Latitude 2015

5co77ie

Sadly I think Alt-J are likely, but I reckon the Portishead/Nick Cave/B&S shouts aren't pure optimism.

Yeah I was thinking it'd be Alt-J, The Vaccines or Ben Howard but the 'risen through the ranks' thing might suggest an act who played at least a couple of times before which fits Alt-J who are around at the time, Metronomy who are also around but might not be big enough and The xx, and I dunno if they'll be back by then. So probably Alt-J.

I still think the Belles aren't really Latitude headliner sized any more but them along with another half dozen former headliners could still show up somewhere else on the bill lower than the top spot.

Manics doing Holy Bible as headliners?

But that was for the 20th anniversary. Don't think they're doing anything for the 21st anniversary.

Edited by dentalplan

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's work this out

Snow Patrol

Antony and the Johnsons

Mogwai

Damien Rice

The Good, The Bad and The Queen

Arcade Fire

Franz Ferdinand

Sigur Ros

Interpol

Pet Shop Boys

Grace Jones

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

Florence

Belle and Sebastien

Vampire Weekend

The National

Paulo Nutini

Suede

Bon Iver

Elbow

Paul Weller

Bloc Party

Kraftwerk

Foals

Two Door Cinema Club/Lily Allen

Damon Albarn

The Black Keys

Now, having done all that, I've crossed out the ones who we can pretty much rule out. The National are rumoured on this website, although they've hammered the festival circuit the last two summers, The Good, The Bad and The Queen have been spoken about doing something together, but please god NO MORE ALBARN.

Does it categorically state a headliner will be returning? And does a previous headliner have to return as a headliner?

One headliner is previous headliner. 10 of the acts played before in 1996.

Out of the headliners, here are the most likely ones, based on being around and being big enough to still headline.

Snow Patrol

Pet Shop Boys

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

Florence

Belle and Sebastien (barely big enough)

Vampire Weekend

The National

Paulo Nutini

Elbow

Edited by zahidf

Between Nick Cave, Portishead and Flaming Lips for the headliner they've been after a while, I reckon. Any of them would be superfantastic, but ideally Portishead for me. The future's bright!

EDIT - forgot Mr Cave has headlined before, silly me!

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

Between Nick Cave, Portishead and Flaming Lips for the headliner they've been after a while, I reckon. Any of them would be superfantastic, but ideally Portishead for me. The future's bright!

EDIT - forgot Mr Cave has headlined before, silly me!

Not optimistic on Moz then?

Forgot about the Flaming Lips. Weird that they haven't played. Would love that.

Nah, says he doesn't like playing festivals, but having said that, the man contradicts himself so much that somebody will probably now pop up with a quote of him gushing about how splendid festivals are. He's too unreliable, I reckon, and while he's big, he's very very marmite, plays to please himself and die-hards these days.

British Sea Power playing again ( possibly their first album in full) is likely IMO

I very much like the sound of BSP, but while Decline is my favourite album of theirs, I'd rather they play a career-spanning set. Those album in full shows are very rarely all they're cracked up to be (although The Twilight Sad doing 14A&15W in full earlier this year was utterly beautiful), but a heavier does of Decline tracks that usual wouldn't go amiss.

If Morrissey continues to tour next year & plays a UK festival it's likely to be either Latitude or Bestival... I doubt he'll be back at Glastonbury so soon, EOTR & Festival no 6 are a bit too small & I can't imagine any other suitable UK festivals that would offer him a prominent slot.

I hope it is Morrissey. Although Portishead would be equally as welcome.

Nah, says he doesn't like playing festivals, but having said that, the man contradicts himself so much that somebody will probably now pop up with a quote of him gushing about how splendid festivals are. He's too unreliable, I reckon, and while he's big, he's very very marmite, plays to please himself and die-hards these days.

Where has it been stated he doesn't like playing Festivals? In 2011 he absolutely smashed it at Hop Farm Festival, check out the setlist, probably the best I've ever seen him.

I agree he's unreliable though, his ill health obviously doesn't help these days either.

Where has it been stated he doesn't like playing Festivals? In 2011 he absolutely smashed it at Hop Farm Festival, check out the setlist, probably the best I've ever seen him.

I agree he's unreliable though, his ill health obviously doesn't help these days either.

I think it was initially in a true-to-you Q & A where he said he didn't like them, then in the autobiog he complained a bit more about festivals, and literally everything else in his entire life so far.

Belle & Sebastian announced for Electric Picnic in Ireland which is the same w/e as EOTR and FN6 this year - so reckon they are likely to headline at least one of those two rather than play Latitude?

Looks like b&s are around throughout the Summer so doesn't rule them out.

Edited by thetime

• 2 weeks later...