ribbon Tower.)

The flaggy hill is definitely higher - I have a photo from up there and you can see right over the top of the ribbon tower, and that wasn't even taken from the top of the hill.

The flaggy hill is definitely higher - I have a photo from up there and you can see right over the top of the ribbon tower, and that wasn't even taken from the top of the hill.

This is true, I completely forgot about the hill!

Does anyone have a link to the film mentioned earlier shot at the '93 festival?

I couldn't find a link online, I had to buy it. Definitely worth it though there's about 12 hours of footage in total and it's really well shot. The Julian Temple film is different- this one was produced and directed by William Beaton.