Latitude 2015

5co77ie

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I haven't followed this forum for a while but portishead down as a strong rumour. That would be amazing, I can't think of a more suitable fit for Latitude than Portishead, I really can't, They are in my opinion the greatest live band on the planet, albeit they play live so rarely? Their Glasto performance a couple of years back blew my mid and is something I will truly never forget

anybody thought of Florence & The Machine for the repeat booking? Neil seems adamant that she's not headlining Glastonbury (100% adamant), and keeps mentioning that something will be revealed next week that makes this apparent - Latitude announce next week. just some food for thought

You used to be cool

anybody thought of Florence & The Machine for the repeat booking? Neil seems adamant that she's not headlining Glastonbury (100% adamant), and keeps mentioning that something will be revealed next week that makes this apparent - Latitude announce next week. just some food for thought

you could be right about Latitude - I keep mistakenly thinking I know the returning headliner when I don't - but that's nothing to do with why I'm saying 'next week'.

i know its only one act but if it is NG that would put me off going

Don't ever let any one act put you off Latitude, the three headliners last year were among my last favourite acts around, I've got a lot of vitriol to aim at the bill-toppers from that festival. There were a lot of bands I can't stand on the undercard as well, but I don't think any of them entered my sphere of conciousness while I was there, I crammed my weekend with what was most likely the largest number of acts and most varied range of acts I've ever seen at a festival. I'm definitely of the view point that there are more skid marks on the line-up every year, but overall I'm having a better time every year. Latitude's not just getting more mainstream, it's casting a wider net across the board, every year it comes back better than before.

I do think we could be looking at a monsoon year though, we don't get away with a tropical '13 and '14 back to back without paying for it somewhere down the line.

im looking for a 2nd festival this year Latitude is high on the list as ive never done it and fairly interested in doing a fest which just isn't about the music

also looking at greenman

music must still be a big pull though ...if its Portishead though that will almost sell me a ticket

its more the NG fans which would put me off

and about the weather ..same with 2000 trees last two years were incredible ..cant stay like that ...in fact I had 9 festivals of terrible weather in row ...last 5 have been stunning ...so might have turned the corner

I will allow NG headlining if Explosions in the sky headline the 2nd stage

Edited by pryce

The intial Portishead rumour came from me.

I was told by a good friend, who had heard it from a good friend, who knows someone in Portishead.

Now, it could be rubbish, but they definately weren't deliberately lying to me. I believe it.

I'm not sure if Neil has had some further confirmation.

The Noel's High Flying Birds rumour has suprised me though because I thought that Portishead would be the "special act Melvin has wanted for ages" and the other 2 headliner slots don't fit (returning headliner/worked the way up the bill).

im looking for a 2nd festival this year Latitude is high on the list as ive never done it and fairly interested in doing a fest which just isn't about the music

also looking at greenman

music must still be a big pull though ...if its Portishead though that will almost sell me a ticket

I think Latitude might be shooting themselves in the foot a big with no announcements so far. I have a Green Man ticket, which I wasn't planning to go to until they announced the line-up, and I immediately bought a ticket the day it was announced. This is all well and good for me, as I'm a true Latitude convert and looking at doing 3 festivals this year, but I think most of their market will probably only do one, and wont be loyal to one specific one. If all the other festivals have beaten Latitude by announcing, they might have lost quite a chunk of the crowd. People like to know what they're doing in advance, I wouldn't have been able to get time off work if I hadn't booked it in January, I only did that because I know I'm going back. A great line-up wont have the same clout if people have already settled on other festivals.