Latitude 2015

5co77ie

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.......it appears the BBC 6 Music banner has disappeared from the Latitude Website........I guess they arn't 'involved' anymore?!?

(EDIT!! Its back now. so...this post is pointless. rather like most of my posts, i'd wager....)

Edited by retromoz

definitely don't see Noel as a realistic option. he's headlining TITP, which is a much bigger festival

Portishead, Alt-J and Florence & The Machine is what i'm gonna go for

If Portishead are there, I don't give a shit who's on the rest of the line-up, it's motherfucking Portishead. But, that said, Florence would not be a shabby booking by anybody's standards, and Alt-J would be decent enough. All in all, that's a rather strong trio, I doubt I'd watch two of them, but there's something there for everybody Latitude is aimed at.

I think Latitude might be shooting themselves in the foot a big with no announcements so far. I have a Green Man ticket, which I wasn't planning to go to until they announced the line-up, and I immediately bought a ticket the day it was announced. This is all well and good for me, as I'm a true Latitude convert and looking at doing 3 festivals this year, but I think most of their market will probably only do one, and wont be loyal to one specific one. If all the other festivals have beaten Latitude by announcing, they might have lost quite a chunk of the crowd. People like to know what they're doing in advance, I wouldn't have been able to get time off work if I hadn't booked it in January, I only did that because I know I'm going back. A great line-up wont have the same clout if people have already settled on other festivals.

Being from sort of near the area I know [of] a lot of people that go every year. It's the only sizeable family festival nearby really, apart from the Cambridge folk festival. I think they retain a lot of the crowd. But I understand your point for the majority of festival goers. Unless they've got a corker (reckon they will tbh) it might be risky.

Didn't go last year, want to go back this time. Portishead alone will probably be enough. I miss Sunrise.

Being from sort of near the area I know [of] a lot of people that go every year. It's the only sizeable family festival nearby really, apart from the Cambridge folk festival. I think they retain a lot of the crowd. But I understand your point for the majority of festival goers. Unless they've got a corker (reckon they will tbh) it might be risky.

Didn't go last year, want to go back this time. Portishead alone will probably be enough. I miss Sunrise.

Agree, there are plenty of people from Norwich who go to Latitude every year. I think it will be the same as usual to be honest.

Something Super Furry Animal related is happening.

If they are reforming then maybe they could be at latitude this year? I don't think they would headline but would love to see them there.

I thought there was a rumour a while back about a reforming band playing, I had assumed it was either Ride or Sleater Kinney.

definitely don't see Noel as a realistic option. he's headlining TITP, which is a much bigger festival

Portishead, Alt-J and Florence & The Machine is what i'm gonna go for

Florence back at Latitude would be one of the most bizarre headliner bookings of recent times. Particularly because Geoff Ellis couldn't accommodate her at T because she was 'a headliner' whereas last time she headlined Latitude, she subbed the R1 stage at T.

Mind you, the way this has fallen with Glastonbury is that there's such an amount of public stuff suggesting she's headlining but privately apparently isn't, so that's bizarre enough anyway.

Edited by dentalplan

Florence back at Latitude would be one of the most bizarre headliner bookings of recent times. Particularly because Geoff Ellis couldn't accommodate her at T because she was 'a headliner' whereas last time she headlined Latitude, she subbed the R1 stage at T.

Mind you, the way this has fallen with Glastonbury is that there's such an amount of public stuff suggesting she's headlining but privately apparently isn't, so that's bizarre enough anyway.

I agree, it seems like she would be too big now, she is headlining the Radio 1 Big Weekend and people seriously talking about her being a potential Glasto Headliner it feels like a step down.

Same with Noel G, If he is headlining T then I wouldn't have expected to see him at Latitude.

I agree, it seems like she would be too big now, she is headlining the Radio 1 Big Weekend and people seriously talking about her being a potential Glasto Headliner it feels like a step down.

Same with Noel G, If he is headlining T then I wouldn't have expected to see him at Latitude.

only reason i suggest Flo is that Neil seems quite adamant that she's not headlining Glastonbury (meaning she's either in a lower slot, or not there at all) so Latitude booking her on an exclusive (or another festival) would be a good reason for her to not be there

can't wait for the line-up any longer so gona predict one myslef:

Friday:

Obelisk: Alt-J, Ben Howard, Years and Years, Wild Beasts, Natalie Prass

R6: Sleater-Kinney, Savages, King Krule, Wolf Alice, Fat White Family

Saturday:

Obelisk: fucking portishead, Ride, (some more awesome acts I can't think of right now)

R6: Catfish and the Bottlemen, Jungle (some shitter acts I can't think of right now)

Sunday:

Obelisk: Paulo Nutini, The Maccabees, Special Guest slot: Patti Smith

R6: Caribou, Todd Terje, Jamie XX

Think my placements might be a bit off

only reason i suggest Flo is that Neil seems quite adamant that she's not headlining Glastonbury (meaning she's either in a lower slot, or not there at all) so Latitude booking her on an exclusive (or another festival) would be a good reason for her to not be there

Got it.

A latitude exclusive would make sense, they usually have 1.

For some reason I just think she's too big now, but we will find out next week : )

Friday:

Saturday:

Obelisk: fucking portishead, Ride, (some more awesome acts I can't think of right now)

R6: Catfish and the Bottlemen, Jungle (some shitter acts I can't think of right now)

Sunday:

I'm at this festival!!!!! : )

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

I can see some Neneh Cherry and FKA Twigs playing that Portishead day, would be very nice.

Even when Portishead are on the other stage, I'm just not having those pricks Catfish and the Bottlemen headline R6, hopefully they wont be anywhere near Henham Park this year. Just a horrible horrible band.